Categories > Movies > Lion King > The Lion King 4 Dawn of A New Era

Chapter 13

by TLK4DawnofANewEra 0 reviews

An ongoing story about Kovu and Kiara's reign, and the trials and tribulations throughout. Including accepting hyenas into The Pride Lands.

Category: Lion King - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2020-06-21 - 1221 words

0Unrated
Chapter 13

This is it, we made it.

Whoa!

Whoa! It's really creepy.

Yeah … isn't it great?

We could get in big trouble ...

I know!

I wonder if it's brains are still in there …

There's only one way to know. Come on, let's go check it out!

"Were the brains still in there?" Vitani asked, getting into the story.

"Unfortunately we didn't get to find out, Zazu caught up with us." Nala laughed a bit before biting down on her jaw slightly. "But that's just when the trouble started …"

Well, well, well Banzai. What have we got here?

Hmm I dunno Shenzi, what do you think Ed? Yeah just what I was thinking … a trio of trespassers!

Do you know what we do to kings who step out of their kingdom?

What's the hurry? We'd love you to stick around for dinner!

Yeah! We could have whatever's "lion" around! Get it? "Lion" around!

Oh wait, wait, wait, I got one, I got one! Make mine a "cub" sandwich, what'cha think?

Hey! Why don't you pick on somebody your own size!?

Like …. You?

Oops …

Here kitty, kitty, kitty ….

From inside the den of Pride Rock, Aiube and her cackle listened closely to Nala's story.

"They sound terrible." Aiube said, mortified.

"How could anyone do something like that?" Hofu whimpered, hiding his face in Aiube's neck.

"Yeah!" Kidogo whined. "They sound really scary!"

Jeuri rolled his eyes. "Sound like a couple of fleabags to me …"

"Couldn't agree more." Utii said, resting her head on his back.

"Is that why she doesn't want us here?" Kidogo asked.

"What does it matter? She's not the queen, it's not like she can do anything about it." Jeuri said. "The king and queen seem to at least have their priorities straight."

"Yeah, that We are one thing is great!" Kidogo said.

"Yeah, if only she understood it too …" Jeuri grumbled.

"They had us cornered." Nala continued. "But when Mufasa came out of nowhere and saved us."

Silence!

Oh, we're gonna shut up right now …
"Calm down, we're really sorry …"

If you ever come near my son again …

"Oh this is … this is your son?"

Oh, your son?

"Did you know that!?"

No … me? I … I … I … I didn't know it. No. Did you?

"No, of course not!"

Ed?

"Ed?"

Toodles!

"At least they're smart enough to know when to back down from a fight." Jeuri grumbled.

"Yeah!" Utii giggled, relaxing more into his back. She tilted her head up slightly and started grooming his fur.

Jeuri shifted his head a bit, allowing him to see Utii easier, and gave her a lick on the cheek.

She giggled more and continued her grooming.

Dad I ….

You deliberately disobeyed me!

Dad I'm … I'm sorry ….

Let's go home.

"I thought you were very brave …."

The sun had started to set by the time they left The Elephant Graveyard, the sky a deep orange and purple.

Simba and Nala looked at each other silently as they followed behind Mufasa. Zazu glanced at them, looking anxious himself.

"Are you okay?" Simba whispered to Nala.

"Huh? Yeah I'm fine ... Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah I … I think so …" Simba anxiously glanced at his father before back to Nala. "But you're the one who almost got eaten by that one hyena."

"Yeah." Nala let out a dry laugh. "I would have been hyena chow without you … thanks."

Simba frowned. "Yeah … you're welcome …"

"Hey, what's wrong?" Nala asked. "You saved my life!"

"Yeah … but wouldn't have had to if I listened to dad!" Simba whined.

Nala's frown deepened. "Simba …"

"Zazu!" Mufasa's voice boomed, drawing them all to attention.

"Yes … sire?" The hornbill asked, timidly.

"Take Nala home, I've got to teach my son a lesson."

Simba shrunk into the grass, anxiously,

Zazu fluttered back over to the cubs. "Come Nala …. Simba …" He put his wing on Simba's shoulder. "... Good luck …"

Zazu started to lead Nala back to Pride Rock. Nala looked back, giving him a wistful look, before looking back at the horizon as the sun finally set.

"Simba!" Nala cringed, hearing Mufasa's loud yell.

She sped up slightly, wanting more than anything to get home.

"Are you all right?" Zazu asked, snapping her out of her trance.

"Yeah … I'm fine ... " Nala sighed. "... I'm sorry about the birdie boiler …"

"Yes, well, it did shoot me back to The Pride Lands." Zazu said. "Which allowed me to get Mufasa and save your furry little behinds."

Nala folded her ears back in guilt, tears pricking at her eyes. "I … I'm sorry …"

Zazu landed in front of her, and wrapped his wings around her. "It's all right Nala … Just as long as you and Simba are safe, everything is all right."

Nala sniffled and nuzzled against Zazu. "You … you aren't mad?"

"Oh of course I am." Zazu said into her fur. "But I'm more relieved you're okay."

"Thanks." Nala said, putting her paw over his back to return the hug. "Hey Zazu?"

"Yes?"

"Does … does mom know what happened?"

"No." Zazu said. "But we do have to tell her."

"Oh … I was afraid of that …"

"Do you want me to help you talk to her?" Zazu asked, gently.

Nala nodded. "Yeah …"

They headed into the den of Pride Rock, where Sarabi and Sarafina were pacing nervously. When they both saw her, their eyes lit up and they ran over.

"Nala! You're all right!" Sarafina sniffled, as she and Sarabi nuzzled her. Sarafina pulled back and looked around. "Where's Simba?"

Horror took over Sarabi's face, no doubt worried about her missing son, as she pulled away.

"He's safe with Mufasa." Zazu reassured, relaxing the two lionesses.

"What happened?" Sarabi asked.

"The cubs escaped my very watchful eye and wandered into The Elephant Graveyard. I .."

"What!?" Sarafina gasped.

"Zazu!" Sarabi said, shocked. "How could you let this happen!"

"Well I uh, you … you see …" Zazu anxiously played with his feathers. "I uh … they … I …"

Nala stepped in front of Zazu protectively. "It's not Zazu's fault, please don't be mad at him. Simba and I were the ones who ran off."

Sarafina exhaled roughly and pulled her daughter closer. "Oh Nala … I'm glad you're safe …"

"Am I in trouble?" Nala whined.

Sarafina sighed again. "No, as long as you promise me you won't ever do anything like that again."

"I promise mom." Nala said, relaxing into her mother's touch and let out a small yawn.

Sarafina smiled gently. "Let's get some sleep."

"Okay mom." Nala followed Sarafina to their usual resting place in the den. She cradled into her paws and closed her eyes, falling asleep. I hope things went okay with Simba ….

The next morning Nala had all but forgotten what happened yesterday. Simba bounded over and bit Nala's ear, tugging slightly. "Nala! Nala! Get up!"

"Huh?" Nala groaned. "Simba … I'm trying to sleep …"

"Awww, come on, the sun's already all the way up in the sky! I wanna play!" Simba said, tugging her ear more.

"I'm still tired …" Nala moaned, hiding her face in her mother's chest. "We can play later, all right?"

Simba pouted but let out a groan of defeat. "All right fine, we can play later .. I'll just go see what uncle Scar is up to! See ya Nala!"

The last thing Nala heard before drifting back to sleep was Simba's paws against the den floor.
Sign up to rate and review this story