Categories > TV > JAG > Love Conquers All

Everything Started Out Just Fine

by Ew11581 1 review

Mac has Chloe and Little AJ staying with her for the weekend. In the middle of the night, they are all kidnapped by two evil men. What's the motive? Will Harm be able to find them in time? Read on ...

Category: JAG - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2020-08-18 - Updated: 2020-08-21 - 1687 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hi. I'm new to this site. This story is written in response to a promt challenge in my JAG fanfic writing group. The prompt was, Admiral Chegwidden answers a late night phone call to hear the person on the other end say, "Admiral, something's wrong." This story is set in season eight right after the Christmas episode. Hope you guys enjoy this. It will be a multi-chapter.

Mac's apartment
Georgetown
1700 hrs EST.

"Auntie Mac!" little AJ called out, running to his Godmother and dropping his overnight bag at her feet.
"Hey, sweetie. Are you ready for a fun weekend?" Mac asked the little boy, as she scooped him up into a hug.
Little AJ nodded."Uh-Huh. Where's Chloe?"
"She's changing clothes. She'll be out in a minute. Hey, Harriet," Mac replied as she looked from the boy to his mother.
Harriet pulled her friend into a hug. "Hey, Colonel. Thankyou for watching him this weekend."
Mac smiled. "Anytime, Harriet. And with Chloe staying with me this weekend as well, she'll be able to help entertain him. So where's Bud taking you for the weekend?"
"We're going to celebrate our anniversary at a hotel near that beach in Norfolk," Harriet told the other woman excitedly.
Mac raised her eyebrows. "You mean that beach where you had that overnight picnic?"
"That's the one," Harriet laughed, remembering the satelite experience she and Bud had six years before.
Before Mac could respond a voice cheerfully spoke out, "Hey guys."
"Chloe!" exclaimed little AJ.
"Hey, Buddy. Great to see you." Chloe responded to the boy with a grin. Mac set the little tike on his feet and he ran over to recieve a hug from the teenager.
"Chloe, is wonderful to see you again. Thanks for helping out with AJ this weekend," Harriet greeted with a smile.
Chloe hugged the woman and assured her, "No Problem. AJ's adorable. We'll have a great time."
"I'm sure you will. I better get going. Bud's at home loading the van. He wants to head out as soon as I get back," Harriet stated.
"Bye, Mommy," Little AJ said sweetly.
"Bye, AJ. Come give Mommy a hug and kiss," Harriet requested.
The little boy obliged and his mother uttered, "Love you, little man."
"Love you,too," was the little boy's reply as his mother turned him loose.
"Thanks again, Colonel," Harriet repeated as she hugged her friend once more.
"We'll be fine. Now go have fun with your husband." Mac insisted.
Harriet left and Mac turned to her guests. "So who's up for pizza tonight?"
"Me!" both Chloe and AJ answered simultaniously. After ordering the pizza, Mac helped the little boy into his pajamas and started a movie. They chose 'Toy Story' because that was one movie they could all agree on. The movie was paused when the pizza arrived and the restarted once they all had their food. After the movie was over, Chloe read to the four-year-old while Mac cleaned up from dinner. After that, Mac made hot chocolate and got out the oreos for everyone as a before-bed treat.
"Ok, sweetie. time to brush your teeth and get into your sleeping bag." Mac informed the little one."
"Aww, man. just one more story?" little AJ begged.
"Tell you what. If you hurry, I'll read you one more short story before you go to sleep," Mac promised. the little boy rushed into the bathroom with Chloe following in case he needed help. Mac laid out his sleeping bag, pillow,and stuffed Yoda on the floor at the foot of her bed. Chloe was using the guest room.
Pretty soon,Chloe brought the child in to Mac saying, "He's all ready. I'm going to go change into my jammies and I'll wait for you in the living room."
"Thanks, Chlo. I'll be in soon," was Mac's response.
Chloe nodded and left the room. Mac took out 'Froggy Goes to Bed' and began to read. Little AJ was asleep before the book was finished. She kissed him goodnight and went to the bathroom to put on her own jammies before joining Chloe.
The teen was sitting on the sofa, hugging a pillow. She appeared to be holding back tears.
"Hey, sweetie. Talk to me. What's going on?" Mac asked gently as she pushed some hair back from the young girl's face.
Chloe looked up and softly replied, "It's Grandma. She's been having problems with her blood pressure. She could have a heart attack or a stroke if she doesn't watch her stress levels and her diet. I thought about staying home this weekend so I could take care of her, but she made me come. I guess she needed a break from me."
"Oh Chloe..." Mac breathed out. The poor girl had been through so much in the fifteen years she'd been alive. The worst part was,her dad had been killed in Iraq just a couple of months before.
The young teen leaned into her 'big sister' for comfort. Mac began to stroke the girl's hair as she heard her 'little sister' whimper, "I'm scared,Mac. What if my Grandma dies, too. I just lost my dad. I'll have no one."
Mac sighed. "Chloe, look at me."
When she had Chloe's full attention she firmly insisted, "Honey, no matter what happens, you will never be alone. I won't let that happen. I'm sure your grandmother will be just fine, but if something does happen, I will make sure you stay with me. Your dad already signed papers saying that if anything happened to him and if your grandmother could no longer care for you, I would be made your legal guardian. Whatever happens, I'll be here for you."
Chloe began to cry as she cuddled closer to Mac and choked out, "I love you,Mac."
Mac held on tightly to the teen and softly replied, "I love you too, Chloe. That will never change." Eventually, the two fell asleep on the sofa together. Sometime after midnight, they were jolted awake by a loud bang on the door.
"Go into my room and shut the door. Call Harm." Mac ordered in a whisper as she went to the safe to get her gun.
As Chloe ran to do as bidden,the door was smashed open and a big man burst in. Mac hadn't had time to get the safe open. She turned on the man using her karate skills, but he quickly overtook her.
In the other room, AJ woke up crying. Chloe ran over to quiet him, while simultaniously dialing Harm's number.
She sighed in relief as she heard him reply sleepily, "Rabb."
"Harm!" Chloe exclaimed tearfully.
"Chloe? What's wrong?" Harm asked in concern.
Chloe swallowed fearful sobs as she told him, "A man broke in. Mac sent me into her room with AJ. I can hear yelling from the living room. There's another one here,too! They're gonna hurt her!"
"I'm on my way. Don't leave the room no matter what," Harm ordered, barely hiding his fear as he could hear the noises coming from the living room as well.
"Ok. Hurry!" Chloe pleaded. As she hung up, she pulled little AJ into her lap and held him tightly. After a few second they heard a yell from Mac, then a thud, a pain-filled grunt, then, at last, silence.
A terrified AJ began to shreik, "Auntie Mac! Auntie Mac!" Chloe could not get him to be quiet. It was too late anyway, the door burst open and a short, chubby man called out, "Hey! There are kids in here!"
"Bring them. We don't want them ratting us out. Besides, we can use them as leverage," another male voice demanded.
"Get over here! You're coming with us!" bellowed the short man.
"What if we don't?! shouted Chloe with false bravado.
"Then your mom in there dies." sneered the other man who was tall and muscular.
"Ok. We'll come. Just don't hurt Mac," Chloe timidly agreed.
"Chloe, I don't wanna go! I want my mommy and daddy!" sobbed AJ.
"AJ, Buddy, listen to me. We need to do whatever these men tell us so they won't hurt us or Auntie Mac. I won't let anything happen to you, but we have to go." Chloe explained.
The shorter man then started to reach out for the little boy, who screamed and backed up.
"I'll take him," Chloe insisted, quickly picking AJ up, along with his Yoda and the book next to him. She also secretly made sure that she had her phone well hidden so it wouldn't show. She would figure out a way to use it as soon as possible to call for help."
"This will keep him calm and quiet, " Chloe explained the book and stuffed toy to their captors. Both men just shrugged. Then the tall man dragged out an unconcious Mac while the shorter man shoved Chloe out the door and down to a van. The woman and two minors were tossed into the back of a van which took off with a screech.

Admiral Chegwidden's residence
Alexandria Virginia.
0130 EST.
The shrill sound of a phone rang out, disrupting the peaceful quiet of a dark house.
"Chegwidden," barked the man, who was instantly awake at the sound of the ringing phone.
Quietly, a voice replied, "Admiral, something's wrong."
The Admiral was imediately up. "Rabb? What's happened?"
He knew his best lawyer wouldn't be calling in the middle of the night without a very good reason.
His worst fears were quickly confirmed as the younger man replied tensly, "Mac was sitting for AJ and Chloe was visiting for the weekend. Chloe called me and asked me to come and I could hear something going on in the background. I got over there as fast as I could, but it was too late. Admiral, "Mac and the kids are missing."
There was a long silence before the older man ordered, "Meet me at headquarters."

Well, there's the first chapter. More about who has Mac and the kids in the next chapter. Harriet and Bud will also need to be informed. Stay tuned. Thanks for reading.
Sign up to rate and review this story