Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Boar and Rat

Dawning Era

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki and Anna finally reunite and put an end to this long dragging war. But not before Haruka pulls one last ace up her sleeve

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2019-12-18 - 771 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Forty-Nine: Dawning /Era:/

Tsuzuki spotted Anna lying on the ground. The color drained from his face.

"Usagi-chan!" he shouted. Tsuzuki flew down to her as fast as he could. He shook her on the shoulder.

"Hey! Are you okay?" the shinigami asked, shaking her. "Anna-chan! Hey! Hey!" His wife's eyes fluttered open. Tsuzuki breathed out.

"Oh good!" he said.

. "Asato-kun?" Anna asked. He grabbed her hand.

"I'm right here," he said.

"My foot," she said.

"Huh?" he asked, looking down. Her whole foot looked swollen in her sneaker. The shinigami took off her sneaker. Her foot looked puffed up and black.

"Ooh!" he said. "What happened there?"

"She got me," Anna said. "I tried to dodge it but she still got me."

"Shh, don't talk," he whispered. "I've got the weapon."

"You did?" Anna asked.

"Yes," Tsuzuki said. He clutched her hand tightly.

"The only way this will work is if you say the word to end this spell."

"The word?" Anna asked.

"Yes," Tsuzuki said. "Try to remember what it is. We have to hurry." At first, she looked confused. Tsuzuki looked desperate.

"Come on," he said. "You have to say it. I'll say it with you. You just have to say it." His wife didn't answer.

"Just say it," Tsuzuki whispered. Airi came behind her vessel.

You can do this. I will give it to /you./ The answer came wordlessly into her ear. Anna in turn whispered it into Tsuzuki's ear. Her husband nodded.

"I understand," he said.

Haruka could see everything. Having no body gave her more power. Aki became a part of her as well.

"This is great!" she shouted. The old lady paused.

"Oh?" she asked. Her eyes scanned through the cracking darkness. Her lips curved into a hungry smile.

"Yes," she said. Her targets were here together. Time to end this. Haruka flew down to the bottom of her tower. Tsuzuki held up Anna in his arms. They held out a device made of two long gold rods held together with wire.

"Oh?" Haruka asked. "And what is this?" The couple smirked at her.

"Bonto!" Tsuzuki and Anna shouted. The wire began to light up.

"What the…?!" Haruka shouted. The light fanned out swallowing everything in sight.

"What is this?!" the old lady asked. "No… No!" The cracks spread faster all over the tower. Holes grew at a rapid rate in the walls and sky.

"No!" Haruka yelled. "I will not lose to you!" She stuck her hand in the air. Everything went silent.

Anna opened her eyes. Quiet.

Huh? Where… /Where am I?/

Thought /you could/ get rid of me that easily, huh?

Anna whipped her head around. Haruka floated before her. Only her face remained.

"You!" her granddaughter yelled. The old lady laughed.

"I had to admit," she said. "You had me with that spell of yours. You broke my body." Anna gritted her teeth.

"This has to stop!" she yelled. "I won't let this clan take another life!" Haruka smirked at her.

"Funny," she said. "You take the high ground but you will be no better than us."

"What do you mean?" Anna asked. She wished that she could strangle her. Haruka smirked and waved her invisible hand. A small clicking noise ripped through the air. Anna turned her head.

Daisuke's voice the room.

Daisuke:

October 31st, 1999.

My name is Kimoto Daisuke. I'm thirty-four years old and a single dad.

"Where did you get this?" Anna asked.

Daisuke:

This will be my last entry. -Sigh- I have no choice but to admit it. The curse will claim Anna-chan too. The Mother chose her. I tried to seal her away. But it's not enough. The curse has won. I couldn't stop it.

I'm so sorry, Anna-chan.

See?" Haruka asked. "You're doomed to keep our legacy going. You will shed blood like us!" Anna had no emotion on her face.

"Is that all?" she asked.

"What?" Haruka asked.

Daisuke:

But I know it won't end this way.

"What?!" the old lady shouted. She started to tremble.

Daisuke:

Anna will be the one to turn our fate around. She can save our future. She and the Mother will be the strongest out of all of us. The clan's redemption is in her hands. Her power will bring the downfall of our toxic clan. She will save us all!

Haruka wanted to scream.

"No… No… No! No! No! No! No!" she screamed. "Turn it off! Turn it off!" Daisuke's voice still floated through the air. The cracks deepened in the darkness and finally broke.

The bright light replaced the emptiness. The winner had been decided.
Sign up to rate and review this story