Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

23

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2020-03-22 - 4589 words

0Unrated
The next day when Jenna got up early as usual to sort her horses out she sat in the kitchen with a coffee first. It was lovely sat at the table by the large windows over looking the yard so you could see all the horses.
“wow morning, I’m not used to seeing anyone up before me in a morning.” Frankie laughed jumping slightly when she first seen someone in her kitchen.
“morning.” Jenna laughed.
“well played last night tricking Max into helping out whilst I’m away.” Frankie grinned sitting opposite Jenna with a coffee.
“thing with Max is you’ve just got to trick him into thinking it’s his idea and you can get him to do anything.” Jenna laughed.
“you know him well.” Frankie smirked and they clinked their coffee mugs as ‘cheers’
They finished their coffees then went to go out to the yard.
“as if that lazy ass is still in bed. M...” Frankie said beginning to shout Max but Jenna stopped him.
“ah leave him let him have a day off before you go away.” Jenna said.
“seriously. Your too nice to him.” Frankie laughed.
“keep him sweet remember horses aren’t his first choice of hobby.” Jenna reasoned and Frankie nodded.
Frankie made a start on her yard and horses and Mike joined her not long after whilst Jenna done her three horses and unloaded and unpacked the lorry. By lunch time Jenna was on the last box when Max came walking over.
“good morning princess.” Jenna laughed.
“have you done all this yourself.” Max looked round at the empty lorry. “you should have shouted me.”
“I thought you deserved a sleep in considering you’ve offered to do your sister a good deed.” Jenna grinned.
“offered!? More like tricked.” Max laughed.
“well either way your doing it.” Jenna smiled sweetly as part of their banter.
“it’s a good job I’m a good guy.” Max smirked.
“I guess it is.” Jenna humoured him.
“but owe me.” Max said more seriously but still with a smirk.
“I don’t doubt it.” Jenna laughed shaking her head knowing he most certainly would call in a favour at some point.
They met back up with Frankie and Mike and the four of them went for lunch together. After lunch Frankie had some of her horses she wanted to work so Jenna and Max offered to make a start on finishing up the yard for her as Mike had to run some errands. As Frankie finished with her last horse and walked into the stable block she couldn’t help but with at Jenna and Max. True to Jenna and Max form they was working away music on laughing and joking around as they went so in sync passing the tools etc to each other swiftly and smoothly.
“smooth guys real smooth.” Frankie laughed getting their attention.
“you’ve got A team in business now sis.” Max smirked with a wink.
“no flies on us.” Jenna laughed.
They finished off the yard between the three of them and Frankie went through everything with them for whilst she was away... well mostly with Jenna, Max just wanted to know when they was done so he could get food.

The next day Frankie and Mike left early in the morning for their holiday for two weeks leaving Max and Jenna too it with the house and the yard. It also left just enough time when they get back to help Jenna get ready for the nationals.
“well its like when your a teenager and your parents go away for the weekend, let’s have a wild party and trash the house.” Max joked as they waved Frankie and Mike off.
“you and I both know Frankie would kick your ass far worse than any parent if you did.” Jenna laughed.
“yeh she’s pretty scary when she’s angry isn’t she. I do think we should invite the guys over for dinner and some drinks though for a catch up.” Max said. Jenna nodded a little unsure he read her mind.
“I do mean like the circus guys only.” He said clarifying that it wasn’t a trick to get her to see Benji.
“yeah sounds good but first job let’s get this yard done it’s been a while since either of us have done twelve horses as oppose to just my three." Jenna laughed as they went and made a start on the yard.

It didn't take Jenna and Max long to get into the swing of things running the yard like clock work. In the afternoon Jenna worked the horses that needed it.
“it’s always strange at first seeing you riding ‘classically’ instead of vaulting and performing.” Max laughed as they walked back to the stable yard after Jenna had rode the last horse.
“it’s a refreshing change, I do enjoy schooling the horses.” Jenna smiled.
Jenna went to put the horses away and as she came out of the stable she noticed Max grinning to himself looking at his phone.
“what or should I who’s put that smile on your face.” Jenna laughed snapping him out of his bubble.
“What?.. oh it’s nothing.” Max stuttered.
“tell me.” She frowned knowing him well enough to know when he was lying.
“it’s just, Lexi.” Max said quietly not wanting to ‘rub it in' that things was working them selves out between himself and Lexi but Jenna and Benji where still on bad terms.
“ah you two are getting long then.” Jenna smiled genuinely happy for him. Max Just looked at her for a second trying to read her. “Max I am happy for you. You don’t have to hide it or play it down to me just because me and Benji are a no go.”
“You sure? I mean it’s not like we’re a sure thing or anything. We’re just chatting.” Max said trying to play it down but she could see the beam of happiness in his eyes.
“just chatting and rekindling that connect you used to have is exactly what you need. I’m happy for you.” Jenna grinned making him smile and relax more too.
They finished up the yard and went into the house. Max started putting dinner on to cook whilst Jenna had a quick shower then they swapped Jenna finished dinner whilst Max showered. Max came through just as Jenna finished dishing out dinner.
“ah my favourite room in the house.” Jenna said as she opened the wine cellar.
“the wine cellar?” Max laughed.
“oh yes.” Jenna grinned selecting the perfect wine to go with their pasta from the extremely large selection.
“pasta, wine, pjs and a movie.” Jenna sighed contently sitting down in the lounge.
“doesn’t get much better.” Max agreed sitting on the other sofa as the put on a movie. “so I spoke to Jackie and Erin earlier they’re all going to come for dinner tomorrow night if your ok with it.” Jenna Just nodded.
“Just Jackie Seraya Erin AJ and Brad. So don’t worry it’s not a set up to try and get you talking to Benji or anyone.” Max clarified.
“better not be.” Jenna smirked.

The next day as of the previous day Max and Jenna did all the yard jobs and worked the horses. As they’d finished the yard they took turns cooking and showering. Erin and AJ arrived first and sat chatting to Max and Jenna in the kitchen as they was cooking etc. Next Seraya and Brad arrived together they all greeted each other. Max and Jenna had both had showers and changed and was just finishing the food off. Erin was on drinks duty and before long Jackie arrived. Brad and Seraya set the table as Erin and AJ topped up everyone’s drinks. They all sat at the table while Jenna and max finished off the dinner and handed it out.
“It’s like watching a real life Mr and Mrs Smith.” AJ laughed as they observed Max and Jenna’s team work.
“as long as their cooking skills are a good as their team work. “ Brad joked.
“well if you don't want to risk if no can feed yours to the yard dogs.” Jenna joked sarcastically. Brad faked shock and hurt. Jenna and everyone laughed.
“that’s told you.” Seraya laughed.
Once Max and Jenna had dished out all the food they joined the others at the table.
“thanks a beautiful house max.” Jackie commented.
“thank you my parents did a lot of work on it the make it the building it is and Frankie’s don’t a pretty good job of redecorating it since they left.” Max said.
They all chatted and caught up with each other it was like a family getting together at the end of the day. Even though it hadn’t been a week since they last seen each other it felt like so much longer considering they’re used to being around each other all day every day. They enjoyed a few drinks having a laugh and joke around too. They all clearly avoided the max/Lexi/Jenna/Benji/Rachel situation and avoided talking of the Good Charlotte guys all together even though you could tell there was a few ‘elephant in the room’ moments. They chatted about Erin and AJs wedding plans, Jackie’s plans for the circus at Christmas, the horses and Jenna competing at the nationals. As it got later they all started to say their goodbyes and leave.

The next two days went by like normal Jenna and Max doing the yard and chilling out on an evening with a box set. Max and Lexi continued to message each other things seemed to be going well with them.
That evening as they was sat on a sofa each max noticed Jenna’s phone go off again and her look at it then swipe it off again. He’d noticed she'd done that a few times lately at first he didn’t think much into it that it must have just been the wrong number or sales calls but it was happening far too often and she always paused looking at the screen for a second first.
“who’s that?” he asked breaking the silence.
“oh no one.” Jenna said.
“you sure? You’ve had a few... unwanted calls lately.” He said for lack of a better way to describe them.
“And they’re just that, unwanted.” Jenna said trying not to fuel the conversation.
“who is it?” Max asked again with a suspicion to who it could be.
“just stupid sales calls.” She tried to brush off.
“at this time of night?” Max knew she was lying.
“yeh they'll be on over time or something.” Jenna shrugged with a forced smile she knew he knew she was lying but she wasn’t giving up. Max decided to leave it for now he was pretty certain that the calls must be from Benji or the Good Charlotte guys and her terrible attempt to cover it up confirmed it. The fact she’s tried to cover it up meant she didn’t want to talk yet.

The next day Jenna and Max had finished the yard for the morning and had gone into the house for lunch. Jenna had gone to the bathroom leaving her phone on the side. As Max started making food he noticed her phone start to ring again. He looked over seeing caller ID ‘Benji’ then next thing Jenna walked in looked over at her phone and ignored it attempting to ignore Max’s stir too.
“do you not want to answer that.” He said breaking the silence as they made sandwiches and drinks.
“no.” Jenna said simply.
“but...” max started.
“no there’s nothing to say, nothing to discuss everyone’s made their choices, I’ve made mine and that’s it.” Jenna insisted clearly still very emotional about it all.
“if your sure.” Max said knowing she was trying to be tough putting on a brave face and building up her ‘wall’s’ again he eyed her worriedly.
“I’m sure.” Jenna nodded not making eye contact.
Max left it there not wanting to push her too far but at least he knew Benji had been calling and she had been ignoring it and as much as she tired to hide it clearly she was still upset and if he didn’t know better she had feelings for Benji.
They ate lunch and finished off afternoon yards they was both slightly more awkward than usual after Max seeing the phone call from Benji she knew there was no way Max was going to leave it. When they was almost done Seraya came walking onto the yard.
“Seraya! What brings you here have you come to help us with the horses.” Max laughed walking the horse he was leading close past her knowing how much they scared her.
“oh no defiantly not.” Seraya jumped away. Jenna looked over and laughed at them too.
“so what do we owe this pleasure.” Jenna smiled walking over to them.
“I just thought I’d pop over to hang out.” Seraya said.
“hmm you of all people don’t just pop over to the yard.” Jenna laughed. “there’s more to it.” Jenna said knowing Seraya avoided the yard and horses like the plague.
“I just missed you guys.” Seraya said cheesily knowing they was on to her but she didn’t want to get into the real reason she was there until they’d finished the yard and they could talk properly.
“now we know your defiantly up to something.” Max laughed. “come on let’s get finished up here then we can get a bru and discuss what Seraya’s really up to.” Max smirked.
“can’t I just want to hang out.” Seraya laughed.
“no.” Max and Jenna said at the same time and they all laughed. They finished the yard making small talk whilst Seraya kept ‘a safe distance’ from the horses then went up to the house.
“right don’t keep us in suspense, what ya here for?” Max said hopping on to the kitchen counter whilst Seraya took a seat at the table and Jenna made the drinks.
“ok so erm I went for dinner with Paul the other night, and well the rest of the guys.” Seraya paused to gage the reactions. Jenna just kept her head down making the drinks unresponsive.
“ah how are they?” Max asked acting casual.
“erm yeh they’re fine but erm you see after the meal Rachel left the table on a phone call and Benji went to the bathroom. On his way back he over he heard Rachel talking on the phone. She was bragging about how she'd managed to make you guys fall out and break up. Some sort of revenge for him splitting up with Mia. He is so, so sorry for everything and would really like to talk to you. Jenna?” Seraya did her best to explain. Jenna kept her head down doing her best to push away the emotions that come up when talking about Benji.
“there’s nothing to talk about.” Jenna said simply as she handed out the drinks doing her best to compose herself.
“that’ll be why he’s trying to call you. He’s reaching out to you Jen.” Max added.
“do you not want to hear him out now it changes thing’s.” Seraya said trying her best to fight Benji's corner without pissing Jenna off.
“it changes nothing! He still made those decisions he still he still believed those things himself.” Jenna snapped her emotions stating to creep out
“it’s not that black and white though is it.” Max said gently.
“yes it has to be, it’s too late we’ve all made our choices we just have to deal with them now.” Jenna said a little calmer but you could hear the hurt in her words.
“it’s not it’s never too late, it’s only too late if you stop trying.” Seraya said trying to stop Jenna from giving up on what she has with Benji.
“I can’t, we just need to move on from it. I can’t do it especially not now. I’ve got the nationals soon I can’t afford to not be focused on them.” Jenna said sounding more stressed. They softened knowing she was right she couldn’t afford to not have her head in the game competing at the nationals but it was such a shame as they knew how much Jenna and Benji was meant to each other. Jenna was the happiest they’ve ever seen her when she’s with Benji they’ve just been victims of circumstance.
“she’s got a point.” Max said to Seraya. “I'm going to go for a shower I’ll leave you two to have a girly chat.” Max smiled and left the room. Jenna went and sat opposite Seraya looking like she had the weight of the world on her shoulders.
“are you ok?” Seraya asked tentatively. Jenna just nodded absentmindedly playing with a coaster on the table.
“I’m sorry I didn’t want to come and cause you more agro but after Friday night and talking to Benji I thought you needed to know, for closure if nothing else. At least you know it wasn’t just Benji’s thoughts Rachel was behind it all the way twisting and manipulating things. Benji is cut up about it and regrets how things played out he’s genuinely sorry and wants to make it right with you. You guys have such a strong commotion do you really want to give up on that.” Seraya said Jenna nodded she understood she really did. She'd known Benji long enough to know how his mind works. He’d have had doubts and insecurities about finally being happy in a relationship with her, the same doubts and insecurities that stopped him from admitting how he really felt about her years ago, which then let Rachel get into his head.
“I get that I really do I’ve known and loved him for over ten years..” Jenna said openly taking Seraya a little by surprise but it gave Seraya hope that Jenna hadn’t given up on Benji completely. “..but I also cant keep defending myself on a daily basis if he allows Rachel’s poison to sway his mind over me and our history then the relationships never going to work. He has to trust me and trust himself first. I’ve worked my whole life to be where I am competitively with the horses and with the nationals coming up I just can’t risk not having my mind focused, you know as well as I do if I start seeing, talking to Benji again its just going to open a massive can of worms.” Jenna said clearly have a heart over head mental battle.
“I appreciate the nationals are a really big priority of yours and by right they should be but please please don’t go cutting your nose off despite your face and miss out on making things right with Benji. If you manage to sort things out it might be better in the long run to clear your head so you don’t have this.. unknown sort of limbo.” Seraya said hopefully trying to persuade her to talk to Benji. Jenna just smiled and shrugged in a we'll see sort of way knowing what Seraya was up too Benji had clearly put her up to this.
“anyways how’s things going with you and Paul?” Jenna smiled switching the spotlight onto her. Seraya paused for a moment knowing Jenna was intentionally changing the subject but then let her knowing she wasn’t going to get any further with Jenna on the Benji subject
“good, really good.” Seraya smiled clearly smitten. Jenna looked at her with raised eyebrows pretending to be unimpressed. “sorry, sorry I didn’t mean to rub it in with your love life being a bit shit at the minute.” Seraya quickly apologised.
“who says it’s shit.” Jenna faked outrage to mess with her more.
“w-what why is there someone.” Seraya exclaimed unable to get her words out quick enough a mix of shock and excited.
“no, no there's not. I’m just messing with you.” Jenna laughed. “I’m more than happy to just have those men in my life for now.” Jenna said nodding to the horses.
“for now so there’s hope for Benji in the future maybe the near future.” Seraya couldn’t help dropping it in cheekily knowing she was pushing he luck.
“drop it.” Jenna warned playfully humouring her.
“pushing your luck again are you.” Max laughed to Seraya walking in over hearing the end of their conversation.
“evidently.” Seraya sighed dramatically joking.
“right well as fun at this is I’m going to go for a bath give you two chance to talk about me.” Jenna joked but they all laughed knowing it was true. Jenna filled her wine glass and went off for a bath.
“so go on how far did you get.” Max said sitting with Seraya knowing she’ll have been trying to twist Jenna’s arm to make it right with Benji.
“well she admitted she's loved him for 10 years!” Seraya sad proudly.
“well yeh we all know that they was basically secret high school sweet hearts with emphasis on secret bit.” Max laughed.
“yes but she actually said it out loud voluntarily.” Seraya smirked.
“ok I’ll give you that one.” Max nodded to her slightly more impressed.
“she’s just built up those wall so hard and fast.” Seraya said slightly defeatedly.
“can you blame her.” Max said in Jenna's defence they all know, him more than anyone else, how much she'd been through in the past with men in her life such as her dad, her brother and her ex Karl then with the added Benji drama.
“No not really but Benji clearly makes her so happy and they’re so good together.” Seraya poured.
“I only partly agree with you there he has also caused her a lot of heart ache and pain recently and brought up a lot of bad shit I thought she'd dealt with and was over. After all the shit she’s had in her life her past demons from her family constantly putting her down then that nobhead Karl destroyed her confidence and trust the last thing she needs is someone who she holds so close to her heart letting her down, questioning her loyalty and her love.” Max said. Seraya took a moment letting Max’s points sink in.
“true very true I hadn’t really thought about it all like that.” Seraya nodded. “I was just thinking of how happy she was when she was with him when everything was fine. At least now though Benji knows his doubts where just his own insecurities that Rachel exploited and got into his head. I think now he see's that and wants to make things right then they can finally be happy together... hopefully.” Seraya pointed out the other side of things.
“that may be the case and I'd love nothing more than a happy ending for both of them but it’s not for us to decided really is it they need to sort it between themselves if they’re going to. There’s already been too much in put from everyone else in what goes on between the two of them.” Max said.
“yeah your right well at least I’ve broke the ice considering she wasn’t answering any of his calls.” Seraya sighed.
“that’s our Jenna stubborn as they come.” Max laughed.
“but on a serious note she’s got a big couple of weeks coming up with the nationals and you and I both know that with Benji will come a lot of shit to deal with for Jenna when she needs her full focus on those horses.” Max said Seraya nodded in agreement. Max and Seraya chatted for a bit longer, Seraya left before Jenna was out of the bath as it was getting late she called her good byes to Jenna through the bathroom door.
The next couple of days went by normally Jenna and Max where will sorting the yard whilst Frankie was away. Jenna had also started to bring her horses back into work rest for the nationals after their little break since the festival.
During lunch time as Jenna walked into the kitchen she over heard Max on the phone ‘...I dunno, I’ll see what I can do but I can’t promise anything... Ok, Yeh I'll talk to you later. Bye’
“who's that and what can’t you promise?” Jenna asked causally as she walked in. Max looked a bit awkward.
“what’s wrong?” Jenna asked looking at him confused.
“it nothing, I can’t anyway.” Max stuttered as if having a mental battle with himself.
“What can’t you do max just spit it out.” Jenna frowned and laughed.
“ok it was Lexi she’s got some big brewery ball tomorrow night and she’s asked if I’ll go with her.” Max said.
“that’s great, you should go.” Jenna smiled happy for him that they seem to be getting closer.
“I can’t it’s not local we'd have to stay away for the night and leave before lunch tomorrow I can’t leave you to do the yard on your own and it’s not nice staying here alone being in the middle of no where not to mention that big storms due to cone over too.” Max said.
“honestly max go I’ll be fine and I can give Jamie a call to come in to help out on the yard whilst it’s the weekend.” Jenna said. There was no way she was letting max miss out on going spending some quality time with Lexi. She also didn’t want Lexi to think he’d rather stay with Jenna since all the drama at the festival. This would hopefully help convince her there was nothing between herself and Max and help rebuild their relationship.
“I can't...”Max said started feeling guilty leaving Jenna even if Jamie helped her on the yard it wasn’t nice staying in a big old farm in the middle of no where alone on a night especially in a storm.
“you can honestly I’ll be fine.” Jenna laughed at his worry. He looked at her not entirely convinced.
“seriously.” Jenna insisted.
“ok but make sure you lock up before Jamie leaves and don’t open the door to anyone and call me so I know your ok before you go to bed.” Max said lectured like a parent leaving a teenager home alone for the first time.
“call her tell her your going. Go and have fun.” Jenna insisted he nodded and went to call Lexi back whilst Jenna arranged for Jamie to come in to help her out on the yard. Jamie was a college student that helped out on the yard some evening and weekends when he wasn’t in college.
Sign up to rate and review this story