Categories > Games > Harvest Moon > A Thousand Words: A Story Of Seasons Fanfic

Chapter 2- End To The Day

by nadifangirl 0 reviews

Ok, so this one is short, hallelujah! Then, of course, we have the next days, but let’s forget about that for now!

Category: Harvest Moon - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2019-12-26 - 342 words

0Unrated
“This is my home. Even though it’s just for a few days, think of it as your home, too.” Eda says to me as we enter the kitchen. I look around. I can feel Eda staring at me, and I turn around to see her beaming at me. “What?” I ask.

“Hm? I look happy, don’t I? Why, of course I am! Ever since my grandson moved back to the city, I’ve been living in this old house all by myself. With you here, it’s almost like he’s home for a visit. I’m glad to have company.” I smile back.

“And I’m glad to be here.” “Oh! You must be exhausted from the trip here. Let’s wait until tomorrow to start working. Why don’t I show you to your room? This way, dear.” We turn and walk through a hall. When we reach the end, Eda opens a door.

“This will be your room. There’s a toolbox for things like hoes and sickens over there, a storage box for items insects and collectibles next to it, and a bookshelf with books on farming over there in the corner. Good gravy, look at the time! You must be tired and here I am, taking your ear off. Go ahead and get some rest, Holly. I still have a few chores to finish, so don’t wait up for me. Oh, one last thing. What do you think about keeping a journal of your life here? Writing in your journal helps you remember what you’ve been doing. I do it before bed, but you can jot down your progress anytime. And before I go, here’s a small allowance from me. Use it to get whatever you might need. Good night!” And with that, Eda walked off. “Okay.” I say to myself. “Here goes.”

After scrawling a quick recap of today’s venture, I get into the bed and turn off the light. “What a day.” I whisper, and drift off to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story