Categories > TV > Supernatural > For the Love of an Angel

Two

by Ari_Winchester 0 reviews

Ari meets the Winchester brothers.

Category: Supernatural - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2019-12-11 - 844 words

0Unrated
Ellen stood at the counter, looking at the crowded bar. She smiled, happy that the place seemed to be doing good. Now, all she needed to do was make sure Jo didn’t fall into the hunting style. If she did, Ellen wasn’t sure what she would do.
Ellen turned as the door opened, and frowned when she caught sight of the familiar tan trenchcoat. What was he doing here?
The older woman watched as the man in the trenchcoat hurried to the counter, guiding a young girl with purple hair. She seemed confused, and a little frightened.
“Hey, sweetheart.” Ellen said, talking to the man. “What’re you doing here? The boys gonna show up soon?”
The man grimaced a bit.
“Yes, actually.” He replied in his deep voice. “They’ll be here by tomorrow, to ask for help from Asher.”
“Alright.” Ellen replied, swinging around and grabbing a beer. “Here. You should try this.” She handed it to the man, but he wrinkled his nose and shook his head.
“No. I’m actually on business.” He said. Ellen frowned.
“What kind of business?” She asked, leaning against the counter.
“I need you to introduce Ari to them, let them take her in.” The man said, and Ellen shook her head.
“No. I won’t drag another innocent soul into this eons-long fight. She doesn’t deserve that.” Ellen said, her tone cool. The man shook his head sadly.
“You don’t understand. She has to go with them. Only there will she learn how to defend herself.” The man said, and Ellen slammed her hands down, suddenly angry.
“Castiel, I won’t do it. I can’t let Jo do it, and I barely tolerate Asher doing it. Let her go free. Nothing has her in its crosshairs yet.” Ellen snapped, and Castiel winced. “Something’s already after her?”
Castiel nodded.
“Uhm, can I say something?” The girl, Ari, asked timidly. Ellen nodded.
“Whatever this lifestyle is, shouldn’t it be my choice if I want to join it?” She asked and Ellen laughed.
“Sweetheart, if something’s already hunting you, it’s too late. You gotta learn to defend yourself, and the Winchester boys will be able to teach you better and faster than any other hunter in the world, except maybe Bobby Singer.” Ellen said quietly. “You’re already in this life.”
“A hunter? That’s all I have to become?” Ari asked, and Ellen nodded.
“You won’t be hunting animals. You’ll be hunting the things of the stories, of the legends. Because, honey, all the stories are true.” Ellen said, then turned to Castiel.
“I’ll do it, but this is the last person I allow to be dragged into this life.”
Castiel sighed, looking Ellen in the eye.
“When will you understand that it wasn’t your fault? When you will realise that those people chose this life? They weren’t forced. They walked into this, knowing the consequences.”
“Not all of them.” Ellen whispered. Castiel’s mouth tightened, but he didn’t retaliate.
“Please, take care of her.” He said, then leaned in close to Ellen, and spoke quietly, so that Ari couldn’t hear him. “She’s the last of us.”
He stepped back, then turned, and hurried outside.
“Where did he go?” Ari asked, and Ellen sighed.
“He never stays around long, sweetie.” Ellen said, looking at Ari. It was then that she noticed the expression Ari wore as she stared after Castiel. It was one of longing, and it was clear she wanted to follow after him, and Ellen realised Ari was developing a crush on him.
“Ari, look at me.” Ellen said. Ari did. “I don’t say this to be mean, but don’t even attempt to hook up with him. He’s absolutely clueless about love, and he never stays around long. He’s constantly coming and going.”
Ari smiled, and Ellen felt a shudder run through her body. There was something about that smile that made her fearful of Ari.
“My heart is guarded; you needn’t guard it for me.” Ari paused, tilting her head in Ellen’s direction. “But I thank you for the concern, however misplaced it is. You should be more worried about what will happen to this place. I can smell the smoke even now.”
“What are you talking about?” Ellen demanded, and Ari lowered her head.
“I can’t tell you.” She whispered. “I apologise.”
Ellen nodded.
“You’re a psychic. You can see things, things that will happen, can’t you?”
“Of course I can. I just can’t tell you what will happen, for then it will most definitely happen.” Ari said, causing Ellen to frown and lean towards her.
“What are you talking about?” She asked, and saw Ari smile a little.
“I’m talking about the nature of mankind. When told something bad may happen, they do everything that they can to stop it, therefore ensuring it happens.”
Ellen laughed.
“You might just be right on that.”
Sign up to rate and review this story