Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Show time

25

by Nic 0 reviews

Show time

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2020-03-22 - 4094 words

0Unrated
They must have fallen asleep whilst talking as the next thing Jenna knew she was waking up to the 6am alarm on her phone. She was tucked up on the sofa they was both sat on last night and Benji was asleep on the other sofa. She switched her alarm off with a yawn and a stretch sitting up letting the events of yesterday and last night sink in. She got up and went through to the kitchen she was happy to see the electricity was back on and thankfully the storm has eased off, it wasn’t raining and more but it was still pretty windy. She made some coffee and toast and sat at the table looking out of the large full length window that over looked the yard and the horses. She thought she'd been quiet in aid to not disturbed Benji but to her slight surprise he came shuffling though. He almost looked a bit awkward to start with like he wasn’t sure how she’d react to him today after last night.
“am I seeing thing Benji madden up at 6.30am.” She joked in surprise shock. Benji was relieved and laughed.
“well you know your not all that quiet.” Benji smiled.
“really? I honestly did try but I'm used to purposefully being loud in order to wake Max up in a morning so I suppose old habits die hard.” Jenna laughed. Benji got a cup of coffee and sat opposite Jenna at the table.
“what time did we fall asleep?” Jenna asked yawning.
“well you fell asleep mid conversation around 1.30am.” Benji smirked pretending to be offended.
“oh did I really, I’m sorry but in my defence I was clocking nearly twenty hours awake by that point.” Jenna half laughed half apologised.
“its fine.” Benji laughed. “I bet you love sitting here over looking the horses.” Benji smiled noticing the view outside the kitchen window. Jenna smiled and nodded.
“your clothes are all ready now.” Jenna smiled nodding to his clothes that she’d folded and left on the side for him.
“Thanks so do you think there's a chance of getting a taxi this morning?” Benji asked.
“possibly but if you wait for Jamie to get here I can take you where ever you need to go in the farm land rover that’ll get through anything.” Jenna offered.
“really are you sure?” Benji asked gratefully.
“yeah course. I think you’ve had your fair share of shit taxi drivers for one trip anyway.” Jenna laughed.
“thank you.” Benji smiled and they finished their coffee in a comfortable silence watching the horses on the yard out the window.
As they finished their coffee Jamie pulled up outside the house. Jenna got up and opened the door to him.
“morning how was the roads?” Jenna smiled.
“not too bad still some flooding in places. Was everything ok here?” Jamie asked before Jenna replied Benji came out behind Jenna. Jamie looked between them and grinned as if what’s going on here.
“so Jamie are you ok if I give Benji a lift into town. If you start feeding the horses but wait for me to get back and we can share the mucking out?” Jenna said quickly trying to avoid any awkward conversations.
“yeah sure but I'll crack on with the mucking out too, get a head start with that hand of yours.” Jamie smiled.
“ok if your sure.” Jenna said taking the keys he passed to her.
“yeah but I'm leaving Klaus to you.” Jamie laughed heading over to the yard as Jenna and Benji walked towards the car.
“that’s fine.” Jenna called with a laugh.
“Klaus?” Benji asked when they form in the car.
“the horse I had hold of when hurt my hand.” Jenna explained.
“is that a good idea?” Benji asked looking concerned.
“it wasn’t really Klaus’ fault the door slammed in the wind.. granted I was paying more attention to Klaus but...” Jenna explained trailing off Benji nodded.
They stayed in a comfortable silence the rest of the way to Benji’s hotel.
“voilà.” Jenna smiled pulling up outside the hotel.
“Thank you.” Benji smiled at her holding her eye contact for a while the ‘thank you’ seemed to have much more meaning to it than just a thank you for the lift.
“no probs.” Jenna said quietly they was both feeling slightly awkward at how to leave things.
“so erm I guess I’ll make a move now. Thanks again for everything, Good luck for the nationals, hopefully we could maybe talk again soon?” Benji said sounding hopeful. Jenna nodded with a little smile.
“bye Benji.” Jenna said

Jenna got back to the yard, Jamie was in one of the stables mucking out
“hey how's things going?” Jenna smiled.
“here there fine, how are things with you?” Jamie smirked.
“fine.” Jenna smiled knowing he was fishing for info on Benji being there last night. Jamie smirked nodding knowing that meant she wasn’t keen on sharing and it wasn’t really his place to push for info as they didn’t really know each other all that closely.
They got on with yards getting along and chatting in general. As they had a break for lunch max arrived home.
“working hard?” Max grinned sarcastically in jest as he walked in seeing Jamie and Jenna on a break.
“says the one who’s been away for the weekend.” Jenna laughed back with a snort. Max laughed flipping her off going to put his bag away.
“so what’ve I missed?” Max said coming in. Jamie looked to Jenna as in where do we start.
“not a lot.” Jenna tried to smile innocently as if she hasn’t just broke two fingers and had her ex turn up in the middle of a storm and stayed the night. Jamie looked at her amused like your never going to get away with not telling him.
“ah boring without me around I guess.” Max grinned. “Jamie if you want to get off for the afternoon you can I’ll help Jenna finish off the yards I’m sure you’ll be needing a break from her by now." Max laughed with a flinch waiting for a smack in retaliation from Jenna.
“thanks if your sure? I have a few earnds to run.” Jamie said.
“yeah course you get off.” Max smiled. “thanks for your help mate.”
“no worries I’m just glad you didn’t end up staying here all by yourself last night.” Jamie smiled to Jenna not knowing the full extent to the Benji situation he just thought she had a guy over.
“ah did you stay over too that was nice of you.” Max smiled as Jamie got up to leave.
“no I didn’t stay.” Jamie smirked Jenna shook her head preparing for what was to come from Max. Max looked confused for a minute then his face fell, eyes went wide and turned to book at Jenna amused expecting an explanation.
“see you guys, call me when you need me.” Jamie called making a swift exit.
“you had a guy over? Seriously Jen how do even you get a guy over for a booty call in the middle of a storm like that.” Max laughed.
“It wasn’t a guy...” Jenna started but not really sure how to explain. Max raised his eyes at her amused. “no well the it was a guy... it was Benji.” Jenna sigh deciding to just say it.
“what!?!?” Max exclaimed that was the last person he expected her to say. “how? Why? Did you..?” Max didn’t know what to ask.
“No I didn't call him or ask him to come. He just turned up. Me and Jamie had finished the yard and I'd come in having a pamper...” Jenna started.
“wait was he here when I called you?” Max said.
“yeah he Was.” Jenna nodded.
“why didn't you say.” Max said pretending to be slightly annoyed that she didn’t tell him.
“why do you think, because like now I wouldn't have been able to shut you up.” Jenna said with a laugh. Max gave a half nod and allowed her to continue.
“I'd just got out the bath and thought I seen something out the window then the horses started and then the dogs so I went to see...” Jenna continued.
“you went out! He could have been anyone Jenna!” Max exclaimed alarmed.
“well he wasn’t and I had a frying pan with me.” Jenna laughed as Max pulled a face.
“a frying pan what the hell!?” he laughed.
“first thing that came to hand.” Jenna shrugged with a laugh.
“so if a table spoon would have been ‘first to hand’ would you have gone out with that!” Max went on.
“well we can always seen how much damage I can do with a table spoon of you carry on interrupting me.” Jenna frowned.
“Ok so carry on.” Max sighed.
“so I went out luckily seen it was Benji before I caved his skull in with said frying pan. With the storm he was soaked and freezing I couldn’t have left him so I brought him in. Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t happy about him appearing if it wasn’t for the storm I'd told him exactly where to go to be honest...” Jenna went on, she explained the rest of what had gone on.
“so what are you thinking now where are at?” Max asked concerned for her he knew as much as when things where going well With Benji he made Jenna very happy but he also knew when things weren’t so great that it really got to Jenna.
“I dunno really, I totally get all what he said and where he’s coming from. I always got it, it just doesn’t make it any easier.” Jenna said Max nodded waiting for her to continue. “he’s apologised but it doesn’t mean it didn’t hurt, once those walls are up it hard to let them down again.” Jenna said truthfully she could always be totally honest with max and he always got it.
“so how did you leave it with him?” Max asked.
“after he’d finished explaining and apologising we chatted and got along well the rest of the night and in the morning. It was a bit awkward as he was leaving but I think we’re ok.” Jenna said.
“how do you mean awkward?” Max asked.
“like I think, we’ll I know he wants more but I’m just not ready yet.” Jenna said.
“not ready yet as in will be in the future?” Max asked.
“I do love him I’ve never stopped loving him nor have in ever tried to deny it just you know a lot of shit has gone on too. So at the minute my head is out ruling my heart.” Jenna said.
“you’ve got to do what's best for you and what makes you happy. I’ll stand by you what ever you decide." Max said Jenna nodded as she did she brushed a piece of hair out of her face with the hand with the broken fingers and Max noticed them for the first time.
“what up with your hand?” Max asked eyeing her concerned.
“ok so don't loose you head I have a hair line fracture on those two fingers.” Jenna said.
“how!” Max exclaimed.
“I was leading Klaus...” Jenna started.
“fucking Klaus!..” Max said knowing he was quite a highly strung horse sometimes hard to deal with.
“no it’s not his fault a branch came down above his stable as I was leading him in and he spooked but as I was calming him down the wind blew the door shut on my hand. Couldn’t have been helped was just bad timing.” Jenna said.
“shit the nationals.” Max said with a slight panic.
“it’ll be fine I’ll be fine they didn’t even hurt too much.” Jenna said with a shrug.
“Alright Mrs tough cookie and what did the hospital say?”
“well they said to rest them obviously but I've sorted that Jamie said he’ll come help out on the yard and Frankie and Mike will be back on Wednesday so I can just focus on the nationals.”
“you do realise throwing your self around a horse mid canter is not classed as resting.”
“but I won’t be doing as much yard work.” Jenna shrugged.
“what are you like I can’t even leave you for forty eight hours without you getting into bother.” Max laughed shaking his head.
They went out to finish the yard working together Max restricting the ‘heavy’ work from Jenna.
“so how was your weekend?” Jenna asked grinning at him.
“yeah it was good.” Max smiled as if he was hiding something.. clearly good though.
“good? Just good?” Jenna smirked raising a questioning eyebrow.
“we had a really good time.” He smiled secretively .
“seriously I got the tenth degree and now your here being all top secret. Come on Theriot spill.” Jenna persisted.
“we got along really well, just like old times. I really like her and still have feelings for her and I’m pretty sure the feelings mutual. We’ve kissed but that’s as far as it went bit there’s defiantly a spark there.” Max said slightly shyly there was only ever Lexi that could make him like that.
“aw that's great.” Jenna smiled.
They finished off the yard and spent the rest of the evening eating dinner and catching up then both of them having an early night tired after their weekends antics.

The next few days till Frankie and Mike got back Jamie and Max did most of the yard work Jenna helped with the lighter jobs and began getting her horses ready in preparation for training for the nationals. By Wednesday when Frankie and Mike arrived home it was all systems go for the nationals the guys sorted the yard between them whilst Frankie and Jenna focused on Jenna’s horses and routines for the nationals. They trained and practiced each horses routine daily as she was competing on all three along with prepping the tack and equipment they would need to take with them. Along side perpetrating themselves by going the gym and to sports massages/physio to keep themselves on top form to get the best out of the horses. They’d tweaked Jenna’s routines a little so that it made them less strain on her hand with the fractured fingers. They didn’t really go out much or see any of the other guys as they was either busy with nationals prep or was too tired and having an early night on an evening. Max and Lexi where now officially back together. Jenna and Benji had exchanged brief messages more on the friends scale but nothing else. Benji didn't want to push her and Jenna was not wanting to rush into anything or complicate things whilst she was wanting to focus on the nationals.

It was almost two weeks since Frankie and Mike got home from their holiday and just two days away from the nationals. Max and Mike where just finishing up on the yard whilst Frankie and Jenna where working Sully the last horse for the day. Jackie, Erin and Seraya came walking over to Max and Mike on the yard.
“hey what brings you guys here?” Max smiled at them.
“we where just at a dress fitting for the wedding and thought we’d call in on the way home as we’ve not seen you guys much lately and wanted to wish Jenna good luck for the nationals.” Erin said.
“oh shit a dress fitting should Jenna have been there?” Max looked at her wide eyed as he knew Jenna’s mind was focused on the nationals was likely she'd forgotten.
“no with it being so close to the nationals I explained to the dress fitter and she said it was fine she could catch up with Jenna’s next time.” Erin explained.
“ah good because I was going to say she’s defiantly forgotten.” Max laughed. They heard Frankie shouting then Jenna shouting back.
“are they ok?” Seraya asked sounding a bit concerned.
“yeah they’re fine they’re always like that” Mike laughed walking off to finish what he was doing.
“are you sure, do you think you should go check on them?” Seraya said.
“no honestly their fine it’s just the way they push each other and get the best out of each other. Seriously might sound like world war three but they love each other really.” Max laughed. “however best not to get in the middle of them like that or you would be in the firing line.”
“Max were all done here so I’ll go put the kettle on for us all.” Mike called from across the yard.
“cheers mate.” Max called back.
“how’s everything going for the nationals?” Jackie asked.
“erm well pretty good considering..” Max said not really wanting to tell Jackie about Jenna’s hand and Benji so she didn’t worry.
“considering?..” Jackie pushed him to continue.
“well during the storm she ended up hair line fracturing two of her fingers and erm Benji shown up.” Max said.
“What!?” Jackie and Erin exclaimed at the same time.
“oh my god I am so sorry about that please know I had nothing to do with it...” seraya said apologetically.
“I know I've heard." Max nodded to Seraya.
“It went fairly positively though didn’t it?” seraya asked only knowing what Paul had told her from what Benji had told him.
“I guess so.” Max said half heartedly.
“I totally went mad at Paul for that if I’d have known I’d have done all I could to stop him turning up out of the blue like that.” Seraya said still feeling bad that it was from her sat nav that Paul got the address for Benji.
“well I guess joke was on Benji in the long run turning up in that storm.” Max laughed.
“Do you guy's want to fill us in at all?” Jackie said slightly impatiently. Max and Seraya filled Jackie and Erin in on what they knew had happened between Benji and Jenna each managing to fill in each other blanks a little.
“And how’s she been?” Jackie asked knowing what Jenna was like when she was stressed or worried about something for over working herself to try and take her mind off things.
“she’s actually been ok. Maybe slightly quiet at first I think she was just letting things sink in but she got her head pretty clear. Obviously her main priority at the minute is the nationals and Frankie has her back. “They are working hard here and at the gym but they are looking after themselves as well. There’s no way Frankie would let her go off the rails.” Max explained confidently which put Jackie’s mind at rest.
“so what’s going on with Benji and Jenna at the minute then?” Erin asked.
“nothing really they both clearly have feelings for each other but Jenna has said basically she accepts his apology but she cant just forget as easily and he gets that.” Max explained. Then Frankie and Jenna came up with Sully laughing and joking together as of all the shouting had never happened. Max Jackie Seraya and Erin turned and smiled.
“see told you.” Max said quietly to just Jackie seraya and Erin about the fact all their shouting during training didn’t mean they was falling out.
“hey guys what you doing here?” Jenna smiled.
“we just called in to see how you guys where we’ve not seen you for a while.” Jackie smiled.
“ah that’s nice. We'll just put this fella away and we can have bru.” Jenna smiled. As herself and Frankie went and put sully away then the six of them went up to the house for a bru and a catch up.
“so what have you guys been up to today?” Jenna said sitting down at the table with them.
“we’ve been in a dress fitting.” Seraya beamed without thinking that Jenna didn't actually know she'd missed it.
“holy shit should I have been there?” Jenna said to Erin shocked and apologetically if she'd forgotten.
“no, no I knew you’d be really busy here so I spoke to the dress fitter and she said it would be fine to catch up with just yours next time.” Erin smiled.
“ah good but you know if you needed me to be there you should have said I'd have made time.” Jenna said feeling a bit bad.
“honestly it’s fine, providing you don’t miss the next one.” Erin laughed.
“name you time and place I’ll be there.” Jenna grinned. “and if you need any help with anything else just ask.”
“we're good at the moment you just focus on kicking ass at the nationals.” Erin smiled.
“soooo it’s my birthday on Saturday.” Seraya started grinning.
“how could we forget.” Max said sarcastically as Seraya always went on about her birthdays like and excited child.
“well I’ve planned a party, I was hoping you guys will make it.” Seraya said directing it to Max Frankie and Jenna as Jackie and Erin clearly already knew. Frankie and Max began to nod in acceptance.
“well it’s the last day of the nationals...” Jenna tried to make up an excuse that was partly true because she wasn’t sure if she wanted to go to the party as Benji and the guys would most likely be there. She wasn’t sure if she wanted to be in that situation with Benji around everyone.
“but it’s not a competition day it’s results and then you’ll be on your way home so you’ll be able to make it won’t you.” Seraya pouted.
“yeah Jen we should make it back in enough time.” Frankie started only to get a little kick under the table from Jenna get her to shut up. Frankie looked confused to why Jenna was wanting to get out of the party then it clicked.
“if we do make it it'll probably be quite late by the time we get back and get the horses sorted then get ourselves ready.” Jenna said taking a new angle of not saying no directly.
“better late than never.” Max smirked he knew what Jenna was up to but there was no way he was about to let Jenna start missing things just because she would rather avoid Benji than deal with the situation.
“yeah Jen it’ll be good to let your hair down and chill after the competition.” Frankie joined in with max not giving Jenna options for excuses.
“and for us to celebrate you cleaning house at the nationals.” Max added.
“well how can I say no.” Jenna smiled as genuinely as possible to Seraya which Seraya Erin and Jackie bought but max and Frankie got the hint of sarcasm too. It wasn’t that Jenna didn’t want to celebrate Seraya’s birthday or that she didn’t want to see the circus gang at all it was just the nerves and uncertainty of seeing Benji again and how it would play out. They all chatted a bit longer catching up with what they'd all been up to discussing Seraya’s upcoming birthday, the nationals and the horses, Erin and AJ’s wedding and Frankie’s holiday.
“right are we ready to make a move I’m knackered and I’m sure these guys are too.” Jackie said to Erin and Seraya.
“yes ready when you are.” Erin said.
“ah it’s been good seeing you guys sorry we’ve been a bit busy lately.” Jenna said.
“No worries your forgiven.” Seraya grinned giving her a hug. “kick ass at the nationals I’ll keep a champagne on ice at the party for when you get back.”
“good luck Jen, not that you need it.” Erin smiled giving her a hug.
“good luck and look after yourself.” Jackie smiled eyeing her hand and giving her a hug.
Jackie Erin and Seraya also hugged and said their good byes to Max and Frankie.
Sign up to rate and review this story