Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Boar and Rat

March to the Darkness

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Anna is alone in her thoughts as she and Tsuzuki walk towards the final battle. Tsuzuki gives her a much needed boost.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2019-08-14 - 303 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Eleven: March to the Darkness:

Anna kept her eyes down. Tsuzuki led her by the hand. Neither spoke. This had to end. The silence left Anna in her thoughts.

What happens after this? That question never really crossed her mind. Tsuzuki only asked it once. Would they let her live a peaceful life with her family? Before, she was alone. It was easier then. But within about two years, Anna got married and adopted a child. They were on the line now. She had to think about them now.

Anna stared at Tsuzuki's back. Tsuzuki. Tsuzuki Asato. He still stood by her. She wondered how he did it. Anna pressed her lips together.

This is crazy.

She poured her faith into him ever since they met again. He did his best to live up to it. What would their new "normal" look like after this?

"Are you okay?" Tsuzuki spoke up. Anna lifted her head.

"Hm?" she asked. He didn't turn around.

"We can't turn around anymore," he said. "But you do not have to keep it to yourself anymore. Speak up if you doubt. Do you understand?"

"Yes," Anna said. "And you?"

"Yeah," he said. "I'm going to be okay."

"Tsuzuki…" his wife said.

"I'm going to be okay," the shinigami said. "And so will you." Anna straightened up her resolve.

"I am okay," she said.

"You sure?" Tsuzuki asked. Anna tightened her grip around his hand.

"Oh, you know I am!" she said.

"We will be okay," Tsuzuki said.

"We will be okay," Anna said.

"We will be okay," he said back. His wife smiled to herself. She still had the future to worry about. Right now, they could have a future.

Anna suddenly took a sniff of the air. Wait… What was that smell?

Then it all turned black.
Sign up to rate and review this story