Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Bomb

Snowy Dream

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki wakes up alone and Annabelle comes into his room to chat with him.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2020-05-08 - 540 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-Two: Snowy Dream:

-New York, New York-

Tsuzuki's phone buzzed on the nightstand. He grumbled to himself as he felt around for it.

"Hello?" he asked.

"Where are you?" a boy's voice asked.

"Huh?" Tsuzuki asked, half-asleep. He didn't really pay attention. The words sounded muzzled.

"What?" the shinigami asked. In the end, he just hung up. Tsuzuki drew his eyes closed.

"Who was that dear?" Anna asked beside him.

"Don't know," Tsuzuki said. "Sounded like Hisoka."

"Hm."

"Hm." Tsuzuki dropped off back to sleep.

10:00 a.m.

Tsuzuki woke up when the light hit his face. The shinigami sat up in his bed.

"Anna-chan?" he asked. Just him in the room.

"Hm…" he said. Tsuzuki's phone buzzed again. The shinigami picked it up. One missed call. One new text. Tsuzuki unlocked his phone. Call or text?

Hm…

First the call.

"Hey, it's me, Hisoka. Where are you? You were supposed to have been home days ago. Get back here now. Konoe-san is really pissed. Call me!"

So that was him earlier. Hm.

"I need to call him later," Tsuzuki said to himself. Now for the text.

"Gone out shopping. Will be back by lunch. Love you."

Tsuzuki smiled at the text. Usagi…

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. The shinigami turned his head. Annabelle stood in the doorway. Tsuzuki gave her a strange look.

"Annie?" he asked.

"Oh, did I wake you?" she asked.

"No," Tsuzuki said. "Did you want something?" She didn't answer. Instead, the woman walked over to window. White light filled the room as she opened the curtains.

"Snow," she said, pointing out the window. Tsuzuki looked out. Snow covered the landscape.

"Oh," the shinigami said. "It's snowing." Annabelle nodded.

"Ah," Tsuzuki said. They stared at each other for a moment. His eyes shifted back and forth.

"Shouto at work?" he asked.

"Uh-huh," Annabelle said. She sat down on the bed. Tsuzuki gave her an odd look.

"Are you always alone like this?" he asked. Annabelle turned her head.

"Yes," she said.

"Aren't you lonely?" he asked.

"No."

"No?" Annabelle moved up closer. Tsuzuki's guard heightened.

"And you are okay with that?" he asked.

"Uh-huh," she said.

"But how?" Tsuzuki asked. Annabelle lay back on the bed next to him. Tsuzuki shifted away from her. She reached up to the ceiling.

"I'm not," Annabelle said. Tsuzuki blinked. Who was this woman? She turned her head.

"Are you?" she asked.

"Am I what?" Tsuzuki asked.

"Lonely."

"No."

Annabelle lifted her head. "No?"

"No." More silence hung over them. Tsuzuki looked away. What was this? Tsuzuki cleared his throat.

"Did you want something?" he asked.

"No," Annabelle said.

"Huh?" Tsuzuki asked. The woman smiled and giggled. The shinigami shivered. Who was this woman? Shouto's words ran through his head.

"If you betray me, I will never forgive you."

Tsuzuki climbed out of bed. Annabelle eyed him oddly.

"Tsuzuki?" she asked.

"I'm going to take a shower," he said. He held up his hand. That thirsty look in her eyes was a red flag.

"Stay there," Tsuzuki said. "Just… Stay. Stay… Stay…" He slowly backed away the whole time. The shinigami dove into the bathroom. Annabelle sat up with a dazed look as the bathroom door closed.
Sign up to rate and review this story