Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Boar and Rat

The Back-Up

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Watari creates the final weapon for Tsuzuki and Anna to end their Haruka. And now he has to get to for before time runs out.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Hisoka,Tatsumi,Watari - Published: 2019-09-27 - 633 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Twenty-Eight: /The Back-Up:/

-Ju-Oh-Cho-

"I've got it!" Watari shouted. Hisoka looked up.

"Is it done?" he asked.

"Uh-huh," the blonde scientist said. "Come look." Hisoka walked over to the big black table in the middle of the room.

"Behold," Watari said. Hisoka looked down. The weapon looked practical in design. Two long metal poles were held together with thin threads. Hisoka reached forward to touch one of the threads.

"Don't!" Watari said. "It's highly sensitive. Took me days to make the threads that thin. Took hours to thread them through the little holes." Hisoka tilted his head.

"Okay, but what is it?" he asked. Watari cleared his throat.

"Delighted y that you asked," he said. "This little baby is called the Kitsune Killer!" He paused for effect. Hisoka blinked.

"Okay… What exactly does it do?" he asked. The blonde scientist grinned wide.

"This will destroy. Aki with one touch," he said. "This took months of research."

"Will this hurt the Mother?" Hisoka asked.

"Nope," Watari said. "Tsuzuki will be with Anna-san when they use it." The younger shinigami stared at him.

"You didn't test this out, did you?" he asked.

"There is no time," the older shinigami said.

"What?" Hisoka asked. At first, the blonde scientist didn't know what to say. Actually, he did know but how to put it. Hisoka trembled as he stared at him.

"How bad is it?" he asked. Watari pressed his lips together.

"I can't feel them anymore," he said. Hisoka paused. He moved his hand to his chest.

"You're right," he said. "Do you think…?"

"We don't know that yet," Watari was quick to say. "They could just be taking their time with getting there." His words didn't sound so convincing.

"How are we going to get this to them?" Hisoka asked. Watari pushed up his glasses.

"You go out to the party," he said. The younger shinigami gave him an odd look.

"But…" he said. Watari gave him a little smile.

"Just go to the party," he said. "I will take it from here." The blonde scientist winked. Hisoka blinked at first.

"Okay…" he said. "I guess I'm off then."

"Have a good night," Watari said.

"You too," the younger shinigami said. Hisoka packed up his things and walked out of the lab. Watari gave him a little wave. Once the door closed, he could get to work on the next part.

But first…

Watari pulled out his phone. He wrote a quick text to Hisoka and hit send. That was done. Next, Watari dialed up another number.

"Hello?" Tatsumi asked on the other line.

"Ah, Tatsumi," Watari said. "Are you still here?"

"Yeah… why?" the other shinigami asked. The blonde scientist perked up.

"Great!" he said. "I'm going to need your help with a little something."

"What?" Tatsumi asked.

"Come down and see," Watari said.

Hisoka appeared at Hotaru's door. Should he be doing this? Tsuzuki and Anna needed him. This didn't feel right. But Watari insisted that he be here.

The shinigami looked up when he heard the door open. Hotaru's eyes lit up.

"Hisoka-kun!" she said. "You made it!"

"Yeah," he muttered. Suddenly, his phone buzzed.

"Excuse me," the shinigami said. Hisoka pulled out his phone. A message from Watari.

"Hm?" Hisoka asked. He tapped the screen and opened the message.

Don't worry, bon. We will take care of Tsuzuki and Anna. We will let you know when we get them back. You just enjoy your night off.

"Everything okay?" Hotaru asked. Hisoka lifted his head. The loli demon eyed him. The shinigami looked up, smiling.

"Yes," he said. Hotaru didn't ask questions as she stepped aside.

"Come inside," she said, smiling. "The party is still going!"

"Thank you," Hisoka said. He bowed and walked inside. Hotaru closed the door behind him.
Sign up to rate and review this story