Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

7

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2019-08-07 - 4418 words

0Unrated

Jenna was bored in the horse box max still sleeping so she went out to do a late check on the horses and spend some time with them. As she was topping up hays and waters and doing feed and hays ready for tomorrow to make it easier Benji came walking over.
“I thought I told you I have nothing to say to you.” Jenna said carrying on doing hay nets.
“you don't have to talk to me just hear me out, please.” He pleaded she didn’t say yes but she didn’t say no she just looked up at him for a second, her heart flustered then she went back to concentrating on her hay nets as it was safer than looking at Benji again. Benji took the opportunity to talk to her.
“Jenna I don’t know where to start well for one I am really sorry I should have been straight with you from the start. I just I got caught up in seeing you again and all my feeling for you came flooding back. I always loved you so much and back then I was too scared to tell you how much. Then we lost contact and I never thought I’d se you again. And now that we have I just don’t want to loose you again. Mine and Mia's relationship has been over unofficially for such a long time I don’t even know why were together we hardly see each other and when we do there's nothing there. I am going to break up with her when I see her tomorrow and I know it’s not under the best circumstances but please find it in you to forgive me and hopefully we can maybe start again?” he pleaded. Jenna carried on doing bit a piece around the stables and didn’t respond to him. She did want to start talking for fear of one being so angry at him saying something she regretted and two falling for him.
“Jenna please.” Benji said stepping in front of her forcing her to stop and look at him. He could see it in her eye the conflict of her feelings for him.
“for fucks sake Benji.” She sighed rubbing her head.
“I know I know it’s all a bit of a mess but please we can work through it.” Benji persisted.
“It doesn’t matter, none of it matters. You lied to me, you betrayed my trust, you cheated on another woman and you made me ‘that woman’ someone I never wanted to be because I know how much it hurt being the cheated on.” She said emotionally a tear escaped I she caught quickly but he seen and killed him how much she was hurting because of him.
“Jenna..” He said quietly taking a step close to her.
“no Benji, just go back to your girlfriend forget this all happened.” Jenna said moving passed him and going onto he horse box. It was too much she couldn’t cope she had to get away.
“Jenna!” he called after her.
“what's going on is that Benji?” max said sitting up as she got in.
“yeh.” she called as she was getting changed in the back.
“are you going to speak to him?” max said.
“No. done that, heard enough.” She said coming through putting the kettle ignoring Benji calling her from outside.
“ate you just going to leave him out there?” max looked at her like she was crazy.
“if he chooses to stay put there.” She shrugged sitting down with her bru. Max looked from Jenna to Benji back to Jenna shook his head stood up and let Benji in.
“Max!.” She shouted at him “your supposed to have my back.” She said pissed off.
“believe me I do.” Max said in an I know better I’m doing this for your own good way then got his jacket and left.
“close the door on your way out.” She said to Benji.
“I’ll go in a minute just answer me one thing, do you love me?” Benji said. She just stired at him avoiding his eyes.
“fuck off Benji.” She said barely more than a whisper looking away from him.
“Jenna I love you I always have and I’m pretty sure you have feelings for me too.” He said kneeling down in front of her to get her eye contact.
“It doesn't matter any more. You know maybe there was a good reason why we was never together before.” She said but he could tell she didn’t really mean it he knew Jenna and her protective defensive walls all too well.
“ok fine tell me you don't love me.” He said holding her eye contact. She couldn't and he knew it. No answer was all he needed to know. A tear escaped and grab down her cheek. Benji lent in to wipe it away with his hand but she moved and brushed his hand away.
“I can’t do this Benji, not now.” Jenna said. He could tell she was struggling do he decided to leave her alone for now.
“ok fine I'll go but I’m not giving up.” He said getting up and leaving.
When returned shortly after Jenna was just on her way out.
“where are you going?” he asked looking confused.
“for a run.” She said.
“a run?” he asked looking at her like she was mad.
“yes a run you know exercise.” She said mocking him with a laugh.
“do you not think you get enough exercise with the horses.” Max said.
“maybe but I need to clear my head.” She said. He looked like he understood more then his face lit up and Jenna knew what wise ass comment was coming. “and not with tequila this time.” She laughed.
“well don’t be too long its getting late.” He said.
“yes mom.” She laughed as she left.

The next day Jenna was up early and went for a run before anyone else seemed to be up.
“your up early where’ve you been?” max asked.
“just for a run.” Jenna said max looked at her concerned she's done this before when she was dealing with all the shit from her ex worked herself to almost breaking point in effort to ‘take her mind off thing's’.
“again? If you wanted to do something you could have done the stable and gave me the morning off.” He laughed.
“anyone would think you didn't enjoy spending time with me and my horses.” Jenna said faking shock and hurt.
“well you are a bit of an old boot.” He joked earning a smack on the arm.
“Anyway I’m going to make a start on them.” She said heading back to the door.
“ok I’ll be right out, have you eaten?” he asked noting he must keep an eye on her.
“yes mom.” She rolled her eyes laughing.

As they was prepping the horses for the first show of the day Seraya come over.
“hey guys.” She smiled acting a bit shifty.
“hey you ok?” Jenna eyed her.
“well promise you won’t kill me.” Seraya flinched.
“what have you done?” Jenna sighed.
“promise you won’t kill me first.” Seraya winced.
“it depends what you’ve done.” Jenna said eyeing her suspiciously.
“well this’ll get us no where Seraya just tell her and I’ll pull her off you if she tires anything.” Max laughed.
“ok so erm I kind of sort of accidentally let it slip to Paul that you two slept together.” Seraya said and ducked for cover.
“you did what!” they both said at the same time.
“I know I’m sorry but I did explain that it meant nothing its never happened before and probably never will again and...” Seraya rambled.
“for fucks sake Seraya.” Jenna sighed.
“I am so sorry.” Seraya said.
“it’s ok it’s done now anyway it should matter to anyone should it.” Jenna said generalizing but really they knew it was aimed at the Benji situation.
“right guys is every one ready!” they heard Jackie call and they all went to where they needed to before the show.

The show went well as popular as ever Jenna was putting puzzle away and getting sully ready for the next show max had gone getting some lunch.
“Hey have you eaten lunch yet? I brought you a sandwich peace offering.” Seraya said coming over to Jenna.
“I haven’t and that's perfect thank you but you don’t have to bring me peace offering I’m not bad at you.” Jenna smiled.
“ok but I am sorry though.” Seraya said.
“don't worry about it.” Jenna brushed off. She came out of sully’s stable accepting the sandwich off Seraya and they sat on a bake if hay having lunch.
“so you and Paul seem cosey.” Jenna smiled at her.
“yeh I suppose so.” She blushed a little.
“he's a good guy you two will be good together.” Jenna smiled.
“thanks I really like him.” Seraya smiled. “so how’s things with you?”
“dramatic as ever.” Jenna laughed.
“how’s everything with you and max after, you know?” Seraya asked.
“fine we're just normal forgot it ever happened.” Jenna said.
“really?” she raised her eyebrows.
“Yeh well can hardly remember much anyway after all the tequila we drank.” Jenna laughed.
“oh now see that would be a night of want to remember.” Seraya’s mouth said before her brain could stop her.
“oh my god do you fancy max!” Jenna gasped laughing.
“no no well no.” Seraya laughed trying to shush her clearly embarrassed. “but come on he's bloody gorgeous.”
“hmm but I’ve never we’ve never thought of each other like that it was a moment of madness.” Jenna said.
“what about you and Benji?” she asked.
“there is no me and Benji.” Jenna said plainly.
“Jenna..” Seraya started.
“no Seraya he has a girlfriend and the whole things just too fucked up.” Jenna said.
“I don’t think you should rule it out yet. Just the way he look’s at you for starters I hope that one day Paul or any guy for that matter looks at me like that.” Seraya said she could tell she hit a bit of a nerve with Jenna.
“right well anyway I best be getting on.” Jenna said standing up and going back in with sully finishing grooming him.
“Jen it’s into be hurt and angry but just remember this situation is totally different to then one you was in with Karl and Emma.” Seraya said standing outside the door.
“it might be different but it’s also very much the same.” Jenna said. Seraya nodded.
“just think about it.” Seraya said before leaving her to it to get ready for the show herself. “I’ll see ya later.”


After the second show max and Jenna where back at the stables putting sully away and finishing the horses stable off for the night. Jenna picked up some hay and got a splinter.
“OW! Ouch. Holy mother of Jesus.” She screamed jumping around holding her hand. Max laughed at her. “it’s not funny!” Jenna whined.
“come here.” He said fighting back the laughter.
“no no don’t touch it.” She said jumping away from him.
“come here you need to get it out.” He said grabbing her hand pulling her closer to him so he could get a good look then squose and bit it out in one swift movement.
“fuck!” she shouted.
“done.” He smirked he had hold of her which could look like there was more to it if you didn't know better.
“so it is true.. there is something going on with you two?” Benji’s voice came from behind them. They both stopped and turned to look at him.
“she had a splinter.” Max laughed and walked over to the stable he was doing before Jenna’s splinter drama.
“course she did and what was the excuse the other night when you slept together?” Benji said a mix of bitterness and jealousy in his voice.
“hang on a minute what’s it to do with you what me and max do?” Jenna squinted a him.
“so you did, I’m not surprised it probably wasn’t the first time the way you two are together.” Benji said.
“again what the hell does it have to do with you anyway. We are both single.” Jenna said making a point. Benji shook his head.
“look mate there’s nothing going on between me and Jen never was and never will be.” Max said going back over to them.
“I’m not your ‘mate'.” Benji said pulling his face. “and I don't believe you.”
“no? Well I suggest you go. We’ve got stuff to be doing.” Max said his facial expression changing to a more threatening tone even thought he didn’t raise his voice or anything.
“Oh Benji grow up and listen to yourself your round here all guns blazing giving off to two single people who’ve slept together yet your the hypocrite who's cheated on your girlfriend give it a rest ey and do one.” Jenna said irritably and stormed off into the horse box. Benji glared at max and left.

“Jen, you Ok?” max called going into he horse box once he'd finished off the horses.
“yeh I’m fine.” She sighed clearly not really that fine.
“what are you doing?” he frowned a her noticing she was in her running clothes.
“go for a run.” She said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
“I see that but why you went this morning and you’ve done two shows and stable jobs do you not think you’ve done enough.” Max said concerned.
“no I’m fine.” She brushed off.
“but its karaoke night tonight.” He added.
“oh I don't feel like it tonight. You go and I'll sort the horses late checks.” Jenna said.
“you can’t not come we never miss karaoke, Jackie won’t let you miss karaoke. Why don’t you give the run a miss have a lie down then you’ll be karaoke ready.” He grinned.
“I don't want to lie down I need to go for a run clear my head.” She said.
“I’m worried about you, I understand you have a lot on your mind but you don't want to burn your self out.” He said.
“I won't I’m fine, have fun at karaoke and I'll see you later.” She said leaving for her run before he could protest any more.

When Jenna got back from her run the horse box was empty and she could hear the karaoke in full swing from across by the RVs. She tried to chill out with a magazine but before long there was a knocking at the door. She stayed quiet and ignored it hoping whoever it was trying to force her to karaoke would think she was still out and leave her alone.
“Jenna Copeland don’t you dare ignore me I know your in there I seen you go in.” Jackie called. Jenna didn’t answer. “Right I’m coming in.” The door opened and in walled Jackie followed by max.
“I really don’t feel like it tonight, I...” Jenna started.
“no excuses. Sitting here moping around is not going to do you any good. Get your was across there now and have fun, it’ll tale tour mind off thing’s.” Jackie said clearly she had spoke to max.
“but...” Jenna tried again.
“no buts about it. Get her max. It’s not the same with out double trouble over there.” Jackie said. Max picked her up and threw her over his shoulder.
“come on show your face for a bit then of you still really done feel like it ill help you sneak off.” He said quietly to her. As he carried her over his shoulder out the box and across to the RVs.
“alright max you can put me down now I’m not going to escape.” She laughed as they was half way across.
“were not taking that risk.” He laughed. There was some ‘whoos' cheers and wolf whistles when everyone seen Jenna. Max finally put her down and took a minute for the blood to stop rushing to her head. She went and sat at a table with AJ, Erin and Brad.
“alright Jen?” AJ laughed as she sat down.
“I’ve just been kidnapped by my so called best friend what do you think.” She laughed.
“glad you decided to come.” Erin smiled.
“I didn’t have much choice in the matter.” Jenna rolled her eye but in humour.
“Jen what do you want to drink?” max called.
“anything?” she shrugged not really bother shed drink pretty much anything. “not tequila!” she shouted back causing everyone to laugh.
“my lady.” Max smiled leaning over her placing a glass of wine in front of her.
“ooo we are going up in the world wine in an actual wine glass I was expecting a bottle of beer.” She laughed.
“only the best for you.” He winked cheesily in jest.
“I should think so.” She laughed.
“Brad, AJ, max your up.” Jackie called. The three if them went over to the karaoke.
“they’re doing the spice girls.” Erin laughed.
“oh Jesus I need more alcohol before this.” Jenna laughed. “where’s Seraya?” Jenna asked suddenly realising she was missing. Erin looked a bit unsure then looked behind Jenna. Jenna followed her eye line to where Seraya was sat with Paul Billy and Dean.
“fantastic.” Jenna said under her breath and taking a large sip of her wine.
“you Ok?” Erin eyed her.
“Yes but I think more wines needed.” Jenna smiled Erin lent over to the drinks table just behind her getting the wine bottle and passing it to Jenna who smiled gratefully and then they turned their attention to the hysterical car wreck otherwise known as the three boys doing not one not two but there spice girls song.
Seraya came over followed by Billy Paul and Dean.
“come on Erin let's pick a song.” Seraya said pulling Erin up leaving the three guys stood stiring at Jenna.
“because that wasn’t planned.” Jenna said finding a humour to it turning to look at the guys.
“can we sit?” billy asked hopefully.
“if you must.” She sighed as if it was a big ask but joking too. They gratefully sat down.
“look Jenna were so sorry that we didn’t tell you the truth we really are. We all wanted to tell you, felt bad about not telling you. We all told Benji he needed to but you must understand why it was my right it coming from us.” Billy explained. Jenna sat in silence looking between them then finally her facial expression softened and she nodded. She was always known for holding a grudge, being a tough cookie to crack and big on loyalty.
“so are we forgiven?” Paul asked hopefully.
“you two maybe.” Jenna smiled to Dean and Billy. “you after your latest gossip blab maybe not so much. “ she said referring to Paul telling Benji about her sleeping with max
“Yeh about that moment of mental weakness in fairness I was defending you when it came out in t he hear of the moment.” Paul said with a cheeky smiled.
“oh well that makes it all fine then.” Jenna said sarcastically then laughed.
“Well it should I was defending your honour.” Paul said proudly.
“well Mr Thomas I guess I should not just forgive you but thank you.” She smiled.
“so are we ok now?” Paul said hopefully.
“yes I suppose so.” Jenna said with a smile Paul jumped to and gave her a hug closely followed by Billy then Dean a little hug as they didn't know each other as well. “can’t stay mad at you guys for too long can I.” She smiled.
“does that count for Benji too?” Paul asked Billy and Dean looked at him like he was crazy Jenna's face fell.
“let’s not push it.” She said eyeing him. Paul nodded. They watched max brad and AJ finish off the spice girls songs the Erin and Seraya took over.
“so how’s your shows been going?” Jenna asked the guys.
“good the crowds have been awesome.” Billy smiled.
“that’s good.” Jenna nodded.
“how have your shows been going?” Dean asked.
“great fun the horses have been so well behaved.” She said proudly.
“you was fucking amazing that day when me and Benji came to see you.” Paul said only realising he’d dropped the Benji word again. “argh sorry.” He flinched.
“it’s ok. He does exist after all.” Jenna laughed.
They chatted a little longer watching everyone antics around the karaoke. Seraya and Erin where really getting into it giving it their all and seemingly very alcohol fuelled. Seraya was busting some serious dance moves then tripped and fell over.
“OUCH!.” She called everyone stopped and looked at her concerned. “she pulled herself to her feet. “it’s ok I’m ok.” She said trying to laugh it off before she fully stood up as she out weight on her left ankle she jumped in pain. “oh ouch oh no I’m not ok.” She flinched hopping to be caught by max. Paul and Jenna got up and went over to her followed by Jackie.
“Damn girl you need to sit and get some ice on that.” Jenna said looking at her ankle that she'd clearly sprained.
“only Seraya could sprain her ankle dancing at karaoke.” Max laughed
“shut it.” Seraya laugh slapping him on the shoulder playfully.
“right lady back to your RV elevate it I’ve pack do not move unless completely necessary, Erin as her partner I crime you stay with her and get her what she needs. Max AJ take her away.” Jackie give her instruction with a humour to them but also a seriousness as with a bad ankle Seraya wouldn’t be able to do her trapeze act.
“Jenna.” Jackie pulled Jenna to one side. “she's going to be off that ankle for at least a couple of days. You know h trapeze act don’t you?” Jackie asked her.
“erm well yeh I can do it but not quite like Seraya it’s been a while since I’ve done it.” Jenna said.
“if we some how manage to cut the trapeze act out of the show tomorrow and gave you time to practice it with Seraya coaching you would you feel ok doing it until she back on her feet. We'll all chip in with the horses where you need it as I know it’s a bit of a big ask doing four acts a day but hopefully it'll only be for a couple of days.” Jackie asked.
“yeh sure. Jenna nodded. Jenna hung out with billy and Dean for a little longer Paul and Erin was with Seraya and max brad and AJ joined them once they’d got Seraya sorted.

As it got late Jenna said her good night’s ti everyone to go and do a late check on the horses then in for the night. Max stayed chatting with the guys for a little longer. Jenna walked over to the stables as she got closer a figure stood up from sitting on a bake she jumped the recognised it was Benji.
“Jesus Benji what re you doing her you nearly gave me a heart attack.” She breathed.
“I’m sorry I just I really need to talk to you.” He said.
“what do you have left to say did you say enough earlier.” She sighed.
“that’s the thing I was such an idiot...” he said.
“you can say that again.” Jenna said impatiently.
“I am and I’m sorry I had no right giving off to you and max earlier. what you two so is your business. I’m sorry I was just lashing out because I fear I’ve lost you again. Well I have haven’t I? I messed up my chance with you again. I know the whole Mia situation is stupid of me just well me and Mia haven’t really had a real relationship for a long time now and well I guess I should have been honest with her sooner. I just once I seen you again I couldn’t help but fall for you so bad so quickly and none of it is a good enough excise but I just I can’t get you out of my head but I just if your well if your happy with max I will find a way to be happy for you and stay out of your way.” Benji rambled Jenna just about kept up.
“wow Benj just take a breath. You could give Seraya a run for her money.” Jenna laugh lightly at his word cram.
“sorry I’m Just wanted to get everything out.” He smiled nervously. She looked him over he was relived to see her eyes softening to him for the first time since all of this kicked off.
“Jenna I love you, I always have. I can’t get you out of my head, I think about you all the time.” He said moving closer to her which she allowed.
“None of that matters right now.” Jenna sighed pulling back.
“w-what do you mean? I love you I'm pretty sure you feel the same way we can finally give us a go.” he asked confused and hopeful.
“right now you need to sort your shit with your girlfriend, their isn’t an ‘us'.” Jenna said it killed her to say it and she knew it broke his heart to hear it.
“but Jen...” he pleaded.
“Benji we just cant, I can't. All ‘this’ is just not a good place to start a relationship in.” She said emotionally. Benji just looked at her unable to form words. She leant in placing her hands lightly on the side of his arms and gave him a very emotional kiss just a peck on the cheek but it meant so much more.
“good night Benji.” She said quietly and walked over to the horse box.
Sign up to rate and review this story