Categories > Games > Zelda > The Book of Ravio

The Book of Ravio: After

by ExodusScott 0 reviews

After leaving Charlotte at Freak-Show Tower, he must find his way to Misery Mire.

Category: Zelda - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2019-10-28 - 1327 words

0Unrated
We kept running, but we couldn't keep running forever. "Got the girl!" I felt her hand leave my palm. I quickly spun around. I drew my blade. "Let. Her. Go." They was twenty of them, all in a circle around me. "And if we don't?" They closed in. I did a quick prayer to Hylia, and the sword glowed. "Last chance, let her go. Now." They all laughed. I charged and they kicked me down. "Hylia... Deliver me!! Deliver me to victory!"



"You're doing good Ravio!" I looked to Link. "Really!? I've never done this before!" I swung the sword, cutting some bushes. "But... I think I am better with my items." Link patted me on the shoulder. "Let's fix that." He took the sword and taught me moves, that I never remembered...

Until

Now



I shot up and beheaded the man who kicked me down and prepared myself for the others. Two men charged, I grabbed one and used him as a shield. The other guy sliced through his friend. I did a spin attack and killed five other men. "Who is this guy?" I stabbed the man that asked that question. Link had taught me well, I finished off the others, blood soaking my blade.



I huffed and puffed and cleaned off my blade. "Y-You... You-" I cut her off. "Saved your life. Come on, we are going to Freak-Show Tower." I sheathed my sword. "But... You... Yes, ok." I wonder what she was going to say. "Let's go."

>Charlotte<



We walked a long way to Freak-Show Tower, but we made it. "So, who is your friend who lives here?" He sighed. "Just someone, ok? You used to know him." I perked up, who could it be? We walked up to the door and Ravio bashed on it. "Hey! You got my bird!?" The door opened a crack, then closed. "Ravio? I thought you were leaving Sheerow here." Ravio pushed pass the man inside and I followed him inside. "Who's she?" Ravio lifted his hood off. "Charlotte." The other boy perked up and let me in. "Charlotte! It's good to see you!" He hugged me. "I'm sorry. I don't know you." He frowned. "You don't remember your own uncle? Wow." Wait. "Uncle Youja!?" He smiled and I hugged him back. "Where is he!? WHERE IS MY BIRD!?!" Ravio grabbed Youja by the throat. "Wait! What are you doing!?" I tried to grab his arm, but he threw me off. "He said he would take care of my bird! Well, Sheerow isn't there anymore!" Youja choked. "O-Ok! Chill! He is fine!" Ravio dropped him. "Ok, where is he then?" Youja gasped. "He is out for a fly, he will be back in a while." Ravio snatched a map from a barrel. "I'm taking your map of beyond Lorule." We all heard a cheep and a little white bird flew through the window. "Sheerow!" Ravio held the little bird to his cheek. Something is wrong with him, he's crazy one minute passive the other. "Why don't you stay here for the night?" I nodded, as Ravio shook his head. "I'd rather sleep outside." He walked out the door, without another word...



Ravio



I hiked about a mile from Freak-Show Tower. "I'm sorry Sheerow, I am not letting you stay with that man anymore." I quickly started a fire and pulled out the Holy Historia. "Time to relax."



[1] And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar.
[2] And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah.
[3] But Hylia came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man's wife.
[4] But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Hylia, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?
[5] Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.
[6] And Hylia said unto him in a dream, Yes, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.
[7] Now, therefore, restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.
[8] Therefore Abimelech rose early in the morning, and called all his servants, and told all these things in their ears: and the men were sore afraid.
[9] Then Abimelech called Abraham, and said unto him, What hast thou done unto us? and what have I offended thee, that thou hast brought on me and on my kingdom a great sin? thou hast done deeds unto me that ought not to be done.
[10] And Abimelech said unto Abraham, What sawest thou, that thou hast done this thing?
[11] And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place, and they will slay me for my wife's sake.
[12] And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; she became my wife.
[13] And it came to pass when Hylia caused me to wander from my father's house, that I said unto her, This is thy kindness which thou shalt shew unto me; at every place whither we shall come, say of me, He is my brother.
[14] And Abimelech took sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and womenservants, and gave them unto Abraham, and restored him Sarah his wife.
[15] And Abimelech said, Behold, my land is before thee: dwell where it pleaseth thee.
[16] And unto Sarah he said, Behold, I have given thy brother a thousand pieces of silver: behold, he is to thee a covering of the eyes, unto all that are with thee, and with all other: thus she was reproved.
[17] So Abraham prayed unto Hylia: and Hylia healed Abimelech, and his wife, and his maidservants; and they bare children.
[18] For the Goddess had fast closed up all the wombs of the house of Abimelech, because of Sarah, Abraham's wife.



I heard a twig snap. "Who's there?" I drew my sword and pointed it toward the noise. Nothing, nothing but the wind howling. "Hello?" I slowly stalked toward the noise. "Charlotte?-" A monster jumped out and cut my arm. "AUGH!" I stumbled back and into the bushes. I looked at the gash, it kept getting bigger. "What the fuck!?" It spread up my arm, I knew what I had to do. "This isn't real. Just think of it as a hijacker arm." I sliced downward, bringing the whole arm off.



"That dream again." I petted Sheerow on the head. "What does it mean?" Sheerow chirped. "I guess it could mean that. But... I don't think so." I grabbed my bag and looked at Freak-Show Tower. "Ok, let's go." I ran down a hill, not looking back. Sheerow chirped and cheeped. "What? She'll only slow me down." I kept running. Sheerow pecked my ear. "OW! Don't do that!" He pulled on my hood. "Ok, Sheerow. You know what? Go to Charlotte if you want, but I am leaving. I mean, come on! We are so close! We can finally get back to Hyrule!" Sheerow came back onto my shoulder. "That's what I thought."



Heat. Blazing heat. Sheerow flapped his wings in my face to cool me off, but it wasn't working. "It's ok, we are almost to Misery Mire." Not really, we still have hours, maybe even days, I am too thirsty to think right. I dropped my bag and started to make camp.

"We are almost there Sheerow! Just another day's travel."
Sign up to rate and review this story