Categories > Anime/Manga > .hack//Sign > Why I hate you ( Karma x Reader )

Chapter 5

by dleroux252525 0 reviews

No summary

Category: .hack//Sign - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2019-11-24 - 1744 words

0Unrated
After an hour or so, I started to walk back to class, but there was one problem, I didn't know the way back! As I was walking, I looked around everywhere except for right in front of me, trying to spot anything that looked familiar.
That was a bad idea.
Me being the klutz I am, I tripped over a big root. When I made impact with the ground, I winced in pain but did the smart thing for once and rolled to break the fall.
It was all fine...until I rolled off a cliff. After that, everything went in slow motion.
I tried to scream, but my breath hitched in my throat, and I just watch as my H/C flies around my face.
I reach my hands out, hoping to grab something, anything. Luckily, I happened to catch a small branch about the size of my arm. I kept both hands on the root while I put my feet on parts of the cliff, trying my hardest to put as little weight on the branch as possible.
"HELP, HELP ME!!! SOMEONE PLEASEE!!!"

Karma POV
"Y/N! Y/N! COME ON, WHERE ARE YOU!!," yelled Nagisa in a worried tone. After Y/N stormed off after her little fight with Mr.Karasuma, the whole class decided to split up into 7 groups of 4.
In my group was Yukiko Kanaki, Kaede Kayano, Nagisa Shota and me of course.
We've been looking for over an hour now. We were all starting to get really worried, even me. Though, of course, I didn't let anyone else know that. After we kept looking for another 10 minutes, I started to think that she really ran away.
That is until I heard something. Something that is never a good thing to hear when you're looking for someone alone in the woods.
A scream.
"HELP, HELP ME!!! SOMEONE PLEASEE!!!".
My head snapped in the direction of the scream. Y/N. Before I knew it, I was running, leaving everyone else in my group behind. I don't know what came over me, but I couldn't stop my legs, not that I wanted to.
As I was running towards the scream, I came to realize that the direction I was running in looked familiar. Oh shit. This is the place where I jumped off that cliff, in my attempt to kill Koro-Sensei.
When the edge of the cliff was in my view, I looked around frantically, looking for Y/N. When she was nowhere to be seen, I quickly ran over to the edge of the cliff. And there to my left, I saw Y/N holding on to a tiny branch that looked like it could snap at any second.
"Y/N?"
Y/N POV
" Y/N?" I looked to my left at the sound of my name. And there at the top of the cliff stood Karma, Panting. "Y/N!! Stay there and don't move," he explained while running closer towards me. I rolled my eyes at his stupid choice of words.' WELL, OF COURSE, I'M NOT GOING TO MOVE. DOES IT REALLY LOOK LIKE I HAVE A CHOICE? Idiot,' I thought to myself.
When he was right above me, he stuck his arm out towards me. "Here, give me your hands, and I'll pull you up."
I very slowly started to raise my left hand towards his, while keeping my dominant right hand on the branch for balance.
Then I heard a crack.
I quickly moved my arm back to the branch. With my eyes closed, I was silently praying that the branch wouldn't break.
Once I was steady again, I started raising my hand once more. But with every tiny move, I made the branch would start to crack even more.
I let go of the tears I didn't even know I was holding in, while the branch continued to break. "I'm gonna die!!" I said between my sobs. "NO! Y/N, snap out of it. You're not going to die. I won't let you!" Karma yelled.
My tears immediately stopped when I heard him say those words. My eyes widened in shock, but I still managed to slowly nod my head.
He grabbed my left hand and gripped it with all his might, hoping to not let me fall. I winced from the pain.
I quickly but carefully moved my right hand to a rock that's about a foot above the branch. I swung my head left and right, trying to find a better spot to put feet.
With no other option, I moved my right foot on the branch I had previously been clinging to. All I had to do was push up with my foot, and I would be safe, but as soon as I started doing so, the branch made a loud crack noise.
I immediately stopped, and tears started to slide down my face once again. "I can't do it, I can't do it," I cried.
I looked up at him. His beautiful golden eyes were filled with worry and frustration. "Damn it, Y/N. Yes, you can, you just have to try harder". I gave him a sarcastic look.
"Easy for you to say. You're not the one dangling FROM A FUCKING CLIFF," I yelled a little annoyed. I decided to try again, realizing that this was my only option if I wanted to live. I pushed up with my right leg once again, only this time not stopping when I heard the branch crack. I did it!
Nope, never mind, I didn't do it.
Just I was about to grab Karma's hand. The branch snapped. SNAP!
I started falling to my doom. This is it. This is where I'm going to die. I wanted to scream, but all that came out was a tiny squeak and more tears.
Suddenly I felt a tight and firm yet gentle grip. I spring my head straight up, probably giving myself whiplash, to see Karma half hanging off the side of the cliff.
"I need you to push up from the rocks on the cliff with your feet," he said encouragingly.
I did as I was told and follow his instructions. Once I was close enough to him, he slid back up the cliff a bit, to make sure that he didn't fall off the cliff as well.
He nodded his head, signalling for me to keep climbing.
After one more big step up, I was Farley close to the edge.
Karma slid his arms up my own, under my armpits and around my back as if we were in a hugging position.
I put my arms around his neck, clinging to it. Once both he and I had a good grip on each other, he pulled me up, slowly but surely.
I was almost safe.
As we reached the top, he pulled with all his might. Yes, he did pull me up, but with all the force he was using, he stumbled backwards, falling down and taking me down with him.
My face landed in his shirt. I was still crying, and I was making his shirt more drenched by the second, but he didn't seem to care. Instead, he placed his hand on my head and started patting me in a comforting way.
After minutes of just lying on Karma, balling my eyes out, I finally decided to look at him. It turns out that he had been starring at me for a while. Then he smiled at me, not like an evil smirk but actually a genuine smile.
My heart skipped a beat. 'Who knew Karma Akabane's real smile would be......cute,' I thought to myself.
But then he had to ruin the moment...by talking.
"You just had to go and run off a cliff, didn't you," were his first words to me. "I tripped." His smile was replaced by that smirk I was talking about earlier. "Sureee. Just because you want to hide your stupidity doesn't change that fact that you are stupid," he teased.
"EXCUSE ME!! I AM NOT STUPID!!" And with that, I huffed and started getting up, punching Karma's chest in the process. I never realized it while I was lying down but, when I hit karma's chest I realized.........damn those abs.
As I turn around trying to hide my blush, I see Nagisa, Yukiko and my best friend Kaede running towards me and out of the woods. Wow, talk about timing. They couldn't have been here 10 minutes ago when I was about to fall to my demise!
"Y/N!!!" Kaede and Yukiko cried. I rolled my eyes at their childish behaviour, but inside I was relieved that they cared so much.
"Guys, I'm fine. There's no need to cry," I say, trying to reassure them. "Oh yeah, well then explain the screaming?!" Yukiko yelled with a know it all look on her face.
I was about to answer the question with a simple answer, but of course, Karma had different plans. "This idiot here r-," I covered his mouth with my hand, hoping that he would keep trying to speak.
"I got startled by some forest animals. I know stupid, right?" I said while smiling, trying my hardest to forget my near-death experience. I could see Karma giving me a weird look out of the corner of my eye.
"Oh Y/N, that's not stupid. Now come on, lets head back. Everyones sooo worried about you," Kaede said with a hopeless look on her face. She spun around on her heel and started walking in the opposite direction.
Suddenly I realized that my hand was still on Karma's mouth. I slowly lifted it up, letting him speak.
He kept giving me that weird look, only now his face also showed curiosity.
"Why didn't you tell them the truth?" he asked. An idea popped in his head. I could tell by the way his face lit up.
"Is it because you were worried they would think less of you. I mean, you were stupid enough to run off a cliff," he said in a baby tone.
'NOT THIS AGAIN!!!' I whined in my head.
Huff
"No. Its because I didn't want them to worry any more than they already were," I stated plainly. I turned around and started walking in the same direction the others were headed.
"Yeah...Sure. Idiot," I heard Karma whisper behind me. Ughhhhhh.
Karma Akabane.
I!HATE!YOU!
Sign up to rate and review this story