Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

20

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2020-02-10 - 5378 words

0Unrated
The rest of the week went by as usual everyone busy doing their thing within the festival. The circus guys and good Charlotte guys hung out a lot as they was all getting to be close friends now. Jenna and Joel where getting along like the old days when they had a close friendship. Even Rachel managed to keep her opinions to herself minus the few clear glares and scowls.

It was the morning of Jenna’s birthday and as she got up and walked into the main part of the horse box to her surprise max was already up.
“happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, your another year older and you look like it too.” Max sang cheesily and laughing as he handed her a cup cake with a single candle in it. She glared at him but couldn’t help letting out a laugh.
“it must be my birthday if you up and ready before me.” She laughed as she accepted the cupcake blowing the candle out and taking it out putting it on the side as they walked out the door to start the horses she started to eat the cupcake.
“I actually can’t believe your eating that so early in the morning.” Max shook his head laughing.
“well looks like I’ll need something to get me through today and it’s too early for alcohol so sugar will have to do.” She laughed as she looked round at the various birthday signs and balloons dotted around no doubt down to seraya with the help of Erin.
They got the horses ready for the first show and started the yard jobs. As they went over to do the first show everyone was stopping Jenna to wish her happy birthday giving her hugs and kisses. Jenna and max worked through their lunch to do prep for that evening to make sure the had time to get ready to go the club.
They did their second show and then Jenna and max finished off the horses whilst the rest of the circus team finish off at the big top.
“so are you going over to the girls’ RV to get ready?” max asked as that’s what she would often do as their RV was bigger and it was a bit of a girly thing. They headed into the horse box once the horses where finish.
“no I think I’ll just make do here as we don’t have a lot if time and you know seraya and Erin will take ages getting ready.” Jenna explained and max nodded.
About an hour later max was ready and waiting for Jenna to finish off getting ready. When she came out if the back room he had to do a double take.
“holy mother fucking shit.” He exclaimed.
“is that a good thing?” Jenna laughed.
“more than a good thing, Benji had best realise what a lucky guy he is.” Max laughed.
Jenna had her hair in loose wet look curls, her classic big Smokey eye make up, little black dress that was backless that tied at the top to show off her full back Dragon tattoo, it was loose and full front with diamantes, bat wing sleeve and very short and fitted around her hips and bum with her classic louboutin shoes.
“ah shit I didn’t think this part through did I.” She said as she opened the door to the muddy grassy area in front of horse box.
“I’ve got this.” Max said without warning throwing her over his shoulder in a fireman’s lift as she squealed trying to make sure her ass was at least covered.
As they got to the gravely area by the RVs where everyone was meeting up and pretty much everyone was there he placed her down and she fixed her hair and dress again.
“always do know how to make an entrance.” AJ laughed.
“we had a louboutin and mud crisis.” Jenna exclaimed with a laugh.
“yeh so before you get any ideas don’t.” Max said firmly and seriously in a taking no shit way to Rachel who had already started to pull her face.
“max leave it.” Jenna said quietly eyeing him as everyone looked on unsure of how to react.
“right well birthday girl this is for you from all of us.” Jackie quickly diverted the subject handing Jenna a rather large wrapped up box.
“aw guys you didn’t have to.” Jenna smiled taking the box and opening it. “wow you really didn’t have to but thank you all very much.” Jenna smiled as it was the very expensive equestrian boots shed had her eye on for a while. She went round each of them giving the a hug and kiss on the cheek.
“you look smoking by the way.” Seraya said to her as she hugged her.
“totally fucking killing it.” Erin said.
“I hope Benji appreciates how lucky he is.” AJ smiled.
“you know where to find me if anything goes wrong with Benji, ever.” Brad said containing the play flirting they had going on. It was common knowledge he had a crush on Jenna since forever but knew nothing would ever happen and accepted that. Jenna just raised her eyebrows at him with a humorous look.
“Thank you I know only you would have known.” Jenna smirked winking at max knowing full well only he would have had the first clue of which boots to pick.
“we all chipped in too.” Paul beamed.
“Thank you all very much.” She smiled at him giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek followed by Billy then Dean and then Joel who hesitated for a second after getting a look from Rachel but then thought better of it and ignored Rachel accepting Jenna’s hug.
“come here you.” She smiled getting to Benji last but not least. They hadn't seen each other all day and only briefly the day before due to festival commitments. They kissed briefly on the lips then hugged.
“I have a gift for you later too.” Benji whispered to her meaning innocently he actually did have a gift but only thought after he said it how suggestive it sounded. Jenna looked at him with a smirk eyebrows raised.
“oh have you really.” Jenna laughed.
“I didn’t mean it like that, but well we can do but I do have an actual gift too.” He stuttered laughing.
“both sound good to me.” She grinned letting out a laugh.
“Ok break it up you two taxis are here.” Jackie called as they all filtered into the taxis to the club.

As they arrived outside the club there was a massive queue outside.
“aw no way I so don’t have the right shoes on to be standing around queuing for ages.” Seraya complained.
“me neither.” Erin agreed.
“Jen where are you going there not just going to let you in because you say its your birthday.” Paul laughed.
“I know the owner and we’ve got reservations in a the VIP area.” Jenna smiled smugly as they all thought they was clever getting her to go out for her birthday but what they didn’t realise is shed actually played them the whole time. Most reactions where of surprise, relief and humour.
“what’s she had relations with them too.” Rachel muttered Jenna eyed her in a ‘I got that but I’m choosing not to react to it’ way.
“you know the owner?” max laughed in surprise.
“Yes, as do you.” Jenna smiled. Max and everyone else looked confused.
“what do you mean, who is it?” max frowned suspiciously Jenna was clearly up to something.
“the one and only lovely Lexi.” Jenna smiled excited for him. His face dropped, everyone else still looked confused.
“L..Lexi Ryan?” max stuttered uncharacteristically.
“Yes how many other Lexi’s do I know.” Jenna laughed.
“who’s Lexi?” AJ asked the million dollar question. Jenna looked at max who actually looked nervous which was so not like him. Max didn’t answer so Jenna filled them in.
“Lexi and max had a thing...” Jenna started.
“must have been a pretty big thing to get our max-i all flushed.” Jackie smiled with a little laugh and the others had a little laugh to at how max was he was always the ladies man, the bachelor; the charmer to never commit to a relationship.
“right so come let’s go meet this Lexi.” Seraya said in excitement.
“yeh come on I wanna go in.” Erin said impatiently as the others started to head towards the door. Jenna eyed max she knew it would be a big deal for max to see Lexi again especially as she had just dropped it on him out of the blue but she didn’t except him to look quite so nervous.
“I don't think I can go in there Jen.” Max said honesty.
“max come on, you can and you will be fine. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you before now but I didn’t want you to bottle it and I thought it’d be a nice surprise for you. I know there was a lot of strong feelings between the two of you and it didn’t end on the best of terms but it was a long time ago and your both much older now and dare I say wiser. Just go say hi maybe have a drink no pressure and take it from there I think you’ll regret not seeing her now you have the chance more than you’ll regret going in there.” Jenna said wisely. Max took a minute to think about it. The others had walked a little distance away from them towards the club noticing they needed a moment. Max took a deep breath and looked at Jenna.
“let’s go in.” He sighed smiling shaking his head in a ‘I can’t believe you’ve done this to me but I’m grateful’ way.
“Yes max.” Jenna cheered triumphantly high fiving him swiftly walking towards the club not giving him chance to change his mind.
As they got to the club Jenna told security who they was and like she had said they let them a right in and shown them to the VIP area. It looked over the main club that was a busy hive of fun and laughter. The VIP area had its own more private bar and dance floor with sectioned off areas for the different groups of people in there.
Once they was in they had a seating area to themselves AJ, Brad, Joel and Paul had gone to get a round of drinks in.
“Ok so Dutch courage for lover boy...” AJ said placing a double shot of whiskey in front of max.
“... and bubbles for the birthday girl..” AJ continued ignoring the look he got off max placing a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket in front of her.
“as long as I can drink it this time and not wear it.” Jenna laughed as they thought back to when they got back from the qualifiers.
Once everyone had their drinks Jenna cleared her throat to get everyone’s attention and raised her glass.
“Cheers to the people who love us..” Jenna smiled.
“The losers who lost us...” max joined in raising his glass.
“..and the lucky bastards who get to meet us!” Jenna and max said together as everyone else smiled and laughed cheers-ing with them.
Everyone broke off doing their own thing Jenna, Jackie, seraya, Brad and Dean where dancing on the dance floor. Max, Erin and AJ were Sat on one side of a booth and Benji, Paul and Billy say opposite all chatting. Joel and Rachel where at a tall table at the side of the booth in their own little conversation and watching over everyone.
Jackie and Dean came to join them at the booth before long.
“I can’t keep up with them lot.” Jackie laughed sitting down as if showing her age being a few years older than them all.
“what’s your excuse?” Erin laughed to Dean.
“that’s more than enough dancing for me.” Dean laughed.
They looked over to the dance floor Brad and Seraya was making their way over to the bar but then before Jenna could follow a guy had stopped her.
“is that guy hitting on Jenna.” Erin observed out loud. Jackie cleared her throat a little to try and not let people draw attention to it with present company, Benji etc Erin then clicked and gave a quick oops look. Clearly Jenna’s body language said she was totally uninterested in the guy but the guy clearly hadn’t noticed.
“when is she not getting hit on.” AJ said as Jenna being a very attractive person it wasn’t uncommon for guys to chat her up when they where out. Erin kicked him under the table as he’s clearly missed Jackie a que.
“ouch.” AJ said rubbing his leg clearly still not getting the hint till Erin and Jackie glared at him then looking over to Benji when the penny dropped. Benji didn't seem to be paying much attention to them he was looking over towards Jenna’s but didn’t seem too bothered as it was clear Jenna wasn’t interested.
“Max there’s your que.” Erin said getting max’s attention as he was deep in conversation with Paul and Billy.
“what you say?” max asked turning his attention to them. Benji also looked overt to what they was discussing as well as keeping his attention on Jenna.
“Jenna, she’s giving you the que to recuse her.” Erin said nodding over to where Jenna was still getting hit on.
“oh that’s not my job now, Benji’s here.” Max tried to brush of about to carry on his conversation with Paul and Billy. Erin and Jackie looked over to Benji.
“oh no I think I need to see this done by the master.” Benji said holding his hands up looking at max.
“Jesus max will you just go over and rescue the poor girl.” Jackie said half laughing half impatient.
“fine.” Max huffed. “poor girl she’s a bloody liability.” Max joked laughing shaking his head.
“watch this.” AJ laughed sitting up to watch as max walked over to Jenna casually putting his arm around her shoulders as they guy was mid way though another cliché chat up line. The guys face fell obviously getting the impression that max was her boyfriend. Then the guy made his excuses and left clearly not wanting any trouble from max who was a rather large good looking muscular guy. Jenna and max walked over to the booth max taking his seat again and Jenna sitting opposite max next to Benji.
“well it took you bloody long enough.” Jenna said.
“I was busy, your like a friggin magnet.” Max huffed jokingly.
“was that you getting hit on again Jen.” Seraya laughed as herself and Brad joined the booth again placing a drink down in front of her.
“Apparently so, not very well.” Jenna said rolling her eyes clearly not impressed by the guys efforts and they laughed.
“do we have a birthday girl over here?” a beautiful girl next door looking girl said walking over to the table with a large bottle of champagne.
“Lexi!” Jenna smiled getting up hugging her clearly old friends reunited. Max actually looked nervous which was very unusual for him.
“glad you could make it.” Lexi smiled briefly looking around the table
“wouldn’t have missed it for the world. This is Benji, Billy, Paul, Dean, Brad, Seraya, Jackie, Joel, Rachel, Erin AJ and of course you know max.” Jenna smiled. Max still looked nervous. Lexi sort of glared at max but with what looked like hurt in her eyes.
“anyways I’m really busy so I’ll have to chat to you later.” Lexi said quickly as of trying to make an excuse to get away.
“lex!.. Lexi wait.” Jenna called after her clearly in the know to what was going on as everyone else looked on confused.
“just leave her she has every right to be pissed.” Max said drfeatedly.
“Max.” Jenna said sympathetically sitting back down.
“not now Jen. I get it she hates me.” Max said quietly as he didn’t want everyone else to know his drama as everyone pretended not to be curious to what was going on.
“She doesn't hate you.” Jenna said confidently. “she’s just angry at you.” She concluded.
“hmm.” Max said deflated, Jenna eyed him then chose to drop it for now. Everyone slowly went back to their own conversations.
“excuse me miss, this is for you from the gentleman at the bar.” A waiter said clearing his throat taking a drink from his tray and placing it in front of Jenna as she followed his eye lime to the direction of a guy in a suit at the bar who she didn’t know.
“Ok well you can kindly take this back to him and let him know if I wanted a drink buying for me I already have someone more than capable.” Jenna smiled sarcastically and placing the drink back on the waiters tray as the others laughed at how she just didn’t care.
“as you wish.” The waiter nodded maintaining professionalism. Jenna turned to Benji as if to try to explain or something as the waiter left.
“someone’s popular.” Benji smiled at her letting her know he wasn’t bothered by it.
“I’m sorry it’s a fucking pain in the ass. I try to put on my best leave me the fuck along face but doesn’t seem to work.” Jenna said making Benji laugh.
“it’s ok.” Benji laughed reassuring her that it didn’t bother him.
“ really.” She smiled with a laugh of relief as the last thing she wanted was more drama between them.
“really.” He smiled leaning in a little closer to her. “because I unlike them get to do this.” He smiled kissing her.
“ooo just erm try that one again.” She smirked as he pulled away briefly then kissed her again.
“guys!” Erin and Seraya said at the same time as they all tossed beer mats at them to beak them up not wanting to be subjects to any more of a PDA.
They all went back to chatting mingling and dancing. Jenna was mid conversation with Benji Paul and Billy when Lexi caught her eye Sat at the bar looking to be on a break.
“... one second.” She said getting up and walking over to catch Lexi.
“hey can we talk.” Jenna smiled sitting next to Lexi.
“I have a feeling no isn’t really an option.” Lexi said knowing what Jenna was like.
“well no it’s not.” Jenna laughed. “So erm you and max...”
“there is no me and max. He made that clear when I went to uni.” Lexi sighed.
“lex you know he didn’t mean it.” Jenna tried to reason.
“really you sure about that?” Lexi said spitefully but deep down she knew she didn’t mean it.
“one hundred percent. Come on lex surly now you must realise he was just a teenage boy who instead of opening his heart and being vulnerable to his true feelings let pride get in the way even if you didn’t realise back then but I have a suspicion you did, you do now.” Jenna said sympathetically to both Lexi and max’s sides. Lexi just sat there Jenna could telling was all sink in and she was letting her guard down. Lexi and max was very much high school sweet hearts they absolutely adored each other but then once it came to leaving school Lexi got a place in a university to study business which meant her moving away. Max didn’t take the news so well and to hide his heart break he turned it into defensiveness arguing that Lexi was moving away because she didn’t love him or want to be with him any more, which was far from the truth. Long story short they ended up arguing and falling out in the weeks leading up to Lexi leaving and neither have spoken to the other since.
“I know I hear what your saying bit it’s been so long now and you know he chose to pick a fight and fall out with me rather than being supportive and finding a way to make it work.” Lexi said.
“and for that I know he regrets whole heartedly. He was so nervous when I said you owned this club which is so unlike him. I only told him when we where outside because I knew I wouldn’t have got him here if he knew earlier. He wants to make it right but he’s scared of you throwing it back in his face.” Jenna said.
“which I have every right to.” Lexi said clearly hurt.
“yes you would however I know each of you thinks a lot more of the other to be able to push past that and hopefully work things out." Jenna said knowing she was getting through to her. “why don’t you just talk to him at least. I think you owe it to each other and yourselves more than anything. You two left things in such a bad place you need to clear it up given the chance.” Jenna said and slowly Lexi nodded. “right so you’ll talk to him.” Jenna said without giving her chance to decline and walked over to get max.
“go talk to Lexi, she’s Sat at the bar.” Jenna said leaning over Max ’s shoulder from behind.
“I can’t. She won’t want to talk to me any way.” Max said.
“ you can and she does. Go find your balls and talk to her. Tell her the truth and how you really feel.” Jenna said sternly but also sympathetically. Max just looked a there slightly more confident in a I don’t believe this is happening way.
“go on then.” Jenna laughed giving him a little shove as he smiled nervously and thankfully then went over to Lexi. Jenna smiled triumphantly to herself as she seen max sit down next to Lexi and them start talking.
“so are you going to fill us in on who this wonder woman is that’s got our max-i all flustered.” Jackie said to Jenna as she sat back down at the booth and everyone else turned their attention to her also interested.
“those two where the biggest sweetest high school sweethearts on the planet. Lexi is a beautiful person inside and out. Typical girl next door type and perfect for max in every way. Max adored her.. still does.” Jenna smiled fondly at them as she looked over to see them still talking seeming to be going well as they was indeed smiling.
“so what happened?” Erin asked impatiently.
“Lexi got a place at uni to study business which clearly paid off.” Jenna said looking around the club. “but it meant her moving away. Max took the news badly and handled it equally as badly. They ended up falling out big time he got it into his head if she left it meant she didn’t love him which hurt him and instead of being hurt and vulnerable he let pride get in his way. She ended up leaving neither spoke to each other since. To be fair Lexi went pretty much off the grid up until a few weeks ago when I heard about her opening this club and got in contact with her.”
“aw poor max.. and Lexi at that.” Seraya said. Jenna nodded.
“aw I hope they work it out. It’d be so weird seeing max with a girlfriend though.” Erin laughed.
“I know Mr ladies man being all settled down.” AJ laughed
They all lulled back into conversations between themselves.
“come on you we're not here to sit on our asses.” Erin said stand up taking AJ off to the dance floor to dance.
“sounds good to me, Bradley?” Jackie said offering her hand to Brad which he took.
“come on big guy make a move.” Seraya smirked at Paul knowing he wouldn't be as keen.
“erm nah.” Paul tried to avoid her. The others watching in amusement.
“no isn’t an option.” Seraya grinned.
“but Benj isn’t either.” Paul whined.
“I wouldn't be so sure about that.” Jenna smiled.
“haha Jenna I hate to break it to you but you have less chance of getting Benji to dance than Seraya has of getting Paul to.” Billy laughed. Jenna looked at Benji.
“maybe later.” Benji said in effort to at least put it off and keep the girls happy.
“even later it isn’t happening.” Paul said clearly not having Benji's tact. Seraya rolled her eyes at him.
“come on I’ll dance with you.” Dean said taking Seraya hand leading her to the dance floor to join the others.
Jenna looked up to see Joel stood next to her.
“I believe I owe the birthday girl a dance.” He smiled holding hand out. Quite often years ago Joel would dance with Jenna as Benji point blank refused to the majority of the time. Jenna looked at Joel for a minute unsure of what to do. Usually she wouldn’t think anything of it and dance with Joel however she really couldn’t be bothered with any kick off’s with Rachel on the scene. Joel gave her a little nod as if knowing what she was thinking.
“Rachel also won’t dance.” He said. She smiled with a shrug and took his hand as they joined the others on the dance floor. Jenna glanced briefly at Rachel who rolled her eyes so Jenna just ignored her as the four couples on the dance floor had a laugh whilst dancing for a good while.
Jenna, Joel and Jackie returned to the table leaving the others dancing or at the bar.
“well those two seem to be getting on well.” Jackie said to Jenna motioning towards max and Lexi who where clearly chatting and laughing together getting along still.
“oh I really hope so.” Jenna smiled.
“it’d be a good cover story for you two.” Rachel hissed in Jenna a year as she walked past to go to the bathroom hinting at the fact she still thought there was something going on between max and Jenna. Jenna just scoffed and rolled her eyes letting it slide she expected some sort of retaliation after dancing with Joel.
Jackie went out taking a phone call, Billy Paul and Joel where talking between them selves. Everyone else was up dancing. Benji was sat on the tall still having previously been talking to Rachel whilst Joel and Jenna where dancing. Jenna got up was walked over to Benji standing between his legs.
“Hey.” Benji smiled at her resting his hands on her shoulders as she leaded into him wrapping her arms around his waist.
“hey.” She smiled back as he kissed the top of her head.
“I love you.” He mumbled into her hair breathing in her shampoo.
“that’s good because I love you too.” She said giving him a kiss on the lips.
“are you having a good birthday?” Benji asked.
“I am.” She smiled happily which turned into a yawn it was by now defiantly into the early hours of the morning and she had been up since 6am doing the horses and performed two shows as normal.
“tired?” He smiled raising his eyebrows at her.
“not too tired for a dance with you though.” She smirked.
“I’m not getting out of this am I?” Benji laughed.
“nope.” She shook her head grinning. Then a relatively slow song came on.
“right come on then, whilst it’s your birthday.” Benji sighed as if he was going out of his way but clearly joking.
“is that actually Benji madden dancing.” Dean laughed sitting down in the booth with Billy Paul and Dean followed by Seraya.
“oh see look even Benji’s dancing.” Seraya huffed to Paul. Paul just laughed and pulled her into his lap making her squeal and laugh.
Jenna and Benji was dancing closely foreheads almost together her arms reaching up on his shoulders and his loosely on her hips.
“aww just look at those two.” Erin gushed looking over to Benji and Jenna as she sat down a t the table with AJ and Brad.
“those two are looking pretty close too.” Looking over to max and Lexi who where still sat talking closely.
“It’s looking like me and you will have to pair up Bradley as the rest of my circus team seem to have.” Jackie joked joining them. Brad raised his eyebrows with a smirk and they all laughed.
It was them closing time and everyone started to filter out of the club. Benji and Jenna walked over to the table hand in hand.
“are we making a move then guys.” Jenna said.
“or can we not just stay you know perks of you knowing the owner” Dean said joking.
“erm I think the owner is otherwise engaged” Erin added motioning over to max and Lexi sharing a hug and a quick kiss. Then max walked over to join them as Lexi went back to work. There was a few ‘whit-whoo’s from the guys as max walked over to them.
“ha ha very funny guys.” Max laughed. “and you can stop smirking too.” Max pointed at Jenna who let out a laugh.
“come on guys taxis are outside.” Jackie announced as they all followed her out to them Jenna and Benji together still hand in hand.
As the taxis dropped them off outside the festival ground they all said their good night’s to each other as they got to the good Charlotte bus first and the circus team went to carry on to their area.
“hey max-i heads up.” Jenna shouted running and jumping on his back for a piggy back to avoid mud to which he instinctively caught her.
“girl is like a bloody jack in a box.” Seraya laughed at Jenna’s athletic gymnast ability.
“not to mention manages to do it so gracefully in heels a dress and half cut.” Erin laughed. As they got to the RV’s max and Jenna called their good night’s to the others as they headed over to the horse box. After a quick detour piggy back to check over the horses max deposited Jenna into the horse box door way.
“my lady.” He laughed.
“why thank you good sir.” She laughed back.
“sooooo.” She looked at him expectantly wanting the gossip on him and Lexi.
“sooooo.” He said playing along as if he didn’t know what she wanted.
“you and Lexi looked like you’d smooth things out.” She grinned hopefully.
“yeh I guess so.” He smiled but didn’t seem 100%
“what what’s wrong that wasn’t a full commitment to smoothing things out.” Jenna quizzed him with a little frown.
“we talked and obviously we get each other better now, obviously your little word in her ear helped and we are both older and more mature now. I guess it's like not going to happen over night though is it.” Max struggled to explain it.
“how do you mean?” Jenna asked.
“I just I know I still really like her a lot but she just didn’t seem totally convinced I mean I know we’re not going to like fall back in love over night but it was like she was a bit reserved I guess.” He said.
“give it time you just need to get to know each other again.” Jenna smiled reassuringly feeling for him she knew how much Lexi meant to him and clearly still does. Max nodded they hugged said their good night’s and went to bed.
Sign up to rate and review this story