Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Bomb

Out to California

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki and Anna pack up and get ready for their California vacation. Anna gets Kirika-chan vaccinated and Tsuzuki gets time off from her vacation.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2020-02-22 - 410 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Seventeen: Out to California:

"Do we have everything?" Anna asked.

"Uh…" Tsuzuki said, looking around. November blew past them. Now, it was December tenth. For weeks, everything had been calm. Anna settled back into her job. Airi was getting better at accepting her age. The couple counted down to vacation. And now the day came.

"Let's see," Tsuzuki said. "Baby things, clothes, passports, the wedding gift, snacks, first aid kit, money, phones…" He paused and went over the list again. Anna leaned against the wall.

"Are you sure?" she asked. The shinigami took longer to think. He finally nodded.

"Yeah," he said. His wife smiled.

"Good," she said. Yesterday, Anna took Kirika-chan to the doctor for shots. She needed her vaccinations.

"Going overseas?" the doctor asked.

"Yep," she said. "Going to a friend's wedding in California."

"Wow," he said.

"Yeah," Anna said. "It's her first vacation." She played with Kirika-chan's feet as she spoke. The baby cooed. Sure, she was half yaoguai, but Anna didn't want to take her chances. Kirika-chan was half human after all. The vaccinations took only minutes. She did cry on the first shot. Anna had to bounce her for a bit.

"Shhh, shhh, shhh," she whispered. "It's okay. It's okay. You're doing good. Shhh. Shhh." Four more shots later and Kirika-chan was ready to travel.

Meanwhile, Tsuzuki had to get time off from work. Konoe raised his eyebrow.

"And why should I do that?" he asked.

"I barely get a vacation," Tsuzuki complained.

"And do you know why?" he asked. The shinigami whimpered.

"Please?" he asked. Tsuzuki sniffled and whimpered. Konoe frowned. The older shinigami sprouted puppy ears, tail, and paws.

"Just this once, please?" he asked. "Please?" Tsuzuki was pouting to give up, was he? The manager sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Fine, you can use your vacation time!" Konoe said. Tsuzuki leaped up and squealed.

"Thank you so much!" he shouted. Konoe sighed and rubbed his forehead. So annoying.

Anna sat on their futon back in present day.

"We're all set," she said.

"Yes," Tsuzuki said. "We're all set." The couple smiled at each other. They would leave by morning.

"Now what?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Nothing," Anna said. Her husband gave her an odd look.

"Nothing?" he asked.

"Uh-huh," Anna said. She lay back on the futon. She went right to sleep. Tsuzuki smiled and shook his head.

"Good night," he murmured. The shinigami walked out of the room to check on Kirika-chan.
Sign up to rate and review this story