Categories > Anime/Manga > One Piece > Where You Belong

Reruns and Rescues

by I-Dont-Like-I-Obsess 0 reviews

Lexi returns home to realize three pirates are missing, and must go out to search for them.

Category: One Piece - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Published: 2019-10-14 - 1597 words - Complete

0Unrated
"I blame you for this." She said to Law. Lexi deadpanned at the hastily-written note on the kitchen counter. She clenched her fist tightly, crumpling the sides of the paper in anger and exasperation. "Why can't they just stay put and wait like sensible people?" She lamented aloud.

Law shrugged, but still looked a little annoyed himself. "They have a habit of wandering off by themselves."

"Just great…" She muttered. "They could be anywhere. The countryside is pretty big so they could have wandered literally anywhere."

"Is there a way to track them?" He suggested, but she shook her head.

"The best we could really do is drive around in the truck and search, but we would be confined to only the roads. And there are too many roads to really search properly. We have no idea which way they went anyways." Lexi took off her coat and boots and lazily plopped them onto the floor. She was too tired at that moment to scale the stairs. She would pick them up later.

"Are they fine on their own?" She questioned, and he nodded.

"Usually their antics are fairly harmless, and they will most likely find their way home." Nodding, Lexi wandered over and flopped onto the couch, sighing loudly in exhaustion.

"You guys are gonna kill me one of these days." She moaned, reaching for the tv remote. Nana had gone to bed, being rather tired herself, and so Lexi could watch the shows that she liked most. Family Feud was fun sometimes, but it got really boring after awhile.

She flipped through channels until she landed on a rerun of Bones. Tossing the remote back onto the table, she settled into the cushions.

"What is this?" Law asked with interest. Lexi gave him a small glance before turning her attention back to the screen.

"It's a show about solving murders. You know, like a romantic, mystery drama?" He seemed confused. "You don't have dramas in your world do you?"

"No."

"Figures." She fixed her attention on the rotting corpse on the examination table as the Jeffersonian crime-solvers figured out the victim's identity.

The two watched in silence for ten minutes of so and out of pure curiosity, Lexi glanced over at an oblivious Law, who watched the show in actual fascination. That's right, he was a doctor. He probably thought this stuff was really cool after all.

"You don't know how to get back to the house, do you?" Penguin asked his friend, who was scratching his head nervously at the large green sign beside the road. The rain came down on them steadily, but none of the pirates seemed to mind much.

"What town did Lexi-chan say she lived in?" Penguin sighed, crossing his arms.

"She never did. Face it. We're lost." The engineers sighed as they slumped over in defeat.

Bepo watched with confusion. Why were they being so nervous about finding their way home? Bepo could still smell the faint traces of the house in the direction they'd come, he was confident that he could lead them back home without trouble.

"Guys-" He tried to tell them, but something caught their attention in front of them.

"What is that?" Shachi asked, running with his friend to the strange looking building on the other side of the road. There were several cars parked in front of it, and people were walking in and out of the building.

"I wanna see!" Penguin said, but the two stopped suddenly. "Lexi-chan said before that talking polar bears weren't normal in her world. People might start to freak out if they see you, Bepo."

The bear hung his head. "I'm sorry."

"Stop being so sensitive!" Shachi cried, which only made it worse.

"I'm sorry."

"Maybe this was a bad idea to go exploring without Lexi-chan knowing…" Penguin pondered, rubbing his chin as rain gently soaked them through. Shachi sighed with a slouch, and he nodded.

"It is getting kind late, and," The engineer's stomach grumbled loudly, "I'm getting really hungry…"

"Yeah, me too." Bepo said, sniffing the air for the direction of the house. Unfortunately, the constant rain had washed away most of the scents in the air, including Lexi's house, and Bepo was no longer confident in finding his way back so easily. They'd spent too much time being soaked in the rain.

"Well, how do we find our way back?" Shachi asked, scratching his chin. Penguin held up a finger, his mouth forming a small 'O.'

"What if we call Lexi-chan on her phone? She said you can talk to people if you have their right number code, right? So all we gotta do is figure it out!"

"Awesome, but don't you need a phone to call her with too?"

"Hmm…you're right. But I bet you we can ask someone else to use theirs. I bet you that building has one. Or maybe someone inside."

"Bepo, you wait here and when Lexi-chan comes to pick us up, we'll come get you." The bear nodded and settled under a tree nearby, meanwhile, the two engineers walked over to the building across the way.

"They've been gone awhile." Lexi wondered aloud, finishing up the third episode of Bones in a row. Law was rather interested, and had asked Lexi several questions of her world's advanced medical techniques and procedures. She hadn't been able to answer all of them by heart, which served as a good review for her anatomy class, but what she didn't know, she could look up on her phone. She silently thanked Google for being there always.

"I'm sure they'll find their way back." Law said, and his sentence was punctuated by Lexi's phone vibrating in her hand. She jumped, not expecting her phone to be going off, and looked at the caller ID.

It showed an unrecognized number, as well as a small town a few miles away. Frowning, she swiped the screen and held up the phone to her ear.

"Hello?"

"This is Lexi-chan, right? Hello? Can you hear me? How does this thing work again?" She could hear the two idiots bickering on the other end of the line.

"Shachi? Penguin? Where in the hell are you guys? You've been gone for hours!" She stood, and at the mention of his crew mate's names, Law diverted his attention back onto the brunette.

"We're at a, what is it called again, oh yeah! A gas station! The one in…Harrisville! The guy in the building let us use a phone, and he said we could look up your phone in the phonebook or something, so we looked up your name and-"

She shook her head, trying to keep up with his explanation. "Yes, I know how a phonebook works, Shachi. You're at the gas station in Harrisville? The one on the highway? And where is Bepo? No one say him, did they?"

"Bepo's fine! He's gonna wait for you to get here and then we'll go and get him. Is this gas station on the highway?" She heard them ask. "Yeah, the guy says we're five minutes south of the main street on the main highway."

"Alright, stay there, I'll come get you." At Law's bland look she rolled her eyes. "/We'll/ come get you. Just stay put and /don't. Touch. Anything."/ She warned, hanging up the phone.

"Your idiot crew mates have wandered to a small town a couple miles away. Law sighed and stood as well.

"I suppose we'd better go get them then." He surmised, placing his spotted hat on his head after checking to make sure it was dry.

"Let's go. And you can even sit inside the truck this time." She said with a smile. He raised a brow and said nothing.

Lexi and Law pushed through the door to the gas station, and instantly spotted the two sitting at a table in the corner. They were playing cards. Law went to his mates but Lexi first stopped at the cashier's counter.

The man in charge of the register looked rather annoyed, eyeing the two cautiously every time they shouted or made strange noises, and she was sure he had good reason to. She couldn't even imagine what they'd been like before finding a way to get her phone number.

"Thanks, and I'm so sorry for all the trouble. I'll try to keep them out of the way for awhile." The man shrugged.

"No harm done, but my suggestion? Get their heads checked." He pointed to the side of his head and spun his finger, in a sign for crazy, and she grinned a little. Moving off to the others, she sighed and placed her hands on her hips.

"And just what did you hope to accomplish with this whole outing?" She demanded. They looked a little sheepish.

"Well, you see-"

"You know how we're pirates…? And pirates go on adventures?" Shachi finished, looking up with pleading eyes. Lexi was unaffected.

"That's it. You're grounded for a few days." She concluded, crossing her arms. They looked up in frustration.

"But Lexi-chan-"

"No buts. Now get to the truck. We're going back to the house."

They slumped over and headed towards the door. Law and Lexi followed, the brunette in a much more annoyed mood than before. Law smirked as he passed by.

"Is your patience running thin?" He asked cheekily, before wandering off back to the truck. She grumbled to herself, gripping the keys tightly and trying to think happy thoughts. She was so very tired of not know what to do half the time.
Sign up to rate and review this story