Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Hokkaido Story

Fierce Work

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Watari, April, and Kyosuke work to find the cause while Kirika-chan's condition gets worse.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Tsuzuki,Watari - Published: 2020-08-06 - 385 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Nineteen: Fierce Work:

-Sapporo-

Watari was hard at work. He took a swab and blood sample from Kirika-chan. He was supposed to be enjoying his vacation. But this crisis changed everything. There would be no rest.

Watari took a breath. He began the test on the sample. 003 flapped her wings on his shoulder. What were they looking for? Watari would have to see.

A knock came on his door.

"Enter," Watari said. He looked up as the door slid open. April and Kyosuke slid in the doorway.

"We want to help," April said.

"Come inside," Watari said. The shinigami walked into their manager's room.

"What should we do?" Kyosuke asked.

"Here," the blonde shinigami said. He handed him a small glass case.

"What's this?" April asked.

"Another sample you have to look at," Watari said. "Tsuzuki requested this." The English shinigami looked confused.

"How is this related to Kirika-chan?" she asked.

"Just do it," the managers said. Kyosuke shrugged at her. She and him got right to work.

Meanwhile, things got worse. Kirika-can's breathing grew shallow. Sweat broke out all over the child's body. Tsuzuki wiped her forehead.

"It's okay, dear," he whispered. "Shhh. Shhh." The shinigami felt like crying. The tears welled up in his eyes. Anna stood off to the side.

"This isn't a cold," she muttered. Tsuzuki turned his head.

"What?" he asked. Anna herself had tears in her eyes.

"This is worse," she said in a hoarse voice.

"Usagi-chan…" he said.

"Don't you see?" she asked. "It's much worse." Tsuzuki shook his head.

"What are you saying?" he asked. She took him by the hands.

"We might have to think of the worst," Anna said. "The medicine isn't working. She's getting worse. This isn't a cold!" Her husband stared at her, wide-eyed.

"What are you saying?" Tsuzuki asked again. "Are you saying…?"

"I don't know," Anna said. "At least I hope not." The shinigami's heart sank. A tear rolled down his cheek. Kirika-chan coughed in her sleep.

So far, Watari and his team found nothing. April threw back her head and groaned.

"What are we missing?" she asked.

"I have no idea," Kyosuke said.

"We will keep looking," Watari said. "We'll find something soon." April sighed.

"But will we be too late?" she asked. There was no answer for that.
Sign up to rate and review this story