Categories > Anime/Manga > One Piece > Where You Belong

Sorry To Cut Things Short

by I-Dont-Like-I-Obsess 0 reviews

Lexi and Law continue to bond, and she finds herself plagued with pleasant dreams of him.

Category: One Piece - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2019-10-14 - 2314 words - Complete

0Unrated
Law lay awake in the guest bedroom, staring up at the ceiling. As usual, his insomnia had left him exhausted but unable to fall asleep even in the warm and comfy bedspread. Penguin and Shachi's snoring weren't helping either, but at least the volume was at a tolerable level that night.

His eyes followed the random, textured pattern of the white ceiling, seeing indistinguishable shapes and strange ridges all over. The emptiness of the house, along with the unbearable silence, permeated only by his engineers, left the pirate to dwell on only his thoughts. And that night in particular, his mind was at greater unrest.

It bothered him how much he was hesitant to return to his world, where everything he knew and needed to do were waiting for him. His crew was there, along with that unfulfilled promise, and the lure of unfathomable riches on Raftel. His name was feared, he had power unimaginable in this world…

Why was he so reluctant?

Angrily, he sighed, closing his eyes slowly to the fact that he himself didn't want to admit to the answer. It was that Lexi, and her intriguing story. Nothing and everything about her made sense. How had she dealt with these tragedies from her past and present with such determination and pride? Where did her motivation come from? In a world as seemingly boring as hers, what was there to look forward to?

At the same time he understood why she was so cautious. She'd never encountered death up close, day in and day out, as he had. She'd never been faced with the difficult choices only those who had lived through torture and pain and anguish could know, as he had. The illusion of safety and ease of life was certainly a pull. But her interest in his world was all too real. It was as if she envied the life he paved for himself and his crew, and he could understand the thrill of adventure of the rush of excitement as well.

Yet, he thought that when he went back to his world, he'd feel like something was missing. He'd miss seeing the easily-annoyed brunette bark at his engineers to clean up their mess or show him something he'd never seen before.

He would miss Lexi, as irritating as that thought may be. It was the truth, one he wanted to deny.

Though, she seemed to have promise as a medical professional. She was quick to learn, and easy to teach. Her willingness to see things a different way and her attention to detail were all vital in a medic. Perhaps…

When they found the way home, he'd have to convince her to join them. How he was going to accomplish that was the only unknown. But, Law was confident in his ability to persuade, even manipulate when need be. He would find a way to convince Lexi to go with him, he was sure of that.

"Law…" She muttered, running her hand gently up his uncovered back. The hot breath at her neck was paralyzing, making her eyelids flutter closed as his mouth slowly made its way lower, and lower still, until his lips grazed the fabric of her bra, sending a thrill up her spine and straight into her nipples. Then, as if knowing what it was she wanted, he chuckled and brought his face back up to her, staring with half-lidded eyes into hers.

"Tell me what you want." He whispered, once again covering her mouth in a gentle kiss. Lexi couldn't hold back the strangled moan as she was barred the sensations she so desperately craved through her body, and she squirmed under him in the jostled bed covers, the heat of her exposed skin making a sheen of sweat all over her body, in an attempt to convince him to continue. Talking such dirty things was embarrassing.

"Please, just do it." She whined, leaning forwards to kiss him again. To her dismay, he pushed himself up off of her just enough so she couldn't reach, and he smirked down at her pout.

"Patience, Lexi-ya…" His amused expression wasn't doing her any good, and so she decided to take matters into her own hands, lifting her hips upwards into his crotch, earning her a fraction of the pleasure she'd been wanting, and eliciting a groan from the tattooed pirate. His hands clenched the sheets, and his eyes snapped shut at her warmth rubbing against the fabric of his pants.

"How long are you gonna make me wait?" She breathed out, sending all the lust she was feeling through her gaze alone, and he seemed to receive it, because with a wolfish grin, indicating to her that she'd just awakened some sort of instinct within the dangerous man above her, he grabbed the front of her bra and ripped the material right off of her chest, capturing her lips in another heated-

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.

Lexi's eyes flew open, her heart racing a million miles a minute, searching frantically around her for whatever it was making the awful noise. Then, as the few seconds went by after coming aware of her surroundings, she reached over and turned off her alarm on her nightstand, sighing as she slumped back into the messed-up covers.

"God dammit…" She murmured to herself, rubbing her hands over her face as her dream began to take form in her mind.

That was the second night in a row she'd been plagued by such…naughty dreams. The nightmares had began to subside a little, but in their place were either nights of being unable to sleep at all, or reenactments of her subconscious fantasies…or whatever they were. In contrast to her nightmares of cold hands touching her body, Law's hands all over her felt…welcome, and wanted. Which she couldn't really comprehend.

Apparently, her subconscious /really/ wanted to have a half-naked pirate captain hovering about her, planting kisses down her neck, whispering dark and dirty things in her ears-

"Stop." She said aloud, feeling the heat on her face as the blush spread against her skin. God, it wasn't like she hadn't had sexual dreams before. Actually, something like that was pretty normal every once in awhile. But the frequency at which they were happening, and because it was always about /him/, at that, was slightly disturbing and creepy.

There was a soft knock on the wood of her door. "Lexi?" Bepo's voice called from the hall.

"What is it?" She answered back, covering her eyes with her arm as she tried getting rid of her blush. It wouldn't do to have Law come in and see her all hot and heavy, especially after she'd just envisioned him doing such things…

"Penguin and Shachi offered to make breakfast. It'll be done in a few minutes. I just wanted to let you know." The bear said, and Lexi's mood instantly shifted.

"I'll be down in a sec." She said, instantly swinging her legs over the side of the bed and going to her drawers. If the state of the kitchen was as bad as last time when she went downstairs, there'd be hell to pay for already ruining the start of her day.

The Next Day

Monday. A day she'd always hated, but now so more than ever. Even as she showered and got ready for the day, that queasy feeling wouldn't go away.

It was the day she'd told herself she needed to go back to the university, back to classes, and back into the place where there was a possibility of bumping into Cooper. The thought filled her with such dread.

Brittany had called with a concerned tone in her voice before she was on her way out.

/"//Lex? Are you sure you want to go back so soon? Maybe you could take a few more days off."/ She tried convincing her. But the brunette only shook her head, grabbing her keys from her purse and heading towards her bedroom door.

"I can't just sit at home and let my studies pile up. I'll fall so behind and fail classes. I have to go, even if I don't want to."

And that was the end of that. Brittany recognized that stubborn tone in Lexi's voice, knowing that she was set in her decision, good or bad, and there was no changing her mind. Her friend sighed over the line.

" /Alright, if you say so."/

Lexi pretended that the day was just like any normal one. Or at least she tried to. Those knots in her stomach still wouldn't go away, even as she walked into the medical anatomy hall to pick a seat.

Every deep voice she heard, she glanced around like Cooper was standing right beside her, ready to pounce with his hands out towards her. But that was ridiculous. No such thing was ever going to happen, and she forced herself to focus on her notes. Thankfully, before too long the professor shuffled in and everyone quieted down. Learning was something Lexi was good at, and so she was able to calm down a bit as his boring drone filled her ears.

Brittany arrived late to class, sitting beside her friend as she plopped in the seat and opened her textbook.

"I told the dean what happened." The black-haired beauty muttered, staring at the board and writing down the words. Immediately, Lexi's head snapped up.

/"//What?"/ She quipped as quietly as she could. It wouldn't do to draw attention to herself. "Brittany-" She started, but Brittany only grinned.

"I told her that Cooper threw a party that was against the rules. Turns out you can't have alcohol in a frat house that close to the campus. And there's no way I'm letting him getting away with doing that to you."

"I wish you would have asked me first." The brunette sighed, and Brittany gave her a pointed look.

"For what? You want justice. I want justice. This is the best way to do it, since I know you don't want the cops involved or anything. Besides, you can't keep stalking around the campus like there's someone following you everywhere. You won't be able to focus on anything that way."

As much as Lexi didn't like the whole situation going on, she had to admit Brittany was right. She hoped some kind of punishment came from all of this, maybe it would help her unending paranoia.

"The dean's still gotta start an investigation into it, but I'm sure it won't take more than a few weeks or so." Brittany reassured, returning her focus to the front board.

It turns out, the dean only needed a few days to determine that Brittany's claim of sexual assault against her friend was true. After getting a few eye-witness accounts from the party, she called Cooper into the administration office and promptly expelled him from the university. Lexi only learned about it from passing gossip between the sports students, on her way to get lunch the next week.

The incident even appeared in the local newspaper, though thankfully they hadn't released her name to the media. Lexi was glad that Brittany had enough sense to ask the dean to withhold that information from anyone, knowing how much it would hurt the brunette to see her name plastered all over the news.

It felt really good to have the justice she deserved, and this huge weight felt like it had been lifted from her shoulder. Lexi didn't have to worry about him coming after her again. The knots didn't come around as often as before, and Lexi was able to start to catch up with the assignments she'd missed in her absence. All in all, the two weeks after the party had occurred were looking up for her.

Things were getting better, finally.

A Basement Somewhere

If it hadn't been for his connections at the university, he never would have known that it was her that fucking football player had sexually assaulted. Seeing the article in the newspaper, he seethed.

"Argh!" He yelled, crumbling up the paper and throwing at the wall, watching as it bounced harmlessly against the concrete and fell to the floor. The brunette, chained to the wooden chair in the middle of the room, whimpered at his unexpected outburst of anger. Ignoring her, he stomped over to the dvd player set up on the table and turned off the music,

"It's all wrong!" He screamed, grabbing the first available thing at hand, a glass angel figurine of his mother's, and chucked that at the wall as well, watching in morbid satisfaction as it shattered into a thousand pieces against the wall with a clash. The girl shrieked again, and this time he set his attention on her.

Walking around until he was directly in front of her, he pulled out and held up the sharp knife in his hand, making sure she saw it. Her crying and whimpering, and muffled pleas to let her go, only made him laugh.

"Looks like I'm gonna have to cut our time together short." He said simply, raising the knife above his head without emotion and bringing it down into her torso.

She struggled and screamed the first few times he stabbed her, but she quickly grew still as the slick red blood oozed to the ground. The metallic scent filled the air, warming the space around him. Stabbing a couple more times, just to feel the satisfaction, he stood and wiped the bloody knife onto his pants.

Staring down at her body, he went to grab the keys for the shackles on the table, unlocking her from the chair. Her body slumped onto the floor, and he grabbed a black plastic trash bag and his duct tape.

Then, as an afterthought, he picked up the crumpled newspaper on the way out the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story