Categories > Movies > Star Wars > The Light

Redemption

by BrattyLilCritter 0 reviews

A heated reunion between Ben and Poe

Category: Star Wars - Rating: G - Genres: Romance,Sci-fi - Published: 2020-01-22 - 978 words

0Unrated
Now that we know just who we are
Now that we've finally come this far
I'm ready for one more battle scar
'Cause this is still worth fighting for


My Darkest Days-Still Worth Fighting For

~Ben’s POV~

I felt her pull away to stand in front of me as she addressed the group. Poe and Finn were clearly upset by the fact that I was there. I didn’t blame them. Rey explained everything. From the force bond we shared, to the events on Exegol; even us being a dyad. I noticed she purposely left out certain parts. But those things, they didn’t need to know. I felt her reach for my hand once more, showing everyone that I wasn’t going anywhere. Suddenly, there was a flash of fur. Before I knew it, I was being hugged tightly by a Wookiee. “I missed you too, Chewie”, I laughed.

While the rest of the group disbanded, Poe stayed behind, still glaring at me. I could tell he didn’t trust me. If I was him, I wouldn’t trust me either. I noticed his fist was still balled up as he approached me. I would take it like a man. I would resist the urge to fight back. They needed to know that I had truly changed. I felt his fist connect with my jaw. I heard a gasp coming from the direction of the base. Rey ran towards us, Finn in tow, as Poe finally spoke. “That’s only some of what you deserve, you evil bastard!” His eyes burned with hatred and disdain. “POE!”, Rey screamed. “Stop!” I could tell he wanted to do more, but he restrained himself. “You’re lucky that I trust Rey.”, he growled. Finn and Rey finally reached us, Finn pulling Poe back as Rey examined my jaw for permanent damage. She glared at Poe. “I told you, he’s not the same person anymore!” I reached down, taking her hand in mine and caressing it gently. “It’s ok, Rey. He’s right. It’s not even close to what Kylo Ren deserved.” But she was also right. I was no longer Kylo Ren. He died on Kef Bir. Finn held his lover and best friend back, trying his best to convince Poe that I had changed as well.

~Finn’s POV~

I felt that Rey was not alone before she even landed. The force energy I felt coming from her companion felt vaguely familiar, but not at the same time. I couldn’t put my finger on it. The only thing I knew for sure was that they had an extremely strong connection. And that it was a man. She loved this man, I could feel that. And he loved her too. But I could not ascertain who he was. How had I missed the fact that she was in love with someone? Judging from how closely they were bonded, it definitely wasn’t a new connection. So how had I missed it before?

When they landed, I figured out why the presence seemed slightly familiar. It was Kylo Ren. But he was different. Calmer. More balanced. Less….evil. He was dressed in his father’s clothes. I also noticed he had a new lightsaber hanging from his belt. I only knew it was new because it wasn’t the same cross-hilt design. They walked down the gangplank with their fingers intertwined. I could feel my love, Poe, seething with anger and hatred at the sight of Kylo Ren.

Rey pulled away from Kylo when she saw Poe’s reaction. She addressed our group, explaining everything. She said they were a bonded pair. A dyad in the force. Whatever that meant. I guess that explains the connection between them. She also told us about Exegol. Apparently he had given his life force to her. “How is he still alive then?”, asked Poe. He had relaxed just a tiny bit. But I could tell he still wanted to kick Kylo Ren’s ass. I answered him. I don’t know how I knew. “The force brought him back. Gave him a second chance. And he better earn that." I eyed Kylo Ren, warning him. “I still don’t trust him.”, growled Poe. And I didn’t blame him.

Rey reached down and took Ren’s hand in hers again. It was then that Chewie showed up. He saw Kylo Ren, and there was a flash of fur. Before We knew it, he was hugging Ren tightly. Maybe he really had changed. Maybe Kylo Ren really was gone and he was Ben Solo again. I would give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

The group of us headed back to the base. I didn’t realize at first that Ben and Poe were not with us. It wasn’t until I felt Poe’s anger flare up again, that I looked back. He had just punched Ben in the jaw. Hard. And Ben took it. He didn’t react at all. Rey, on the other hand, gasped and screamed at Poe. She pulled me back towards the Millennium Falcon, where Ben and Poe still were. “POE!”, Rey screamed. “Stop!” I felt his anger, a slow burn.

We finally reached the area where Ben and Poe were. Poe’s fists were still balled up and his eyes burned with anger and hatred. I held my lover close, trying to calm him, while Rey examined Ben’s jaw. She glared at Poe.” I told you, he’s not the same person anymore!” Ben reached down, taking her hand in his. “It’s ok, Rey. He’s right. It’s not even close to what Kylo Ren deserved.” She was right. He had definitely changed. Now, I just had to calm Poe and convince him that Ben really was different.
Sign up to rate and review this story