Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

21

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2020-02-20 - 5244 words

0Unrated
The next week was the last week of the festival it went by pretty much as normal everyone doing their thing the circus guys and good Charlotte guys continued to hang out and get along well, Rachel was still a difficult moody grump but they was all used to her by now. Joel and Jenna managed to maintain their friendship regardless of Rachel. Benji and Jenna where very much loved up. Erin and AJ continued wedding plans Lexi and max spent time together either out on their own in their free time or Lexi joining in with the big group hanging out. Everyone liked Lexi it was hard not too she was a nice easy going girl around.
On the last night of the festival they had a big leaving party for everyone involved over by the main stage area before everyone started to pack up and leave the next day.
Jenna and max had finished up the horses for the night and was in the horse box getting ready for the party. Max was ready first so he cracked open a bottle of beer and hoped on the counter talking to Jenna whilst she finished off her hair and make up
“I can’t believe the festivals over now.” Jenna said with a slight pout.
“I know it’s been eventful to say the least but good fun for the most part.” Max said.
“that’s for sure.” Jenna laughed.
“are you at all worried about not seeing Benji every day?” max asked cautiously.
“erm no not really.” Jenna said not too convincing.
“that didn’t sound too sure.” Max noted out loud.
“hmm just obviously time apart is never going to be easy is it and.. I’ll miss him.” She paused before she admitted the last bit knowing he’s make fun of her for being soppy.
“aww you big softy aren’t you really.” Max laugh not able to resist. She just glared at him finding the funny side anyway. “but there’s ways round that anyway, like your not overly busy when we first go back then your at home training for the nationals. Over winter circus stuff slows down except near Christmas and I’m sure Benji has time off... just means lots more traveling for the two of you.” Max smiled
“yeah I know just..” Jenna nodded but clearly something else was bothering her.
“Rachel. Don’t worry about her I’m sure you’ve all moved on from that now.” Max said trying to reassure her but not 100% sure himself if once Jenna wasn’t around as much if Rachel chose to get into Benji's head she would.
“I hope so.” Jenna said thoughtful for a moment. “so is the lovely Lexi Joining us tonight.” Jenna grinned trying to lighten the mood again.
“hopefully yes she’s got some stuff to sort out at the club but them she’s hoping to come by later.” Max explained. Then there was a knocking at the door max went and got it as Jenna finished up. Jenna heard Erin and AJs voices come into the horse box.
“hey guys.” Jenna said walking out the bathroom to them.
“hey we thought we could walk over to the party together if your ready.” Erin said.
“yah sure I just need to find my...” Jenna started looking round the horse box.
“..bag.” max said holding it out by her.
“like a well oiled machine.” AJ laughed at the pair of them.
“where’s the other's?” Jenna asked as they started walking across to the party.
“Paul came over for Seraya and Brad and with them. Jackie’s on a phone call she said she’d meet us over there.” Erin explained.
As they arrived at the party it was very busy in full swing. Jenna seen Benji stood with his back to her talking to some guys from the festival, she grabbed a drink then made her way over to Benji. The guys he was talking to had left just as she got to him. She wrapped her arms around him from behind.
“hey handsome.” She whispered in his ear kissing him on the cheek. He turned round in her arms smiling.
“well hello beautiful.” He said pulling her in for a kiss that got a little heated.
“Hey put each other down it’s too early for that we’ve got to party!” Seraya called marching over to them they looked at her and laughed clearly she had already had a few drinks.
“having fun seraya?” Jenna laughed.
“yes well sort of I'd be having more fun if I was dancing however considering Paul won’t dance and neither will Benji we'll have to dance with each other.” Seraya grinned. Jenna looked over to Benji not really wanting to leave him she wanted to make the most of the time they had led together in the festival. He nodded and smiled.
“fine come on.” Jenna laughed “just the one though these shoes aren’t made for dancing.” Jenna said motioning to her large stiletto heel designer shoes. Jenna may have spent most of her time in breeches and trackies doing the horses but she did pride herself in dressing up well especially with her beautiful collection of expensive designer shoes.
Jenna and Seraya's one dance turned into three by the time Erin, Brad, max, Jackie, Dean and Joel had joined in. Benji, Paul Billy and AJ was sat talking having some beers at the bar.
“ah that’s enough dancing I need a drink.” Jenna said sitting down next to Benji at the bar.
“that’s the best thing I've heard you say all night.” Benji laughed hopeful that she wouldn’t be trying to get him to dance later. Jenna gave him a playful shove. The four of them chatted and people watched for a while, occasionally chatting to other people who’ve worked the festival. Benji and Jenna sat closely with Benji’s arm around her shoulders leaning on the back of her chair.
“ok listen up everyone one.” Jackie called as everyone in their group looked over to her from where they was dotted around the area by the bar and a few tables they seemed to have took over.
“a quick toast...” Jackie started always a fan of making toasts at get togethers.
“quick pass the prosecco bottles around she’s off again.” AJ laughed handing round a few bottles making everyone else laugh.
“as I was saying a quick toast to everyone. It has been a fantastic festival all these talented people coming together to put on an amazing performance day after day. Well done to you all and cheers to old friends and new friends we’ve made along the way.” Jackie raised her glass and everyone else followed with a cheers.
Everyone went back to mingling Jenna had nipped over to do a quick check on the horses, as she joined back in the party by max she seen Lexi just arriving.
“Lexi, you made it.” max smiled as Lexi walked over to them
“Lexi hey.” Jenna smiled.
“I need a word.” Lexi said to max seriously, max looked confused.
“I’ll leave you guys to it.” Jenna said looking between Max's confused expression and Lexi’s seriousness.
“No stay it involves you too.” Lexi said plainly hardly looking at Jenna. Jenna looked concerned this wasn’t like Lexi at all they’d always got along well.
“I erm, I’m sorry but I can’t do this any more it’s been great seeing you guys again but I just can’t allow myself to fall for you again knowing there’s a high possibility I’m going to get hurt.” Lexi said clearly struggling with the decision she'd made. They started to draw the attention others around them who noticed something was wrong to how serious the three of them where.
“W-what do you mean I thought we was getting along and...” max stuttered clueless to where this was coming from.
“I seen how close you two are and I had my suspicions that there was something more than friendship there but then when I found out your slept together too. I just can’t do it I can’t allow myself to fall to you if there’s possibly something between the two of you.” Lexi said clearly having a difficult time coming to the decision to protect herself from the possibility of getting hurt.
“Wow wow Lexi wait a minute there is nothing going on between me and max that night was a total drunken mistake and will never happen again.” Jenna spoke up first as max still looked taken aback. Then Jenna caught Rachel out the corner of her eye looking over smirking stood Joel and Benji who where busy talking to some of the guys who worked doing the equipment on the main stage.
“This has got you written all over it!” Jenna shouted pointing at Rachel which defiantly got the attention of everyone around them.
“Jen what’s up, are you ok?” Seraya said concerned.
“I only told her the truth.” Rachel said smugly.
“It doesn’t matter who told me, it matters that it’s true. I want to believe you I really do but I just, I can’t when I see the way you two are around each other.” Lexi said.
“Lexi you know me, you know us (he pointed between Jenna and himself) we've all known each other since we was kids. Yes we’re close yes we live together and work together we get along really well but we’re like family, I think of Jenna like my sister and likewise we don’t have romantic feelings for each other.” Max said.
“if it wasn’t for the fact that you have slept together and slept together recently at that I probably would look past it and given us a go but I just can’t allow myself to let my guard down knowing you two have crossed that line once already.” Lexi said emotionally.
“See Benji when are you going to open your eyes to it! this has gone on long enough everyone sees it, she sees it (pointing at Lexi) even his sister (pointing at max) noticed at one point she’s playing you.” Rachel exclaimed to Benji who looked a bit like a dear trapped headlights.
“Oh and here we go again round in the same circles Benji knows better than to listen to you don’t you Benji.” Jenna looked at Benji as if for him to explain to Lexi he’d been there with Rachel trying to convince him something was going on between herself and max but knew and believed there wasn’t but he didn’t he just stood quiet looking a little unsure.
“Benji?... oh come on we are not going there again are we.” Jenna said looking let down hurt and annoyed all at the same time to be back here again with Benji.
“Lex that was one very very stupid drunken night that has never and will never happen again me and Jen are close friends but that’s as far as it goes there are no romantic feelings there what so ever.” Max tried to explain again. “I thought you would have understood that ask anyone here.” Max said pointing round to everyone.
“It’s bullshit everyone who knows max and Jenna well enough knows there’s nothing going on but a great friendship.” AJ spoke up proactively clearly irritated at the accusations being thrown at his friends again.
“And I’ve never seen max look at another girl like you Lexi.” Erin smiled reassuringly.
“Yeh anyone can see how much Jenna loves Benji.” Seraya said as if it was the most obvious thing.
“Benji she might love you but I don’t doubt for a second that she lives him too.” Rachel said convincingly to Benji.
“Benji let's not go here again we’ve been though all this don’t let her get into your head again.” Jenna said emotionally pleading with her eyes.
“Look I don’t know all what’s going on here between you all but I... I have to go Max.” Lexi said trying to walk away.
“No Lex,i no please just wait.” Max pleaded.
“Max I can’t, I just I can’t be with you whilst you two are as close as you are so I’m just going to leave now. Good bye max.” Lexi said clearly emotional and walked off max looked back to Jenna who was in equally as difficult situation possibly needing his back up and back to where Lexi had just left Jenna eyed him and nodded for him to go after her to which he hesitated not wanting to abandon his friend but then ran after Lexi.
“See Benji you need to take note from Lexi she’s got her eyes open to it all. There’s no way either of them can commit to a relationship because they love each other.” Rachel carried on looking pleased with herself to how well she’s managing to manipulate the situation.
“Don't you think you've done enough already.” Jenna flew at Rachel in a fit of rage after trying to plead with Benji through their eye contact.
“Jenna you don’t want to deal with this like that.” Jackie warned Jenna not wanting her to get herself into any more trouble by attacking Rachel. Rachel just stood back slightly holding her hands up pretending to be defenceless but with a smug smirk at Jenna knowing she was winning.
“So if what I’m saying isn’t true than why’s she getting so angsty about it.” Rachel said
“Benji we’ve been through this on more than one occasion you know us both better, you know me better than that.” Jenna said quietly and calmer to him. “I love you.” Benji just looked at her looking torn in his mind.
“If you love him then prove it.” Rachel said matter of factly Jenna raised her eyebrows at her as if what s that supposed to mean.
“Well like Lexi said if you two don’t love each other and are serious about Benji and Lexi then choose.” Rachel said smugly dropping the final nail in the coffin Jenna looked at her for a moment unsure of what she was suggesting as did everyone else then as she realised what she meant she looked at her like she was crazy. Everyone else looked at Rachel shocked and or as if she was crazy. As Jenna looked to Benji expecting him to share the same views as her and everyone else to her shock he actually looked at her seriously.
“You can’t actually agree with her.” Jenna said in disbelief reading Benji’s eyes.
“Well let's be honest it would make things a lot simpler and in theory solve everyone’s problems.” Benji said to everyone's especially Jenna's shock.
“You want me to choose between my friendship with Max or my relationship with you.” Jenna said to be clear. He looked at her seriously with a little nod. She shook her head in disbelief. Everyone looked on in shock, suspense and tension running high.
Jenna’s decision was clear in her head she didn’t need any time to think about her decision to her it was a no brainer. She looked away from everyone taking a moment to think about all that had gone on over the festival how bitter sweet it was that she’d reunited with Benji again but then all the drama that had come with it was exhausting.
“I’m sorry Benji I love you I really do...” Jenna said quietly everyone gasped thinking she was going to agree not to see max any more then started to look away uncomfortably and the circus team sadly. “... but your not going to like my answer.” Jenna said seriously Benji’s face fell everyone else shot their heads back up as Jenna continued.
“see I told you she loved him more.” Rachel said triumphantly and happily.
“By asking me to choose Benji it proves that I can’t be with someone who would put me in a position like that. It’s hurts that you would even consider it let alone listen and believe her over me time and time again.” Jenna said Benji nodded looking down clearly devastated at how this has all unfolded starting to regret his actions. “Just think about one thing if she really cared about you and your best interests then why is she so happy and gloating right now.” Jenna said giving him food for thought to how Rachel who was supposed to care about him was so happy now he was hurting.
Jenna turned walking over to the table perching on it pouring herself a glass of prosecco she was determined not to leave the party she had done nothing wrong. No body moved or knew what to do at first Jenna calmly sipped her prosecco expressionlessly as she thought to herself how max was getting on with Lexi.
Benji stood there numbly wondering how this all happened. He’d allowed Rachel to get into his head again playing on his insecurities. It all just spiralled especially considering Lexi seemed to have the same thoughts too. He was heartbroken he’d pushed Jenna too far and lost her. He loved her so much he wished things where different but he just didn’t know how to come back from all of this.
“Benji man what the actual fuck.” Paul exclaimed to him in disbelief as he had always believed in Jenna and Benji’s relationship.
“Come on Benj I think we should go back to the bus.” Joel said ushering Benji away.
“Really because I think he needs to go do some grovelling big time.” Paul said angrily.
“Well no one cares way you think Paul.” Rachel snapped irritably. Joel shot her to ‘cool it’ look.
Paul glared at them and walked over to Seraya and the rest of the circus team who where around Jenna but none of them really knew what to say or do. Joel, Rachel and Benji went off to the buses and Billy followed hoping he could maybe be a voice of reason and Dean went to join Paul with the circus team.
“shit guys what do we do.” Erin whispered as they all looked on at Jenna staring into space emotionlessly sipping her prosecco.
“I don’t know this is one of those times where we need max to come to the rescue.” Seraya said. They all turned to look at the next best thing.. Jackie but for once even Jackie was speechless looking on at her girl devastated for her.
“I actually don't know what to say.” Jackie shook her head quietly. Just then Max appeared and everyone gave a small sigh of relief.
“what's up, what’ve I missed.” Max asked worriedly seeing everyone's expressions as they looked over to Jenna. He took the hint and went and sat next to her on the table. Jenna didn’t act like she'd noticed Max at first but then as she downed the last bit of prosecco in her glass and turned to pour herself another she poured a second and handed it to Max. As she looked him in the eye briefly for the first time make up ran slightly with the tears she fought to keep back then looked away.
“Jen...” Max asked quietly not really knowing what to start with.
“So um he asked me to choose between our friendship and him.” Jenna said numbly voice husky from emotion. Max tried not to look shocked or any of the other emotions he was feeling right now to be strong for Jenna. He nodded pretending he understood as he thought this was going along the lines of she chose Benji. “I choose you.” She said looking back at him again he tried to hide the look of shock and relief then felt bad for feeling relieved as for her that meant she’s just broken up with the love of her life. “put in that position by anyone I would always choose our friendship first.” She continued he nodded he understood Jenna was not the type of person you can manipulate by giving he ultimatum.
“this is all so fucked up. If it wasn’t for that Rachel dripping here poison everywhere.” Max sighed and shook his head.
“It is what it is I guess. There must have been some part of Benji that believed her for him to get caught up in it.” Jenna sighed.
“you know you don't have to be so calm about it. It’s ok to be hurt and angry. You can shout, scream even beak something but please don’t bottle it all up we don’t need you on self destruct again.” Max said worried about her.
“There’s no point I don’t have the energy any more this whole this has been draining. I’ll just be glad we're leaving tomorrow and we can just forget the whole thing.” Jenna said finishing her drink and pouring another draining the bottle.
“you don’t mean that." Max said cautiously.
“I do.” Jenna nodded still in a numb blur. They stayed silent for a minute.
“you know I'd totally understand if you wanted to make a go of it with him.” Max said quietly meaning he would be willing to sacrifice their friendship if it was what she wanted to make a go of a relationship with Benji because he cared about her so much.
“And that's why I'd always choose you.” Jenna smiled fondly at him. Max smiled back and pulled her into his chest for a hug. After a minute or so they pulled away then finished their drinks. “we need more.” She said looking round the table there was no more left so she got up to go to the bar to get another bottle. “I’ll be right back.” As she went to the bar she noticed Jackie AJ Erin Brad seraya Paul and Dean stood looking on in concern, others that was in the area witnessing the recent drama had gone back to going about their business at the party thankfully.
“lighten up guys it’s a party” Jenna smiled to them on the way past clearly just putting on a brave face. They got the hint to just not make a fuss right now. They all awkwardly made an attempt to make it look like they was doing their own thing Jenna went and sat back at the table with max. They was now sat opposite each other on the benches instead of perching on the table. Jenna poured them both more prosecco. Jackie and everyone was breaking off trying to go about their business chatting between themselves, mingling in the party, splitting of to go to the bar or sitting on the near by tables but they all still kept a concerned eye on max and Jenna.
“anyone would think we’re celebrating.” Max laughed at how ironic it was considering the recent situation they was drinking bubbly.
“depends how you look at it, we could be.” She shrugged with a bit of a smirk but no matter how much she tired to make light of the situation you could clearly see the hurt and pain in her eyes.
“so how'd it go with Lexi? Did you catch up with her?” she asked eyeing him knowing what he was like he’d rather talk about her problems than open up and address his own.
“Yeh I caught up with her. She um she just seemed really confused. I suppose I can’t really blame her you know with our history I acted like a total nob before she left for uni she has every right to hate me from that. I think deep down she knows me and you are just friends but then she’s just second guessing herself with not seeing us for so long and then Rachel’s little input clearly doesn’t help. She's just trying to protect herself I guess.” Max said Jenna just listened letting him finish before she spoke.
“you can’t keep getting hung up in the past you two got along so well this week you seem to be past your bad break up.” Jenna said.
“I know I thought we was too but then she found out about us sleeping together and I have no doubt it was put to her in the worse way possible from Rachel. She just can't get past that at the moment.” Max said.
“urgh that one stupid night keeps biting us in the ass, what the hell was we thinking.” Jenna said putting her head in her hands frustrated.
“we wasn’t tequila did that for us.” Max laughed.
“I know and look how fucked up its made everything. It’s so bad.” Jenna said sounding stressed.
“It wasn’t that bad.” Max laughed taking her more literally.
“well no, obvs.” She laughed for a second then turning serious again.
“seriously forget about it. It happened big deal we was both single, plenty other single people have a one night stand and don’t get shit for it. We’re cool about it, we knowing doesn’t affect our friendship and it certainly clarifies the fact we know we don’t see each other in that way at all. If others don’t get that then that’s their problem.” Max said. Jenna gave a small smile and nodded agreeing with him.
“still would have been a lot easier if it didn’t happen.” Jenna said.
“well it did and we can’t change that.” Max smiled.
“so how did you leave it with Lexi are you going talk or meet up again?” Jenna asked.
“I erm did my best to explain everything and filled her in on the fact Rachel was out to cause as trouble as possible as oppose to ‘doing a good deed’ I think some got through to her but she still seemed bothered about us sleeping together, I reassured her the best I could. We haven’t made any plans but hopefully given time to think about things and let things sink in hopefully she’ll take into consideration the years she’s known us (him and Jenna’s friendship) and then our feelings for each other (max and Lexi) over a drunken one night stand and a vicious trouble makers opinion.” Max said with a sigh and a smile.
“I hope so I really do. Then at least one of us can salvage a relationship out of this shit show.” Jenna said in her bluntness.
“don’t write yourself and Benji off just yet.” Max said reassuringly.
“I dunno, how am I supposed to be in a relationship with someone who doesn’t trust me.” Jenna said.
“I don’t think it’s that he doesn’t trust you. Remember what Joel spoke to you about his insecurities feeling like he wasn't good enough for you, Rachel just knows how to play on his weakness.” Max said.
“true but still given our history how close we was and how we used to be. Like I know for a fact we would have trusted each other with our lives hands down no mistake we put each other first yet now it feels like he's all in then we get a bump in the road and I get pushed to the back seat. He would never have been like that years ago he would have had my back regardless.” Jenna said emotionally max just nodded sympathetically knowing there was nothing he could say to that.
They sat in silence for a minute finished their drinks, Jenna poured out the last of their second bottle into each of their glasses.
“should we go join them for a bit.” He motioned over to the other guys sat round a large table.
“I suppose so, stop their eyes burning holes into the backs of our heads.” Jenna laugh.
“yeh they’re not exactly discreet are they.” Max laughed. As they walked over to the table max sat down between Brad and AJ who gave him supportive pats on the shoulder. Jenna went over to Paul wrapping her arms around his shoulders in a hug and leaning round to him.
“thank you for trying to stick up for me Paul-y it’s very much appreciated.” She smiled.
“any time, always. Like I said Benji needs his fucking head testing I honestly don’t know what’s got into him.” Paul said pulling her to sit down between him and Dean, Seraya on his other side.
“well Rachel for one but I guess maybe it’s just not meant to be anymore.” Jenna shrugged. Again you could clearly see no matter how much she was making light of the situation you could still see the hurt and pain in her eyes and hear it in her voice.
“I’m sure that’s not the case you two are sole mates, to whether he actually deserves you at the moment the way he's acting is a different story though.” Paul said Jenna just smiled at him appreciatively truth being it hurt too much for her to talk about it too much right now.
They all hung out talking (avoiding talking about the max/Lexi/Jenna/Benji situation) and drinking together for a while longer making the most of their last night all together before they all left the festival the next day to go their separate ways.
“right I’m shattered guys I’m going to head back.” Jenna announced with a sigh standing up to leave the table.
“I’ll come with you.” Max said even though he was mid conversation with Brad Dean and Jackie you could tell if she hadn’t have said she wanted to leave he wouldn’t b wanting to leave yet however he didn’t want her alone either.
“No, no it’s fine you stay I'm fine.” She smiled to him he eyed her for a minute. “honestly.” She nodded.
“I’ll walk you back, I’m knackered anyway.” AJ said standing up which put Max’s mind at rest.
“erm babe I’m going to be here a while longer.” A very drunken Erin giggled with Seraya to AJ.
“you guys have fun.” AJ said with a laugh. AJ and Jenna linked arms and headed over to the circus area.
“how you feeling?” AJ asked .
“tired, drained, hurt, angry you name if no probably feel it.” She said sounding fed up.
“it’ll get better, things always have a way of working themselves out. You can get through this.” AJ said giving her a little squeeze.
“roll on tomorrow morning.” Jenna sighed. AJ just nodded.
“right will you be ok or I can come in for a bit.” AJ said as they got to the door of the horse box.
“I’ll be fine, thank you.” Jenna smiled.
“ok well try and have a good sleep, see you in the morning.” AJ said.
“night AJ.” Jenna smiled closing the door getting ready for bed.
Sign up to rate and review this story