Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

8

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2019-08-07 - 3827 words

0Unrated
OVER ON THE GOOD CHARLOTTE BUS
“hey where've you been so late?” Dean asked Benji as he walked onto the bus. Billy and Dean had got back before Benji from the karaoke.
“oh er I just went for a walk.” Benji said clearly there was something wrong.
“is everything ok Benj?” Billy asked.
“yeh I’m fine.” He clearly lied. “how was karaoke?” he asked in effort to take the questioning off himself.
“good fun, eventful.” Dean laughed shaking his head. Billy laughed along too.
“what happened, where’s Paul?” Benji smiled looked between them wanting the missing information.
“he’s staying with Seraya.” Dean said.
“she sprained her ankle.” Billy said.
“oh god how?” Benji asked starting to laugh at their amused expression.
“she was busting some crazy moves on the dance floor then tripped and fell. She is ok apart from the sprained ankle however I don’t think Jackie was too impressed that shed ended up hurting herself.” Dean said.
“well they’ll be a person down for the shows won’t they.” Benji said.
“so Paul's stayed with Seraya for the night Jackie’s gave strict instructions she's not to move and to keep it iced and elevated. oh also we had the joys of the spice girls in form of Max AJ and Brad.” Billy said.
“sounds like you a had a great time.” Benji smiled whilst Billy and Dean where still laughing at the nights events. “did you guys see Jenna?” Benji asked they both stopped laughing and looked at him concerned unsure how to answer.
“erm yeh she wasn’t there for long though.” Dean said. Benji nodded.
“I think maybe you could try talking to her again. We spoke to her and she was ok you know.” Billy said. Benji just went quiet and looked down.
“Benj?” Billy asked.
“I did speak to her that’s where I was before. “ Benji said.
“and?” Dean asked.
“and she spoke to me, we didn’t argue. I explained all that I needed too.” He stated.
“so that’s a good thing?” Billy said unsure.
“she said there’s too much going on right now we can’t go there and I need to sort stiff out with Mia.” He said sadly.
“Just give it time Benji, it’ll work its self out.” Billy said giving him a pat on the shoulder.

The next morning Jenna was up early again before everyone else and went for a run. She got back and got changed to soothe horses. Just as she was about to go out and make a start on them max woke up.
“Morning sunshine how’s that hangover treating you.” She laughed at him as he flinched.
“urgh my head hurts.” He groaned sitting up. “how long have you been up for?”
“a while I just got back from a run.” She said.
“a run again.” He said slightly alarmed.
“don’t start that again it’s just a run.” She said. “I'm going to go and make a start on the horses I'll see you out there.” She said quickly before he had chance to say anything else.
As Jenna walked over to the stables Jackie was just getting there too.
“ok where do you want me to start?” Jackie asked with a smiled. Jenna looked at her confused.
“I was just going to feed them and start their stables. Max'll be out in a minute he’s feeling a bit delicate.” Jenna said.
“ok you feed and I’ll make a start on their stables.” Jackie said Jenna looked at her like she was crazy. Jackie was always very hands on but usually every one especially max and Jenna with the horses sorted their own aspect of the job. No one ever volunteered willingly to muck out.
“don't look at me like that I told you we'd all chip in to help you over here with you doing the trapeze act.” Jackie smiled.
“thanks.” Jenna laughed to herself.
When max came out the horse box looking fairly rough Jenna was just finishing off feeding the horses and Jackie was in puzzles stable mucking out. As max walked past puzzles stable he did a double take and looked as if the world had gone mad. Jenna seen him and laughed.
“here he is the slacker.” Jackie laughed. “make yourself useful max and start the next stable.” Jackie said.
“w-what are you doing?” max asked Jackie half amused and half confused.
“with Seraya out of action for a little while Jenna has agreed to take on the trapeze act so the rest of us are going to help out over here.” Jackie smiled
“your doing the trapeze act too? Are you sure that’s a good idea?” max looked at Jenna already worried she was doing too much to ‘take her mind off things’ he didn’t want her making herself ill and burning herself out.
“well granted I’m no Seraya at it however I can give it a bloody good go.” Jenna smiled.
“you’ll do more than give it a good go you’ll do a fantastic job.” Jackie smiled. Jenna smiled. Max pulled her to one side away from Jackie.
“Jenna your taking on too much pull be doing four acts a day please tell me your going to take it easy on the runs now.” Max said concerned.
“max chill its fine you heard Jackie everyone going to chip in over here to make up for it.”
“Jenna please be careful.” Max said.
Max and Jackie finished off the stables whilst Jenna groomed the two horses she was using today for the shows.
After the first show max took sully away for Jenna and Jackie helped organise the big top then herself and Erin went to help over by the horses which then gave Jenna time to practice the trapeze act with Seraya, Brad and AJ helped seraya get across to the big top and AJ helped with the hoist and safety rope of the trapeze as he would normally for Seraya. Max and Erin joined them once the horses was done.
“you ok up there Jen?” Erin laughed knowing how ironically Jenna wasn’t fond of heights.
“not so bad.” Jenna said slightly out of breath from doing the routine.
They all chatted and watched as Seraya coached Jenna through the routine a few times.
“oh yeh Jenna I meant to ask you was I seeing things or was you chatting with Benji last night.” Erin asked taking full advantage of the fact Jenna couldn't run from the question.
“nope. No you wasn’t seeing things.” Jenna said as she spun herself right way up after swinging upside down.
“you spoke to Benji!” Seraya and max said at the same time looking at Jenna.
“erm yeh a little.” She said trying to concentrate on the routine.
“what did he say?” max said.
“what did you say?” Seraya said.
“not just say they looked fairly close to me.” Erin said smuggly.
“ok ok yeh now maybe you was seeing things.” Jenna laughed to Erin.
“ok well I defiantly seen you kiss him on the cheek so I'd say you was fairly close.” Erin said.
“what the hell!” max said in shock and amusement.
“so you made up then?” Seraya asked.
“ok guys can we just have this discussion when I’m not 30 feet I the air.” Jenna said breathlessly.
“no your not coming down till you explain everything.” Seraya laughed.
“there's nothing to tell really it was nothing at all.” Jenna said spinning so she was sat on the trapeze like a swing.
“we don’t believe you.” Erin said.
“all’s that happened he explained everything, how he feels and apologised. The kiss was nothing just a good night peck.” Jenna said in as ballpark way as she could.
“wow wow go back you’ve totally missed that fact you wanted to rip his head off one minute and then you kissed him on the cheek. Are you two...” max said.
“no there is no ‘us two’ and I told him exactly that. It was more of a kiss goodbye.” Jenna shrugged with a little more emotion.
“you can’t just give up on you two.” Seraya said she understood where they was at the most as she was close to Jenna and she got Benji's side from Paul.
“there's too much going on he’s got to sort his shit with his girlfriend.” Jenna shook her head they could tell it for to her. “now can you let me down please.” Jenna looked at AJ.
“nah I think we’ll just leave you up there.” AJ laughed
“let me down or I'll shout Jackie.” Jenna laughed.
“Oh shut it you've always been Jackie’s favourite.” AJ joked.
“well I can’t help that.” Jenna shrugged with a laugh as he lowered her down.
“everything going ok?” Jackie asked walking in.
“yeh all fine.” Seraya said.
“do you feel ok with everything?” Jackie looked at Jenna.
“yeh pretty much. We’re going to have a quick run through tonight too.” Jenna said.
“oh are we now.” AJ said pretending to be offended he wasn’t asked as he would need to be there to do the ropes.
“welcome to my world.” Max laughed. The girls shot them both a look.
“right well you go grab some lunch we'll sort everything over here.” Jackie said. Jenna nodded.
As Jenna walked out the big top she heard someone call her name as she turned to respond the person hit her in the cheek. Jenna stumbled to regain her balance holding her cheek and looking at who it was she didn't recognise her but she had a good idea who she could be and there was another girl stood a bit behind her looking disinterested in well everything.
“home wrecking whore!” the girl who hit her screamed at her then lunged at her again but she was caught by max and AJ who hooked one if her arms each and held her back.
“what the hells going in here?” Jackie said.
“Mia?” Jenna asked looking at the girl who hit her.
“no Rachel she's Mia.” Rachel said looking towards the disinterested girl. Jenna nodded then walked towards the girl.
“don't you dare speaking her.” Rachel shouted to Jenna from still being held back by max and AJ.
“and what’s it to do with you.” Jenna snapped at her not waiting or wanting for an answer.
“look for what its worth I am sorry about what’s gone on. I didn’t know he had a girlfriend, if I did needless to say none of this would have happened but that's no excuse, like I said I’m sorry.” Jenna said sincerely she felt like she owed it too Mia.
“whatever.” Mia said emotinlessly seeming more interested in her nails.
“I don’t believe you for one second you cheep slapper.” Rachel shouted.
“again nothing to do with you.” Jenna said irritably to her. “who the hell are you anyway?”
“I’m her best friend, Joel’s girl friend.” Rachel said with a sense on entitlement.
“charmed.” Jenna said sarcastically to her.
“right can we just go shopping now.” Mia sighed and rolled her eyes at Rachel as if this was the last thing she was bothered about.
“yes I think that’s a very good idea. I suggest you leave now and don’t come back.” Jackie said more to Rachel.
Rachel shook max and AJ off her and left with Mia glaring at them all mostly Jenna in the process.
“you Ok?” max asked. As Jenna walked back over to them.
“yeh.” Jenna nodded in a not 100% way. “I guess I sort of deserved that.”
“no you didn’t not from her anyway. She was a piece of work and you don't have anything to apologise for.” Seraya said.
“you’ll need some make up on that babe.” Erin said looking at Jenna's bruised cheek.
“go on go grab some lunch and get yourself ready, max can sort the horses, Erin you help Jenna get ready, Brad you take Seraya back, the rest of you with me to the big top and Jenna, call if you need anything at all.” Jackie said and they all followed her instructions.
They did the second show and did the usual maintenance after it, Jackie sent Brad to help max do the horses stable jobs whilst Jenna just had to put trigger away after the show, then went over to the big top to run through the trapeze routine with Seraya and AJ. Since the incident with Rachel and Mia Jenna had been quiet everyone knew it was best to just leave her for now to let her work through things whilst they had a job and shows to do.
By the time Jenna Seraya and AJ had finished practicing everyone else had finished for the night.
“hey I left you some pizza.” Max said as Jenna walked in.
“oh thanks I don’t really feel like it right now but I'll have some when I get back.” Jenna said sounding distracted
“where are you going?” max asked.
“just for a run.” Jenna said.
“seriously?! Again. Jenna you’ve not stopped all day just sit and rest.” Max said.
“max please I need to clear my head.” Jenna said. “I won’t be long promise.” She said and left quickly.
Jenna had her earphones in and was lost in her thoughts of everything that had been going on lately during her run. She totally didn’t notice the person in front of her and bumped into them. She stopped taking her ear phones out to apologise.
“I’m so s... Benji.” Jenna said.
“hey we’ve got to stop bumping into each other like this.” He grinned at his pun and she laughed for a moment forgetting everything. “shit what happened to your face?” Benji said turning serious as he noticed Jenna's bruised cheek.
“ oh erm I had a run in with Joel's girlfriend er...” Jenna tried to explain but forgetting her name.
“..Rachel did this to you?!” he asked surprised and shocked.
“erm yeh I don’t think I'm her favourite person to say the least.” Jenna said.
“I can't believe she did that she's so out of order.” Benji said careingly stepping closer to her brushing her cheek with his hand then removing it quickly.
“I can't say she was the most pleasant person I've ever met but I guess she's just sticking up for her friend.” Jenna said.
“did Mia do anything?” Benji asked concerned.
“nope she seemed more bothered with her nails and phone than anything else and would rather have been shoping.” Jenna said.
“sounds like Mia to a tee.” Benji nodded. “that’s exactly how our relationship if you can call it that went. I broke up with her this morning so I guess Rachel’s a little more upset about the break up than Mia. Rachel was always more invested in mine and Mia’s relationship than Mia ever was. I think she just likes the idea of herself and her best friend marrying the famous twins and Mia just likes the money and the easy ride.” Benji said.
“look Benji really don't want to be getting involved in your relationship and stuff that’s your business.” Jenna said a little uncomfortable at him discussing his girlfriend whether it be his now ex or not with her.
“sorry I just wanted to explain but it’s all done and over with now.” Benji smiled catching her eye they shared a ‘moment’
“well just give it time.” Jenna said snapping out of it a little. “anyways I best be getting back otherwise max'll be having kittens.” She said.
“ok look after yourself.” Benji smiled.
“you too.” She smiled back.
“where’ve you been you’ve been ages I thought you said you wasn’t going to be long.” Max said when she got in.
“untwist your knickers maxi I wasn’t running the whole time I bumped into Benji.” Jenna said.
“you bumped into Benji again?” he asked grinning raising eyebrows at her.
“yeh again it was nothing to write home about he asked what happened to my face he said he’d broke up with Mia this morning.” Jenna said.
“and..” Max said expecting more.
“and nothing.” Jenna smiled.
“hmm I don’t believe you. Your pizzas still waiting for you.” He said suddenly remembering she hadn’t eaten still.
“Ok I’ll just get changed then I’ll have it.” Jenna said.
A little while later Jenna still hadn't reappeared so max went to find her. As he went through he seen her out for the count asleep. He covered her with a blanket and left her. He knew she was doing too much and she was doing it as her coping mechanism when she was hurting and feeling out of control. He seen it in the worse way when her ex cheated on her and messed with her head and now he can see it going the same way. He knew in Jenna's mind she has strong feelings for Benji and he was so happy at the time that she finally let her walls down and took a chance on him but when she found out he had a girlfriend and he cheated on his girlfriend with her Jenna blamed herself and feels she need to punish herself for it. She isn’t seeing how different this situation is compared to the situation with her ex. Her ex was a nasty piece of work controlling and manipulative and Emma who he cheated on her and eventually left her for was a horrible spiteful woman who did it all to cause hurt and pain.

OVER IN THE GOOD CHARLOTTE BUS
“Hey Benj where’ve you been?” Billy said as Benji walked in. Billy Dean and Paul where chilling in the front of the bus.
“just for a walk, I seen Jenna...” Benji said about to tell them about what Rachel had done to Jenna.
“you seen Jenna?” Paul smiled.
“yeh where’s Joel and Rachel?” Benji asked.
“they went out for dinner but what about Jenna?” Billy smiled hoping it was good news as they knew he officially ended things with Mia that morning.
“don’t get any ideas about me and Jenna that’s still not on the cards.” He said sadly they all gave him a sympathetic look. “but erm she had a bruise on her cheek, she said Rachel had gone over having a go and hit her.” Benji said.
“wait what Rachel did? Not Mia?” Dean asked to be sure.
“yes Rachel.” Benji said.
“and what was Mia doing?” Billy asked.
“nothing she said she was more interested in her nails and her phone.” Benji explained.
“sounds like Mia to me.” Paul said he was never a fan of Mia and he never tried to hide it. Benji nodded in agreement.
“I think Rachel's a bit out of order, especially hitting Jenna. Is Jenna Ok?” Billy said.
“yeh I think so.” Benji said.
“how is things with you an Jenna now?” Dean asked.
“better than they was at least she’s talking to me now. She’s still a bit distant though.” Benji said.
“give it time she had a really bad time with her ex. He played a lot of mind games on her and the girl he cheated with was a nasty piece of work. It left her in a bad place from what Seraya said I think that mixed with old family wounds took their toll on her.”
“...and now I’ve just stirred it all back up for her.” Benji said guiltily.
“no.. well yes sort of but you just need to reassure her give her time to work things through in her head.” Paul said.
“yeh Benj you guys are so good together. your meant to be together it will happen.” Billy said.
“I hope so and I'll do everything I can to get her to see that.” Benji said

The next morning when Benji got up Joel and Rachel was sat having breakfast. Rachel had been a bit cold to Benji since breaking up with Mia even though they got in reasonably well normally.
“um Joel can I have a word please?” Benji said feeling a little awkward.
“yeh what’s up?” Joel looked up at him not getting that he meant alone.
“erm I sort of meant with just you.” Benji said.
“oh sure.” Joel said looking a little confused whilst Rachel shot him a glare. Joel followed Benji to the back of the bus.
“what’s up?” Joel asked sitting next to Benji.
“I er seen Jenna yesterday and well she had a pretty nasty bruise on her cheek when I asked her what happened she said Rachel had hit her.” Benji said feeling awkward in ‘telling on' Joel’s girlfriend.
“are you sure?” Joel said as if finding it hard to believe.
“yes.” Benji insisted.
“are you sure Jenna not just saying that...” Joel started.
“No why would she.” Benji said a little pissed off Joel would even suggest it.
“ok well I’ll erm talk to her. I guess she’s just a bit upset for her causing you to break up with Mia.” Joel said.
“Joel do you actually think that. You know I’ve always loved Jenna there is no competition. Thing's have never been that good between me and Mia and you can’t deny that. It’s just that seeing Jenna again and me realising me and Mia aren't right for each other have over lapped.” Benji tried to explain again to Joel who was still very pro Mia. Yes he has always been friends with Jenna just as much as the other guys he just didn’t like the fact shed made Benji decide he wanted to give it a go with her over Mia.
“Benj I just don’t get why you suddenly want to throw away everything you’ve had with Mia for Jenna who you’ve had chances with before and neither of you have acted on them.” Joel said seeing things differently.
“now you know that's not quite right Joel. Me and Mia have never been that close our relationship its barely an acquaintance and yes on my part I am guilty for letting it go on for so long but you know the history me and Jenna have, I love Jenna more than anything and even though things are a little fucked up at the minute I am going to work on them I have to I can’t loose her again not now." Benji said.
“if your sure Benj.” Joel sighed. Then they got called to go across to the stage as they was playing today.
Sign up to rate and review this story