Categories > Movies > Star Wars > The Light

Sabers

by BrattyLilCritter 0 reviews

Ben makes a new lightsaber

Category: Star Wars - Rating: G - Genres: Romance,Sci-fi - Published: 2020-01-19 - 806 words

0Unrated
Put to rest what you thought of me 

While I clean this slate 

With the hands of uncertainty 

So let mercy come and wash away 

What I've done
 

Linkin Park-What I’ve Done 

~Rey’s POV~ 

I plunked down in the pilot’s seat. I could tell that being on the Millennium Falcon was getting to Ben, but he would have to face it eventually. We couldn’t waste any more time if we were going to repair the damage to the galaxy. Damage that he had caused, or at least was done on his orders. It would take a lot of convincing to get Poe and Finn to understand that Ben was no longer Kylo Ren. He had changed. The dark side had lost its grip on him. Finally. 

I had already put us into hyperspace by the time he finally appeared in the cockpit. I noticed his clothing had changed slightly. He must have found some of his father’s clothes. They seemed to fit better. I wondered if it was weird for him to wear clothes that had previously belonged to his father and uncle.  

“So, I guess we are heading to your base?”, he said inquisitively. I nodded. I still didn’t know how I would explain everything to everyone. I felt him put his hand on my shoulder. “We will figure it out.” I just hoped Poe and Finn would behave. “If I get punched, it’s less than I deserve anyway. I have done terrible things. I can only hope to make up for even a portion of what I’ve done.” 

Then a thought struck me. Maybe they would be more likely to accept him if they saw even more change than just his clothes. I pulled the ship out of hyperspace and changed the coordinates. He looked at me quizzically. “Change of plans”, I explained. “We will head to Ilum. You’re going to make a new lightsaber. Maybe that will help convince everyone that you have changed.” 

~Ben’s POV~ 

We walked aboard my father’s old hunk of junk he called a ship. It was kind of bittersweet to be on board the Millenium Falcon again. Rey headed straight for the cockpit while I lingered in the main area, reliving some old memories, both good and bad. I made my way to my father’s quarters. Maybe I would find some better fitting clothes. I was right. I found some looser pants. Thank the Maker. I didn’t want her to notice how she affected me sometimes. At least not yet. Force, how I wanted her. I felt the pants seemingly tighten at that thought. Down boy, I thought to myself. Thankfully, the erection subsided.  

I walked to the cockpit to find we were already in hyperspace. “So, I guess we are heading to your base?”, I asked. I wasn’t sure how her friends would react to my presence. But we would get through it and I would take whatever punishment they deemed necessary, short of anything that made me leave her side. I could tell she was worried about it too. I placed my hand on her shoulder, reassuring her. “We will figure it out. “If I get punched, it’s less than I deserve anyway. I have done terrible things. I can only hope to make up for even a portion of what I’ve done.” 

Suddenly she reached over and pulled us out of hyperspace. Now I was the one who was confused. “Change of plans”, She explained. “We will head to Ilum. You’re going to make a new lightsaber. Maybe that will help convince everyone that you have changed.” That actually seemed like a good idea to me. I hadn’t even thought about that. But it seemed like a good plan to me. 

We landed near the old kyber caves. I knew the drill. I reached out with the force, searching for the right crystal. It took a little while, but I found it. I harvested the crystal, and brought it back to the ship. Rey had obviously already made her own saber previously, since she was practicing with in when I returned. It had a brilliant yellow hue. I had never seen one that shade before.  

I excused myself to meditate upon the crystal and attune it to myself. I meditated upon it for several hours. When I finally opened my eyes and gazed upon the crystal, I was surprised to find it had a purple hue. I had only ever heard of one other force user with a purple blade, Master Mace Windu. I quickly assembled a housing for it and eagerly brought it to show Rey my new blade. We sparred a little as the ship hurtled in hyperspace towards the Resistance base on Ajan Kloss. 
Sign up to rate and review this story