Categories > Original > Romance > Formula One Scenarios

Seattle Scenario

by Phantomizer77 0 reviews

Daniel gives Alaine a hard time after staying out too late.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2019-12-09 - 1797 words

0Unrated
Daniel paced around the living room, his anxiety was through the roof waiting for the return of the little F1 driver.



“Calm down mate, I’m sure she’s on her way home” Lewis commented, watching his mate continue to fidget.



“It’s been hours, she left at 9 this morning, it’s now 2 am and she’s still not home. She didn’t even bother to text us or anything!” Daniel replied.



“Daniel she’s fine, Alaine know Seattle like the back of her hand. It’s her childhood afterall,” the Monégasque said also trying to quell the worries of the Renault driver.



“But not a single text or call? Did she think we wouldn’t worry?”



“Uh, Daniel. I think you’re the only one worried out of all of us” Lando commented knowing whether or not he’d receive backlash from him. “She’s 21 years old mate.”



“I know, you don’t need to tell me that” Daniel responded sharply.



The mechanical sound of the door knob’s gears cranked as it rotated clockwise, alerting the four men who were up waiting in the living room. The door opened, pushing along the track of the door frame created a scraping sound. Alaine stepped in, unzipping her raincoat hanging it up in the small closet a few feet from the door, slipping her shoes off and placed them onto the shoe rack that hid inside. She heard heavy footsteps approaching her, much to her surprise she thought that all of them would be asleep by now. Even though drivers had a few weeks to recover and rest, sticking to a schedule was key to success for conditioning the body.



“Where have you been?!” A voice snapped at her, drawing her attention from the ajared closet to the figure behind her.



“Oh! Danny I thought you’d be asleep by now, did I wake you?” She replied back ignoring his question.



“Answer me Alaine, do you know how late it is?!” His voice grumbled, more frustrated by the second.



The other three drivers [Charles, Lando and Lewis] watched in dread from around the corner of the living room that connected to the foyer. The Ferrari and the Renault driver began to face off.



“Why are you yelling at me?!”



“It’s 2 am! Where the hell have you been?!”



“I already told you, I would be out celebrating with my best friend who graduated from beauty college today!”



“A commencement ceremony doesn’t take 17 fucking hours!”

“What does it matter to you? I haven’t seen her in months! I see you almost every fucking day, does it really matter how long I stay and spend time with her?!”



Her eyebrows were scrunched together, tears welled up in the corner of her eyes as she watched her friend’s raging expression.



“You don’t understand, we didn’t know what happened to you! You could have been in an accident, lost, or hurt?! Do you ever stop and think about the people who care about you?!”



“I think about the people who care about me every fucking day! You out of all the people should be able to understand this. You think I like being away from my family and friends for months at a time? I chose this career path because I knew they’d understand what I wanted to achieve on my own, but they never ever stopped being my rock!”



The tears that threatened to spill out of the corner of her eyes began streaming down her cheeks, eyes reddening and nose turning pink. She gritted her teeth, more than upset from feeling attacked.



“Who do you think you are yelling at me like this? In my own home!” She threw her arms out signaling the surroundings around them. “I am an adult! And I will do anything as I damn well please,” she yelled pointing a finger at him. “Don’t you dare try and control me, you are not my father! You are my friend, and that’s the only position you will ever be in!”



Exasperated, Alaine turned her back on Daniel. She felt the daggers hit her back, staring her down. She retreated upstairs, rushing each step to get herself away from the horrible atmosphere of the feud. She slammed her bedroom door behind, pressing her back against it she let out a sob. Alaine was absolutely exhausted.





The slight creak of the mahogany wood stairs echoed through the stark silence of the villa. Twenty minutes before was just as silent as it was now, the air thick with tension from the spat between the two drivers earlier. The soft pads of her feet hitting the wood floors vibrated the nearby curio that hosted sets of valued crystal glassware. The guests who were staying in her villa were in the living room, way too early morning with the company of the television.



Daniel’s back rested against the light beige sectional couch, his gaze was solemn knowing who was pondering around the same floor he was on. The other three drivers [Charles, Lando, and Lewis] were spread out in their own spot on the sectional, silent as ever, their attention was solely on the tele and not anything else.



Daniel heard the soft footsteps stop right behind him, the guilt that washed over him began pooling in the pit of his stomach again. He felt the gentle touch as she placed her hands on top of his shoulders. She noticed the tension that accumulated in his shoulders, stiff as ever after her hands were placed. The prying eyes of the other three drivers didn’t dare turn their heads, but their eyes tried to follow every movement that was unfolding in front of them. She leaned in close within earshot and began speaking with a tender voice.



“Daniel? I’m sorry for yelling at you when I came back home today...”



Without uttering a word he decided to listen, nodding to indicate he was listening.



“I’m sorry for making you worry… you were right in that regard, I should’ve checked in but I didn’t.”



The other three drivers listened closely to what she was saying, even turning down the tele’s volume just a notch.



“I didn’t check in because for once I wanted to disassociate myself with this life. I didn’t want to show up to her graduation as Alaine Claire the Formula One driver, I wanted to show up as Alaine Claire her best friend.”



Daniel felt the pads of her fingertips press into his shoulders the more she expressed her feelings. He, like every other driver, has had and still has these feelings more often than not.



“You know her parents are on the brink of divorce? They were bickering the whole time… and if I could be at least half the friend that she is to me, you’d bet that I’d do whatever I could in my power to make this a happy day to celebrate just for her.”



Her voice quivered at the mentions of divorce, she’d known her best friend’s family for more than half her lifetime. It pained her in a different way, knowing that the end of a marriage was more than likely for them. Daniel’s heart clenched at the waver in her voice, a small gasp was heard from Lando at the corner of the sectional. His hand was placed over his mouth knowing he let it slip.



"So I did what any other girl would with her best friend. We went to the Alderwood mall, window shopped at H&M and joked about being broke. Had dinner at Claim Jumper, and ate her favorite happy hour street tacos. Getting lost in Sephora looking at all the way too expensive skin care, and gushed about new makeup coming out from so many different brands. Looked around in Victoria's Secret, thirstily joking about all the cute boys we wish we had. Made a spur of the moment decision to get Cold Stone ice cream at the end of our night, she always did like the banana flavored ice cream… I never understood why." She let out a little exasperated chuckle at the end, shaking her head thinking about her best friend's crazy antics.



She felt the inner corner of her eyes flooded with tears, vision becoming even more blurry courtesy to the poorly lit room only by the tele. Her thoughts were jumbled, she wanted to talk a mile a minute unpacking what she had witnessed today. She finally formulated a simple but clear choice of what she wanted to say.



“Being diagnosed with anxiety and depression isn’t easy… she’s constantly scared about the eventual change in relationships with her parents, and the relationship she has with me because of how little we see each other.”



Alaine took her hands off his shoulders and wrapped her arms around his neck for a brief hug, pecking his cheek.



“I hope you’ll be able to forgive me… and that tomorrow will be a better day. Sleep well Daniel.”



She released her arms and moved on to Lewis, Charles, and lastly Lando. Giving them the same treatment as she did Daniel, and she wished them a good night. She was about to walk away when she heard her nickname being called from behind.



“Laina…”



“Hm?” She murmured, turning around to face him.



He was suddenly there right in front of her, engulfing her with a big honey badger hug. She wrapped her arms around his waist, basking in his warmth.



“I’m sorry… nothing that I said you deserved. Please forgive me, I let myself get ahead without knowing anything about the situation.”



From her ear being pressed against his chest. As he talked, she listened to his heartbeat quicken.



She nodded her head, now in relief that this spat could be put behind them. With his signature smile displaying, he leaned down and kissed her forehead.



“G’night doll,” he spoke the sweet Aussie words while releasing his grasp around her smaller frame.



One last smile to him and the others, she refastened her slightly disheveled bathrobe and padded her way back upstairs to her room not slamming the door this time around. A silence downstairs passed in between all the drivers.



Until Charles cleared his throat after letting the situation set it, his Monégasque accent peeking out. “So… after that kiss who else has fallen in love with Laina now?”



A slew of apprehensive chuckles slipped from each of the drivers’ lips, as one by one raised their own hand.



“Inevitably guilty, all of us,” Lewis’ robust British accent rang out in an echo of the ungodly morning hour.
Sign up to rate and review this story