Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

22

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2020-02-26 - 6434 words

0Unrated
Meanwhile over on than good Charlotte bus.
Benji Joel Rachel and Billy walked over to the bus in silence.
“Benji...” Joel started.
“I don’t wanna talk about it.” Benji shut down, Joel looked a him for a second and left it going sitting in the front of the bus.
“Benji I know it’s hard right now but you’ve defiantly done the right thing.” Rachel said but clearly too happy about the whole situation. She smiled and went to join Joel in the front of the bus.
“doesn’t feel like it.” Benji mumbled turning towards his bunk.
“Benji...” Billy tried.
“just leave me alone.” Benji grumbled and went in his bunk closing the curtain.
“well I’m here of you wanna talk or anything whenever your ready.” Billy sighed sitting at the dining table choosing not to be in Rachel’s company.
“Do you not think all that was a bit far Rach?” Joel said second guessing the whole situation.
“not at all. They all deserved to know the truth and sometimes you have to make tough decisions I order to not get hurt or make a fool out of yourself in the long run.” Rachel shrugged Joel just eyed her for a second at how ruthless she was being making him second guess if she really did have Benji’s best interests at heart.
“I know but some times things aren’t always that simple. They’re more complicated than black and white.” Joel said unsure.
“sometimes it’s best to just make the complicated more simple.” She shrugged.
“I’m tired I’m going to go to bed.” Joel said feeling a bit uneasy about the whole situation. He wanted to stand by Rachel and he would he loved her but he couldn’t help thinking that she had and ulterior motive.
“night Billy.” Joel said as he walked past Billy who was still sat at the dining area on his way to his bunk. Rachel sat up on her phone for a little while longer before going to bed herself without a word to Billy which wasn’t unusual.
Billy decided to sit up for a little while longer, Paul and Dean still wasn't back from the party but he knew there was a possibility that they might have stayed over with the circus team anyway. However he thought if he knew Benji like he thought he did he would probably still not be sleeping or be able to sleep at all that night so he might want to come out to talk. By 2.20 am he was about to give up and go to bed himself then he heard foot steps coming through.
“Jesus Christ Billy what are you doing up.” Benji mumbled as he got himself a glass of water.
“thought you might like to talk.” Billy said.
“There’s nothing to talk about.” Benji said sadly.
“you sure because you seem like you have a lot on your mind, talking about things might help.” Billy said.
“ok well let me rephrase that there’s nothing I want to talk about.” Benji said quite bluntly. Billy looked a little taken aback by Benji’s attitude towards him. Benji noticed this and instantly felt bad. “ah Billy I’m sorry I didn’t mean it like that, I just my heads all over the place.” Benji sighed sitting opposite Billy. Billy just sat quietly waiting for Benji.
“do you think I did the right thing?” Benji asked quietly.
“that’s not for me to say only you can decide what’s the right thing for you.” Billy said.
“What would you have done if it was you?” Benji tried again hoping to get some input from ‘cryptic’ Billy .
“it’s hard to say not being in that situation myself. I guess I'd just have followed my heart.” Billy said making Benji look regretful.
“I’m so confused I don’t know if I did the right thing.” Benji sighed.
“you’ve got to do what's best for you not what anyone else says or thinks you should do.” Billy said.
“that’s the thing I don’t know if I did.” Benji said quietly.
“well forget everything and everyone else, how do you feel about Jenna?” Billy asked already knowing what the answer would be.
“I love Jenna I always have.” Benji answered without a doubt.
“ok so do you trust her?” Billy asked.
“y-yes.” Benji said with a stutter.
“you don’t sound so sure.” Billy prompted.
“no I do, I totally trust her with my life we’ve always had each others back and known no matter what were there for each other... or well we used to anyway.” Benji tried to explain but Billy understood anyway.
“so erm do you trust her not to lie to you?” Billy asked trying to get things clear in Benji’s head.
“Yes of course.” Benji answered confidently.
“so you trust her when she says she loves you?”
“Yes.” Benji answered again without a doubt.
“can you trust her when she says there’s nothing going on between her and max?” Billy paused before asking the million dollar question.
“I should, I do, I have no reason not to...” Benji struggled. Billy stayed quiet waiting for him to elaborate. “I just no matter how close we are even years ago I’ve always had a paranoid feeling that I’m not good enough for her. Which is why I never made a move back then. She’s so smart, caring, funny, beautiful and witty that I always thought there was someone better for her. Hence were I second guess myself when I see how well she gets along with max. Then Rachel... I guess sees that too.” Benji struggled to explain.
“do you really believe that?” Billy asked.
“...No it’s just when I second guess myself.” Benji said.
“or when Rachel makes you second guess yourself.” Billy said the most direct thing he'd said all night which really put things into perspective for Benji.
“your totally right... but I think its too late now.” Benji trialled off.
“it's not ever too late Benj?” Billy said trying to give him hope.
“I don't see how I can ever come back from this. Maybe after all she is better off without me after all the shit I've caused her lately.” Benji said doubtful.
“you need to let Jenna be the judge off that.” Billy said wisely. “it’s getting late... or early however you want to look at it we should get some sleep.”
“Yeh. Thanks Billy, I’m sorry for being an ass earlier.” Benji said as they stood up about to make their way to their bunks.
“It’s ok, try and get some rest.” Billy nodded. They headed off to their bunks.


The next morning Jenna was up very early before anyone else. She wanted to get on with the horses and packing up so they could leave as soon as possible. Shed been out for just over and hour had the stables emptied and pretty much everything packed in boxes ready to load and was just getting the horses hay nets ready.
“wow who replaced your batteries this morning." Max laughed from the horse box door seeing all what she’d got done, stretching as he'd clearly just woke up.
“I want to just get sorted and get gone as soon as.” Jenna said clearly.
“well cool your jets a minute and I’ll give you a hand going getting dressed. A few minutes later he was dressed and out.
“right where should I start.” He asked knowing it was far easier for both of them if he just got on with what she wanted rather than bringing up the reason she was after a quick get away to avoid having to deal with the Benji situation.
“If you start loading the boxes I can get the horses ready to travel.” Jenna said clearly trying to keep her mind busy with the task at hand.
“morning.” Paul said as he and Dean walked over to them.
“hey did you guys stay here last night.” Jenna grinned.
“yeh I stayed with Seraya.” Paul said smiled as of hinting for them to ask where Dean stayed.
“ah so erm where did you stay Dean?” max smirked.
“erm...” Dean stuttered.
“with Jackie.” Paul burst out for him. Both Jenna and max looked surprised and amused.
“oh my had you've slept with my boss!” Jenna exclaimed laughing.
“shh No, not like that.” Dean laughed.
“are you sure?” max smirked.
“yeh you two looked a bit cosy.” Paul grinned.
“we get a lot really well but that’s all, nothing happened.” Dean said smiling. They all nodded as if to believe him.
“but you wanted there too.” Max smirked to wind him up.
“no.” Dean grinned awkwardly not sounding likened really meant it.
“oh just admit it we don’t mind.” Jenna laughed.
“it’s early days.” Dean smirked trying to draw a line under the subject.
“wow you guys packed quickly.” Paul said noticing the almost fully loaded horse box.
“I’ve been up early, had an early night.” Jenna said clearly trying to make everything sound fine when really she was up early because she hasn’t slept most of the night with all that had gone on but they all just nodded.
“so when do you set off?” Dean asked.
“as soon as we’re packed up and helped over at the big top.” Jenna said.
“so is there no time for a coffee over at our bus... for old time sake?” Paul asked hoping it would get Jenna to go and talk things through with Benji before she left but already knowing what the answer would be.
“No I don’t think so.” Jenna smiled sympathetically knowing she was letting him down.
“I see.” Paul nodded.
“oh come here paul-y it’s been so good running into you guys again and catching up. You look a after your selves and have a safe journey home.” Jenna said pulling him into a hug trying to get the ‘good byes’ over with quickly before they got too emotional.
“don’t say good bye like that.. lie your not intending to see us again soon.” Paul said looking sad. Meaning that if she didn’t sort things with Benji then they may not have reason to see each other as often as they would like.
“I don't mean it like that I’m sure we'll meet up again at some point.” Jenna said.
“you know what I mean.” Paul said eyeing her.
“I know, I know really I do but just... not right now.” Jenna said Paul nodded understanding and respecting her wishes.
“I wish it could be different.” Paula said quietly.
“me too.” Jenna nodded and Paul pulled her into another hug.
“look after her.. I know you will.” Paul said to max. Max nodded and they guy hugged.
“bye Dean was nice meeting you and getting to know you.” Jenna smiled hugging him.
“you too. Hopefully see you again soon." He smiled genuinely. Then Paul and Dean left.
They was pretty much finished within the hour as Jackie came walking over with AJ who went over to speak to max as Jackie spoke to Jenna.
“you two don’t waste any time.” Jackie laughed to Jenna seeing they was pretty much done.
“hoping for a quick get away to get the boys home.” Jenna smiled weakly. Jackie nodded knowing this was how Jenna dealt with things.
“we can come and give you a hand over a the big top now.” Jenna offered knowing they always chipped in once the horses was sorted.
“it’s ok we can handle it over there you get things sorted over here.” Jackie said knowing Jenna was clearly trying to avoid the Benji situation. Jackie was hoping Jenna may have the chance to at least talk to him before she goes even though she knew that’s what Jenna was trying to avoid.
“it’s fine we're sorted here we can come over.” Jenna said not getting what Jackie was getting at by giving her free time.
“honestly we can cope over there you take some time here and then set off once your ready.” Jackie eyed her she didn’t want to push her into anything Jenna didn’t want to do but Jackie thought it might not be a bad idea if Jenna did speak to Benji to try and clear things up a little.
“ok.” Jenna forced a smile and nodded she got what Jackie was getting at but she had no intentions of doing it all she could think of is getting loaded up and leaving. Not because she didn’t care and didn’t want to sort things out with Benji shed love to in an ideal world however as things stood at the minute Jenna couldn’t bare any more pain and heart ache.
Jackie walked away giving Jenna a reassuring smile and AJ walked away with her.
“safe journey back guys.” AJ called to them.
“you too.” Max called.
“call me when you're back safely and we'll talk more.” Jackie said.
“did you get anything from Jenna?” AJ asked Jackie as they was out of ear shot from max and Jenna on their way over to the big top.
“nope she’s very closed off usual Jenna just wanting to hurry problems I hinted subtly to take time to go talk to Benji but I don’t think she will.” Jackie said.
“I got pretty much the same from max.” AJ added.

“want me to drive?” max asked Jenna as they closed the box ramp having just finished loading the horses. Jenna nodded and got into the passenger side door.
“so are we ready to go like now.” Max asked hesitant that he didn’t want to leave and her regret not seeing Benji.
“well yeh.” Jenna answered as if he’d lost his mind.
“are you sure you don’t wanna...” Max tired to ask if she wanted to see Benji or anyone.
“No max just drive.” Jenna said frustatedly clearly fighting back emotions. Max nodded and started the horse box to set off on their long journey back to his and Frankie’s home where they would be staying till the internationals.

Over at the festival everyone was pretty much finished packing up or already packed up and left. The circus guys was all packed up and ready to leave.
“right guys are we ready to set off?” Jackie called.
“give me ten minutes.” AJ said quickly he knew he had to get off his chest. Before anyone could ask he set of over to the Good Charlotte bus hoping to catch them before they left. As he got there they was just closing the bus doors. He ran over knocking on the door.
“AJ we was just about to leave.” Joel said opening the door looking a bit confused at him.
“Don’t worry this won’t take long.” AJ said walking onto the bus Dean, Paul, Billy, Rachel and Benji was all stood there. AJ walked closer to Benji.
“I needed to say I think your totally fucking mad. Jenna and max are the nicest, kind, do anything for you, caring, fun, loyal and genuine people you could ever meet. They’ve known each other for years and years, spent pretty much 24/7 together for the last six years. They supported each other through tough times and built an amazing career together. If and here’s an if, if they wanted to get together there would be no reason why they would have to lie about it or hide it. So why the hell you can’t believe them when they say there’s nothing going on between them other than friendship and can’t believe her or see how much she loves you is beyond me. I’d have thought knowing her as well as you say you do and loving her how you do you would have known all this but apparently not and clearly you don’t deserve her.” AJ said getting it all off his chest that had been bothering him since all this was going on feeling protective for his close friends. Benji just stood there not really knowing what to say but clearly AJs words had hit him hard. “So have a safe trip and good luck for the future.” AJ rounded up to leave not really bothered about hearing what they had to say or having a discussion about it he just wanted to get it off his chest.
“I need to talk to her, should I go talk to her?” Benji said desperately AJ smiled sympathetic shaking his head ‘no'
“she’s already left.” AJ said.
“what do you need to talk to her about. She made the decision she chose max over you. She’s gone now you can move on Benji.” Rachel said.
“No, can you talk to her get her to talk to me please.” Benji said trying to block out Rachel.
“I’ll try but it's up to Jenna she’s been through enough.” AJ said. “anyways like I said, safe trip home guys.” AJ said and left the bus.
“He comes round here giving the whole high and mighty trying to make you feel bad. Well don’t because you’ve got nothing to feel bad about Benji.” Rachel said earning a glare from Paul and a disapproving look from Billy and Dean.
“just leave it Rachel.” Benji said walking off to sit in the back clearly bothered by AJs words.
“you just can’t help some people.” Rachel sighed going to sit in the front of the bus.
“that's enough for now" Joel said quietly to Rachel earning a glare from her. The rest of the bus ride home Joel was sat in the front with Rachel but they wasn't really talking, he was in her bad books for not ‘backing' her. Benji was sat moping in the back room by himself and Billy Paul and Dean was sat in the dining area trying to make general conversation to avoid the tense atmosphere.

Once the good Charlotte guys where home they took a week off before going into the studio to start throwing some ideas around for some new music. During the week off Paul spent a lot of time with Seraya they stayed at each other’s horses almost every night, Paul Billy and Dean had met up a few times. Paul hadn’t seen Benji he was still a bit angry at him from the whole Jenna situation as out of all the guys Paul was the most supportive of Jenna and least liking of Rachel. Joel had met up with Dean and Billy alone a few times discussing how Benji was coping etc. Joel was concerned about Benji as her been very withdrawn and quiet since the whole Jenna situation. Rachel was still in her bubble of he’d done the right thing and could move on. Which in all honesty was the last thing Benji really wanted to do. As time went on he regretted what he'd Done, the decisions he’d made and in turn made Jenna make and of course regretted letting Rachel get into his head once again. He missed Jenna so much which only made him realise how much he loved her and how she'd left an empty space in his heart that he didn't think anything or anyone could ever fill other than Jenna. He’d tried calling her every day none of his calls where answered, He’d left message after message none where replied to.


It was Friday night a week after they’d arrived home from the festival and the guys where meeting up for dinner including Seraya and Rachel. It will be the first time that they’ll all be together at the same time since the festival.
Dean got a lift with Paul and Seraya, whilst Joel drove himself and Rachel and they picked up Billy and Benji on the way. Benji was still being unusually quite for himself. As they all met up at the restaurant and said their hellos to each other, Rachel gave her usual turn her nose up disapproving look at Seraya. Paul gave Seraya a nudge to remind her to just not rise to it for peace sake. Everyone noticed Benji still being quiet and withdrawn. Seraya quite clearly avoided talking to him obviously angry at him and being on Jenna’s side. They ordered food and ate mostly making small talk catching up on what they’d all been up too that week mostly between the guys.
After the meal they was all still sat chatting round the table with some drinks
“so what have the circus guys been up too this week, do you guys see each other much when your not working?” Dean asked Seraya he got eyed slightly by Billy and Joel thinking it was a risky subject to get on to given the situation and the mix of Benji Rachel and Seraya.
“erm it depends really we all do our own thing when we're not performing with the circus but we’re sorta like a family we all talk most days and meet up and support each other.” Seraya answered as best she could without getting into too much detail to risk bringing up Jenna and max.
“yeh we met up with Erin and AJ the other day for lunch didn’t we.” Paul smiled and Seraya nodded.
“do you all live fairly close?” Dean asked.
“Yeh erm Jackie lives on the same street as Erin and AJ and me and Brad live in the same apartment block round the corner from them. The Theriot farm... where Max and Jenna stay is a little further out obviously.” Seraya finished off slightly quieter and more awkwardly bringing up Max and Jenna. Rachel instantly rolled her eyes at the mention of their names.
“I take it everyone is well?” Billy asked.
“Yeh we're all good. Erin and AJ are busy planning their wedding, Jackie’s busy planning the summer schedule and finalising the Christmas one, Brad and Max love the time off obviously (she laughed as did the others knowing Max and Brad loved the down time from working so hard) and.. Jenna... Well like I say we’re all good.” Seraya finished quickly not wanting to go into detail to how Jenna really was. Billy Dean and Joel eyed her for a minute with some concern to what she was avoiding with Jenna, Paul seemed less phased as even though he hadn’t seen or spoke to Jenna he'd heard from Seraya, there was the obvious eye roll from Rachel and Benji who up till now had kept a low profile his head shot up at the mention of her name then went back to avoiding eye contact with people. They all sat in a slightly awkward silence for a minute then the silence was broken by Rachel's phone ringing.
“I need to take this.” She said as if whoever was on the phone was far more important and interesting than everyone sat on the table.
“excuse me.” Benji said a moment later excusing himself to go to the bathroom. As he came out of the bathroom he over heard Rachel on the phone clearly boasting and laughing about the fact that she'd managed to finally get Benji to ‘ditch’ Jenna.
“yeh so I’ve finally managed to get him to ditch that Jenna. Took long enough...revenge is sweet... I just can’t wait till I can stop pretending I did it because I care about him and don’t want him to get hurt by her.” She laughed. Benji had heard all he needed to feeling totally played by Rachel. It must have been Mia who Rachel was on the phone too. He knew he had to try to get round Seraya to help him make it up to Jenna.
“you all right Benj, you was a while.” Billy eyed Benji as he sat back at the table clearly more distracted than he’d been before.
“what, oh yeh.” Benji tired to brush off. Not long after Rachel joined the table again. Benji did his best not to show how angry he was at her for interfering and destroying what he had with Jenna but he knew he had to focus on making it right with Jenna... somehow.
Not long after they called it a night and began to leave the restaurant. Benji hung back to pull Seraya to one side to have a word with her.
“how’s Jenna?” he couldn't help but ask first.
“not really any of you business.” Seraya couldn't help but snap her reply after all that had gone on but then softened a little seeing how hurt he looked.
“she’s... hurt. She’s Jenna she puts on a brave face and tries to soldier on.” Seraya shrugged she needn't say anymore they knew how Jenna reacted to things.
“I um I need your help, I’ve over heard Rachel's phone call before she was boasting about interfering with me and Jenna and getting us to split up. I think she planned it all along. I think She was on the phone to Mia and it was all a revenge plan to twist things.” Benji said sounding hurt and regretful.
“well now why doesn’t that surprise me.” Seraya said sarcastically as everyone thought that was this was the case except Benji and Joel possibly Billy who would have wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt being the nice guy that he is.
“I know I feel so stupid, you have to help me talk to Jenna.” Benji said desperately.
“call her if she wants to hear you out she’ll answer you.” Seraya said bluntly.
“I’ve called her and left messaged every day but she won’t answer.” Benji said sadly
“I’ll see what I can do.” Seraya sighed giving in as angry as she was for Jenna about what had gone on she knew deep down they was great together.
“Thank you, thank you so much.” Benji smiled.
“don’t get your hopes up though I’m not risking her falling out with me over it.” Seraya warned, he nodded.
“Seraya come on what the fuck are you doing.” Paul called impatiently.
“coming.” Seraya shook her head humouring him.
“Jesus did you get lost on the way out.” Paul laughed in his impacientness as Seraya got in the car as Paul drove away, Dean and Paul having already been waiting in the car.
“no erm Benji needed a word with me.” She said hesitant they looked at her questioningly so she filled them in on what Benji had said.


“you ok Benj?” Joel asked as he got in the car at the back with Billy, Rachel looking pissed off in the front.
“yeh just tired.” Benji brushed off not want if to get into anything right now. Billy eyed him knowing there was a lot more too. Joel looked suspicious but just left it there. They got to Benji’s house first.
“erm Benj do you mind if I nip in for a bru? I erm just want to run something by you.” Billy said quickly getting strange looks of Joel and Benji Rachel didn’t seem to be listening at all. “um guitar related, it’s been bugging me for a while, I’ll get a taxi later so you don’t need to wait or anything Joel.” Billy thought of an excuse quickly.
“Yeh I guess.” Benji said still looking confused.
“night bro, Billy.” Joel said still looking confused at them but too tired to put much thought into it.
“so what up Billy?” Benji asked knowing there was more to Billy’s little desire to have a bru with him a this time of night.
“well I was hoping you could tell me. I know something went on at the restaurant.” Billy asked at they was sat in Benji’s kitchen. Benji sighed taking a deep breath then filling Billy in on over hearing Rachel’s phone call and his chat with Seraya.
“wow what you going to do are you going to talk or Joel, Rachel, do you think you can sort things with Jenna? Do you want to sort things with Jenna.” Billy asked.
“yes I want to sort this with Jenna of course I do I want nothing else and now I have actual proof it was all Rachel interfering. I don’t know how to address it with Joel to be honest he’s never going to want to hear anything bad about Rachel and probably won’t accept it anyway going off past experience.” Benji said truthfully.
“I get what you mean with Joel and Rachel you could maybe just be honest say you over heard her and now you know the part she played your more sure of wanting to try and make a go of it with Jenna. Hopefully without causing too much conflict but you know Rachel’s not going to like it. Have you called Jenna?” Billy tried to help.
“I call her almost every day and I’ve left message but she's not answering. I hope Seraya can get through to her. I hope it’s not too late.” Benji said.
“you know you have a lot of making up to do a lot of trust to build back up with Jenna it’s probably not going to be easy and will take time.” Billy said.
“She’s totally worth it. I’ve messed up so badly she’ll probably hate me forever anyway.” Benji said.
“have hope. I’ve seen the way she looks at you and you her.” Billy smiled. “could you not go see her?” Billy suggested.
“I don’t know the address of the farm I’d have to hope Seraya or someone would tell me.” He said. Billy nodded knowing that it might be difficult as the circus team was very protective over Jenna and if Jenna didn’t want to see him they’d respect that and not tell him or anyone where she is. They chatted a little longer and Billy ended up staying over the night instead of getting a taxi so late and Benji would drive him home the next day.

jump back a week earlier to when they first left the festival
At Theriot farm Max and Jenna had just arrived greeted by Frankie. They got the horses settled in their stables and left the unpacking till the next day as both Max and Jenna where shattered from travelling. Frankie could tell there was something wrong more so with Jenna but also Max too. As they went into the large grand farm house authentically decorated with a modern twist Jenna went up to the spare room she always stayed in with en suit bathroom to have a shower.
Max and Frankie avoided talking about ‘the problem’ whilst Jenna was in the shower. They ordered Chinese take away that arrived right on queue as Jenna got out the shower. She came down to the kitchen in her PJs feeling refreshed and more relaxed.
“vino.” Frankie said handing her a large glass of wine as they went to join Max at the table for the Chinese.
“oh you do spoil me.” Jenna said over dramatically and they laughed. They started eating Frankie eyeing the pair of them wanting to know what was wrong.
“ok right spill what’s up, what’s happened? Please don’t tell me you two have slept together again.” Frankie burst out unable to wait any longer to find out.
“no, no we haven’t.” Max laughed shaking his head at her unable to help a little laugh at his sisters out burst.
“no we’re still paying for the last time.” Jenna sighed.
“what’s that supposed mean?” Frankie frowned and they filled her in on all what happened over the festival.
“shit.” Frankie said after a pause when they where done.
“shit. That’s all you can say. Jesus we are fucked if Mrs opinion on everything is speechless.” Jenna said with humour.
“cheeky cow.” Frankie laughed at their banter.
“ok, ok so just to be clear, now don't loose your shit at me, there’s absolutely nothing between you two?” Frankie said wanting to be clear but already believing that there wasn’t anyway.
“NO!” Jenna frowned frustrated.
“defiantly not.” Max answered more calmly.
“Ok ok I do believe you I just wanted to have it said in black and white.” Frankie said holding her hands up in defence.
“so where you as with Lexi?” Frankie asked looking at Max. He shrugged taking a moment to answer.
“not far to be honest. We was just starting to get reacquainted again and things was going well until she found out about that night and now she’s trying to get her head round it. She's not 100% sure that there’s nothing between me and Jenna so doesn’t want to risk getting hurt.” Max explained.
“but she knows you guys. Surely she knows not to listen to Rachel.” Frankie frowned.
“I think deep down she does but her heads telling her to sit on the side of caution.” Max said.
“so are you speaking?” Frankie asked.
“yeah she’s just a bit reserved.” Max said.
“and what about you and Benji?” Frankie turned to Jenna.
“there is no me and Benji.” Jenna said simply.
“really? Is that being a bit dramatic.” Frankie said looking like she didn’t believe Jenna.
“no not at all. He’s second guessed me several times and to ask me to choose between my friendship with Max or relationship with him is the last straw.” Jenna said.
“I totally get that. That is bang out of order no one should think they can make anyone choose between anyone in the lives but are you sure your so final about it.” Frankie asked knowing how much Jenna and Benji meant to each other.
“It has to be. We can’t keep going round in that same cycle of getting on then him second guessing me then him apologising again. It’s just... no.” Jenna said clearly fighting back emotion.
“only if your sure you know we all just want you to be happy.” Frankie said sympathetically. They all went quiet a minute.
“so how did the festival go otherwise?” Frankie asked trying to lighten the mood.
“good it was good fun.” Max said.
“yeh it went well.” Jenna nodded.
“horses all Ok?” Frankie asked.
“they’re fab, can’t fault them.” Jenna beamed at her passion. “how’s Bolero?” Jenna asked about the newest horse herself and Frankie had bought.
“she’s great coming along well you'll have to have a sit on now your back.” Frankie smiled.
“can’t wait." Jenna smiled. Max rolled his eyes playfully at them ‘horse talking’.
“there’s actually something I need to ask you guys.” Frankie started cautiously. “I don’t know how great the timing is for you but I need to ask a favour really.” Frankie carried on.
“bloody hell Frankie spit it out.” Jenna laughed.
“well you see mikes (Frankie’s long term boyfriend) been wanting to go away for a while but I’ve not had anyone cover looking after the yard. I was hoping whilst you guys are already here and not got much on if you’d be so kind as to cover the yard for me please. I know it’s a big ask.” Frankie asked as sweetly as she could.
“this is supposed to be time off for us not to mention your always like ‘ooo we need to see each other more’ and now we’re here your dropping us like a hot potato to go sun yourself.” Max said half serious half banter.
“oh shut up you crank.” Jenna laughed hitting max on the shoulder. “course we'll sort the yard for you. You deserve a holiday.” Jenna smiled at Frankie.
“are you sure?” Frankie said hopeful looking between the two of them.
“Yes.” Jenna smiled.
“no.” Max said at exactly the same time as Jenna. It was obvious he would do it but he just wanted to be awkward to mess with Frankie
“ah max come on please I'd owe you big time.” Frankie said knowing she needed both of them to do it with the work load as Mike helps her on the yard.
“it’s ok Frank's I’ll sort it I can manage on my own.” Jenna said with a hidden agenda she knew it was a lot for one person and there’s no way Max would let her take it on alone especially considering the recent shit with Benji he'd be wary of her going off the rails over working herself to take her mind off things again.
“oh no I cant let you do it alone.” Frankie looked concerned and guilty.
“it’s fine honestly I’ve not got anything else planned.” Jenna keeping her poker face well.
“no no way you can’t do it all alone, I’ll just have to help you.” Max sighed giving in as he knew he would anyway. “but you owe me big time.” Max said to Frankie. Jenna was smirking when max looked at Frankie, Frankie noticed and it clicked what Jenna’s plan was.
“I do and it’s totally appreciated.” Frankie said trying to hide a smirk.
“what what are you smirking at.” Max caught the look between the two of then.
“nothing.” Jenna grinned.
“I’ve been played haven’t I.” Max laughed catching on to what’s just happened.
“maybe a little.” Frankie laughed.
“but we know it because your such a good guy and brother.” Jenna smiled squeezing his cheeks cheesily.
“you both owe me.” Max laughed shaking his head.
“when do you go?” Jenna asked.
“Wednesday.” Frankie smiled with a flinch.
“the day after tomorrow!” Jenna laughed.
“yeah is that Ok I'll go through everything with you tomorrow as many times as you want.” Frankie said panicking slightly.
“it’s fine I know the most of it anyway.” Jenna smiled.
They stayed up till the early hours of the morning chatting laughing and drinking.
Sign up to rate and review this story