Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Hokkaido Story

Nervous Pacing

by Noizchild 0 reviews

April, Kyosuke, and Watari suspect that there's something more to Kirika-chan's fever. Watari asks Tsuzuki for permission to rest tests on the little girl.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Tsuzuki,Watari - Published: 2020-08-04 - 505 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Seventeen: /Nervous Pacing:/

News spread around the inn quickly. Anna tried to keep it altogether. Tsuzuki tried to stay positive. It's just the early stages, right? She could bounce back from a little cold, right?

Some aren't too convinced.

"This isn't a normal cold," April insisted. Watari and Kyosuke looked at her.

"What proof do you have?" Watari asked. The English shinigami shrugged.

"I don't know," she said. "I just have that feeling." Her hand trembled. Watari gave her a sympathetic smile.

"We're just ruling everything out first," he said. That didn't sit well with her.

"April-san," Watari said. She looked him in the eye. By now, the shinigami was trembling out of frustration.

"Please don't say anything yet," Watari said. "The last thing we need is to upset them. They're alright going through so much as it is."

"But…" April said.

"Please!" the blonde scientist said. The English shinigami dropped her shoulders.

"Fine," she said. Watari breathed out.

"Thank you," he said. April felt her blood boil.

"He's not helping," she complained.

"But I see what he's saying," Kyosuke said. April grabbed her hair and tried not to scream.

"It's not just a cold!" she screamed.

"I know," he said. April gave him a puzzled look.

"You what?" she asked. He grabbed her by the shoulders.

"I can feel it too," he said. His girlfriend stared at him.

"You did?" she asked. "But…" Kyosuke patted her on the shoulders.

"Watari-san is working on the cause," he said. April drew her mouth closed. She nodded once. Kyosuke took her by the cheeks.

"It will be okay," he said. "We won't let anything happen to Kirika-chan." The English shinigami began to relax.

"Thank you," she said. Kyosuke gave her a quick kiss.

Watari knocked on the door frame.

"Can I come in?" he asked. The blonde scientist drew open the door. He found Tsuzuki and Anna sitting over their sleeping daughter. The couple look up.

"Is this a bad time?" he whispered. Tsuzuki shook his head.

"I'm coming in," Watari whispered. The blonde scientist walked in. He made his way over to the parents.

"How did this happen?" Tsuzuki asked. Watari shook his head. The older shinigami collapsed over him. Watari held him.

"Shhh," he whispered. "It's okay. We're here for you." Tsuzuki lifted his head. Watari gave him a sad little smile.

"Will you let me run a test on her?" he asked.

"What?" Tsuzuki asked.

"I want to do my own test on Kirika-chan," Watari said. "I could help you." Tsuzuki was about to speak when another thought crossed his mind.

"Can you look at Mimzie as well?" he asked. Watari blinked at first.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Please," Tsuzuki said. His friend saw the desperation in his eyes. Watari gave him a quick nod.

"Alright," he said.

"Thank you," Tsuzuki said, bowing his head. Mimzie ran over to the men. The little creature looked up at Watari. He too saw the tiny red bumps through her fur on her back.
Sign up to rate and review this story