Categories > Cartoons > Invader Zim > To Be Real

Dress Code Will Get You Everytime

by DivinityCohen 1 review

Same as previous chapter...

Category: Invader Zim - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Humor, Sci-fi - Characters: Dib - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-09-21 - Updated: 2006-09-22 - 820 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I do not own Invader Zim or any other reference in here. Believe me, if I did it wouldn't have been as good.

Author's Note: Well I'm back baby. They kept me away for six days but I'm back, this time, knowing the rules. Okay, just a heads up, This chapter will feature my Original Character Jen in one of her biggest parts in a fan fic of mine. For background on her check my fic Invasion: Jen's Story. This one takes place after that one, but since I haven't finished that one than just go with it. Read on, no flames.

Chapter 2: Dress Code Will Get You Every Time

Dib walked back into the school for the beginning of junior year of high school. He glanced at the new seating chart and took his chair at the front of the room. He was dressed in his usual trench coat-boots look (some things never change) only now the look was accented with a nice pair of black leather gloves. There was something different about the boy now, he didn't even glare when he saw the alien in the back, it was more a look of disgust.

Zim chuckled to himself from the back of the class. It was something about the gloves that just made him laugh.

Jen came walking into class moments later. She looked at the chart and smiled before sitting next to Dib.

"Hey," she whispered. "I'm back."

"Obviously," he responded. There was a pause before the girl grabbed him in a hug. Zim glared from the back.

"Tighter grip than I remembered," she said, rubbing her now sore left arm. "And what's with the gloves?"

"Nothing..." he whispered as their teacher materialized behind the desk. Everyone grimaced at the sight of Miss Bitters, somehow she managed to move up a grade everytime they did.

"Everyone quiet down. It's time for daily dress code check. Stand up now." The class groaned and stood up. Bitters walked past each child, slowly analyzing each one.

"Zita, those pants have a tear forming, go to the office. Brian, your hair has more than one color, office." She towered over a nervous Jen (who had learned her dress code lesson two years prior) analyzing everything about her. "Take off your gloves." Jen complied and showed her hand that was almost identical to the glove. Bitters stared for a moment before moving on. "Dib..."

Zim nearly embarrassed himself from laughing. The glares from Dib and Bitters quickly stopped him. Dib sighed and pulled the glove from his left and then slowly pulled it from his right revealing a high-tech robotic arm. Jen stifled a gasp, the rest of the class wasn't as generous.

"Dib's a robot!"

"That explains the weird thing!"

"No it doesn't, robots are cool!

Dib's face turned a lovely shade of crimson as he sat back down. Jen looked from the arm back to where Zim seemed to be overly enjoying this. She glared in realization before turning back to the front.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You ripped his arm off!" Jen screamed at Zim. Zim was crouched over some horrible experiment, barely paying attention to the girl.
"Not on purpose," he covered with. "The elevator did it."

"No I didn't," the computer attempted to argue.

"Quiet!" The Irken hissed.

Jen's antennae perked up with another disturbing realization. "You said you spilled paint in their! I knew you weren't helping GIR with a project!"

"I can't believe you bought that," he said with a chuckle. "Zim truly is a master liar."

"How could I have not noticed," Jen whispered, pacing in a small circle. "What did you do to the arm?"

"It's back there," he motioned, suddenly his eagerness perked up. "Why? Blackmail?"

"We are not using his arm for blackmail!" Jen said exasperatedly. When she looked back Zim was equipped with hygienic gloves and was opening one of the disturbing water filled containers. "What are you doing now."

"I'm going to run some scans on the humans limb to look for possible weaknesses," he said, sounding very pleased with his plan.

"Besides the missing arm!"

"He'll thank me for that in the future, did you see that fancy bionic arm he has now?" Zim said, trying to, yet again, cover for his stupid mistake. Jen just rolled her eyes and leaned against the wall, wanting to take no part in this horrible experiment. Zim placed the arm in his computers scanners and stepped back. "ComPUTER! Scan this arm for any human weaknesses."

"Processing...processing..." A ding went off as if popcorn was being made. "Processing complete. Scans of arm shows unprocessable data. Not a human arm..."

Author's Rant: So there you go. My first chapter after suspension. I hope you all liked it at least a little, this one really meant a lot to me. Please review and please don't flame me. And do not fear, the arm will be explained...
Sign up to rate and review this story