Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Bomb

New Year’s Eve Planning

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Tsuzuki and Anna plan their escape home on New Year's Eve.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2020-05-15 - 587 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Thirty-Nine: /New Year's Eve Planning:/

"When do we make our escape?"

"Hm?"

"When do we go home?"

Tsuzuki rolled over onto his stomach. "After the ball drops."

"When? Early morning? How early?"

"Yes."

Anna lifted her head. "To what?"

"We will leave early in the morning," he said.

"Thank you," she said. "What will we tell Shouto and his wife?"

"Nothing."

"Huh? That doesn't seem right. We'll have to leave them a note at least."

"Fine. But no talking to them."

"Why is that?"

"They will try to keep us here longer. I have to get back to work." Tsuzuki noticed her frowning. "What?"

"Now you're worried about work?"

He shrugged. "Hey, vacation is about over. We have to go." Tsuzuki sighed. "I mean, New York is good and all. But…"

"You miss home?"

"Yeah."

"I know how you feel." Anna suddenly frowned.

"What is it?" Tsuzuki asked.

"What are you going to tell Konoe?" she asked. Tsuzuki took a moment to think.

"I'll think of something," he said. His wife smacked him on the side.

"Ow," he muttered.

"That's not good enough," she said.

"I know. I know. I will work it out. You don't have to worry." He patted her on the head. Anna's frown didn't leave her face. Tsuzuki pouted.

"Come on. How do I make it up to you?"

"Just don't get fired."

"I won't." He pressed his forehead against hers. Anna finally began to perk up.

"You better not."

"I won't." He broke into a little smile.

"Think the boss will like the cheesecake we bought?"

"I know he will." Anna giggled. Kirika-chan started to cry.

"I've got it," Anna said. She held up her hand.

"No," she said. "I've got it." Anna climbed out of bed.

"Hang on, sweetie. I'm coming," she said. The woman walked over to the crib.

-December 31st, 2011-

7:00 p.m.

Shouto insisted on going out tonight.

"It's the last night of 2011," he said. "We have to live it up!" Annabelle stood by him, giggling. Tsuzuki and Anna looked at each other. Might as well, yeah? They would be gone by tomorrow anyway.

Shouto led the way to the Blue Alice Club. Tsuzuki looked at the long line outside.

"Can we get in?" he asked. Shouto looked at him with a grin.

"Oh, don't you know, Asato?" he asked. "I always have a way." He put his hand into the air. The party vanished in a flash.

Pounding music drowned the air. They looked up to see the white and light blue lights. Glitter rained down from the ceiling. The dance floor was packed. A person from the outside could mistake them for snow fairies. Shouto held out his arms.

"Let us enjoy the night!" he shouted. The man threw back his head and laughed.

Everyone got lost in the party. Tsuzuki and Anna stayed by each other. They sat at the bar watching Shouto and Annabelle dance on the dance floor. Tsuzuki turned to his wife.

"Got everything packed?" he asked.

"Yes," Anna said. He took her by her hand.

"Want to go at midnight?"

"Yes." The bartender walked over with their drinks. Tsuzuki and Anna picked up their glasses.

"To the New Year!" he said.

"To the New Year!" she said. Their glasses clicked together before they took a drink. The couple watched everyone dance the night away. Shouto kissed Annabelle on his neck. They won't notice them gone, will they?

Ten. Nine. Eight. Seven. Six. Five. Four. Three. Two. One!

Happy New Year!
Sign up to rate and review this story