Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Darkness Within

The Plan

by story_master 5 reviews

Plans are carried out but with a few technicalities.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-09-23 - Updated: 2006-09-23 - 1165 words

1Exciting
Tory: Hi again. Sorry to leave you guys hanging with the last chapter but it was getting pretty long and I love to end with cliffhangers. Another warning for this chapter: there will be more violence. Well that's all I have to say for now so on with the story...
Ferrets: Tory doesn't own CotT, although she wishes she did, but she does own us and her stories.


Billy let out a long evil laugh as he dropped his weapon in a pool of blood. He was clearly proud of what he had done. He then turned to leave to deliver the news of the heroes fall to the Umbra Dominus. But he stopped short when he heard a noise behind him. He spun around only to see that Archie was struggling to stand up.

" But... that's impossible." Billy studdered.

" Like I told you Billy...," Archie started as he used the two sided sword to keep his legs from buckling, " ...this end here."

Billy didn't know what to say, what to do. He had just killed him and yet there he stood as if he had never been touched at all. Archie didn't quite understand it himself. But he wasn't complaining. His mind focused on two things: Destroy Billy and save his friends. Archie shakily brought up his weapon and pointed it at Billy.

" Ready when you are." he smirked, his eyes were cold with determination and vengence.

" Don't you ever learn? I killed you once and I can do it again." Billy replied as he picked up his weapon.

The two charged at each other. Billy made the first swing. Archie slid onto his knees, dodging the attack, and sunk his blade into Billy leg. Billy cried out in pain as Archie ripped the blade out. Archie stood up as Billy walked away, clutching his wound.

" This can't be... I can't be hurt. This is MY realm!" Billy yelled is disbelief and agony.

" One thing you forgot..." Archie started.

" What's that?" Billy asked as he stood up straight.

" We're not in your realm any more." Archie replied.

" What do you mean? Of course we are. I've spent the last-" he was cut off.

" Look up. That's my realm. We're stuck between the two. Anything can happen." Archie stated before he lunged at Billy.

Billy dodged it and his blade went into Archie side. As Billy pulled his weapon out he noticed something in Archie's eyes. He felt no pain, he felt nothing but the raw determination for revenge. This struck fear into Billy and he turned to run. But Archie, being super fast, cut him off and Billy couldn't stop in time. Archie's blade went right through Billy. Archie leaned in close to him and whispered.

" How does it feel to know you're going to die." his voice was harsh.

Then he pulled the blade out and watched as Billy fell to the ground. Archie dropped his weapon before falling to the ground himself. He was exhausted. As he lay there listening to the silence he heard a noise. He sat up a looked around. Then he saw it. His friends weren't dead! They were alive!

" Guys?" Archie called out as he limped over to were his friends were.

First Jay sat up, then Herry, then Theresa, then Atlanta, then Neil, then Odie. They say Archie covered in blood and a confused look fell over their faces.

" What happened to you?" Atlanta asked.

" I killed him." Archie replied.

" Killed who?" Jay asked.

" Billy." Arhcie replied as he pointed to Bily's dead, unmoving body.

" How?" Theresa asked.

" It's a long story," Archie started as he looked up at their night sky from the Shadow Realm, " But right now we've got to save everyone."

Then it came rushing back to the other six. Everything that had happened became clear.

" So what do we do now?" Odie asked.

" We fight." Jay said as he stood up.

They continued with their plan that they had made before they 'died'. All their wounds from their fight with Billy had disappeared. They climbed up their makeshift rope and after three hundred meters of climbing they reached the surface and now stood in front of their brownstone, well where it used to be. The seven heroes stood there with their mouths open. The world that was once beautiful was now a dark, dreary land of destruction.

The heroes followed a path to the darkest part of town. It was pretty easy to find considering the sky above him was onyx black. The heroes walked out from behind a piece of broken concrete to see the Umbra Dominus. He was huge!

" Okay. Everyone get ready." Jay ordered.

The heroes set off on their seperate ways to takedown the being that wanted to destroy them.

" Everyone in position?" Archie called over the PMR.

" Ready." came their reply's.

" Let's go." Archie ordered.

Theresa and Atlanta had went into two sky scrapers with some climbing equipment. They also had some unbreakable rope. The two girls scaled part way down the sky scrapers and swung out with the rope in hand. They wrapped it around the Umbra Dominus as they swung to the ground. Then they reached the ground and got out of the way.

Herry was up next. He had some unbreakable rope as well. He raced around the Umbra Dominus' feet and tied them up. This caused him to fall over, crushing some buildings.

Jay and Archie were up next. They were each on one side of the Umbra Dominus. They had some unbreakable rope too but they had some spikes. Jay threw an end of the rope over to archie. They both attached it to the ground. They did this five times, to make sure he wasn't going anywhere.

Finally it was up to Odie and Neil. Odie had some bombs full of liquid nitrogen so they could freeze the creature. He and Neil set them up all around the Umbra Dominus. Then Odie called out an order.

" Everybody run!" Odie called out.

Everyone did. No one wanted to be around when that went off.

" Everyone a safe distance away?" Odie asked into his PMR.

" Yeah." came the reply's in unison.

Then Odie pressed the detinate button and covered his ears. There was a loud bang and a huge cloud or smoke. The heroes stepped out of their hiding places and stood together waiting for the smoke to clear. As it did everyone stood frozen with shock at the sight before them.
~*~

Did Archie's plan work? Is the Umbra Dominus frozen solid? What will happen next? Read the next chapter to find out.

AUTHORS NOTE: Yay. Their alive! Sorry this chapter is so much shorter than the last but that one was 5 and a half pages on my word pad program so ya. But I hope you liked it all the same. There are still about 3 chapters left to this story, I haven't yet. Please R+R and constructive critism is also welcome. ^_^
Sign up to rate and review this story