Categories > TV > JAG > Love Conquers All

All Heck Breaks Loose

by Ew11581 0 reviews

Mac and the kids meet a mysterious child as they await rescue. Meanwhile, Harm and the JAG staff race against time to find their colleague and the children in her care.

Category: JAG - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2020-08-21 - 1537 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hey! Thanks to everyone who read the previous chapter. Things are about to get crazy. In this chapter you'll learn who has Mac and the kids and why. Hope you enjoy.

When Mac slowly awakened several hours later, she took in her surroundings. She realized she was cold and the surface she was lying on was hard and damp. Where was she?
"Mac? Are you awake? Are you ok?" a voice asked anxiously.
"Chloe? What's going on? Where are we?" Mac replied.
"I have no idea. Some warehouse somewhere, I guess. Those creeps knocked you out and made us come with them. They said they'd kill you if we didn't." Chloe answered shakily.
Mac suddenly sat straight up. "AJ! Where is he?! Did they...."
"AJ's fine. He's asleep now. It took me awhile to get hime calmed down. They mainly just scared him." Chloe assured her big sister. Mac looked over to where Chloe pointed and saw the little boy curled up in a cornerwith his stuffed Yoda, wrapped in a ratty blanket. Mac's eyes filled with tears of releif that they were all in one peice. Chloe scooted over and snuggled against her.
"Those two men have been gone for hours, but they locked us in . I snuck your phone in my shirt. I tried calling for help, but there's no service." the young teen explained.
"Did you hear them say anything about why they abducted us?" Mac wanted to know.
Chloe shook her head. "Only that you were going to pay for the big dude's brother's death. They never even said who his father was though."
Mac sighed. "And it could be just about anyone. Someone I killed in self defense, Someone who died in prison, even someone who died in the war."
Before Chloe could respond a little voice cried out, "Mommy?! Mommy?!"
Chloe quickly got up and scooped little AJ up before depositting him in Mac's lap.
"It's ok, AJ. Auntie Mac's got you. You're ok." Mac comforted.
"Auntie Mac! Where am I? I want my mommy!" AJ sobbed.
Mac hugged the little boy tightly and kissed his head. "I know, sweetheart. We'll be fine. Uncle Harm is probably looking for us right now. He'll find us. You'll be back home with your mommy and daddy really soon."
All of a sudden, they heard footsteps outside the door. Chloe shuddered. "I hope he finds us soon." Mac pulled the girl close with one arm while still cuddling AJ with the other. The three sat quietly praying for a prompt rescue as they braced themselves for the danger that lurked on the other side of the door.
Meanwhile, Harm made it to JAG headquarters in record time. The admiral led him straight to his office.
"So what do we know?" the older man asked.
Harm shook his head. "Not much. The living room was trashed and all I found in the bedroom was AJ's sleeping bag. Which doesn't really tell us anything."
"So who the hell has them?!" demanded Admiral Chegwidden.
"And why?" countered Harm.
Then the admiral was all business."Call in Turner, Coates, Tiner, and Manetti. We need all the man power we can get. Hell, call Webb. He has connections everywhere in the whole damn world."
After that there was a long moment of silence before Harm spoke up. "Someone needs to call Bud and Harriet. And Chloe's grandmother needs to be contacted."
The admiral sighed. Both men dreaded making those calls. "You call Chloe's grandmother. I'll call Lt. Roberts.
"Yes, sir." Harm responded to the order. After contacting the rest of the staff, Harm went to Mac's office and looked up the number for Chloe's grandmother on her rolodex. He dialed but received no answer, so he left a message for her to contact him as soon as possible.
When he returned to the bullpen, Manetti and Turner were already there. Tiner came out and told them that the admiral wanted them in his office.
"The Robertses are on their way back now. Mikey is coming back from Annapolis to help in anyway he can. Harm, were you able to reach Mrs. Maddison?"
"Negative, Sir. I left a message telling her to contact me ASAP. I told her it was urgent."
The admiral nodded and moved on to give the orders. "Turner, I need you and Harm to look through all of the colonal past case files. Tiner you'll assist them. Manetti, take Coates and have a look in the colonel's appartment. See if there's anything Harm might have missed."
The others replied, "Aye-aye, sir," before heading to do as bidded.
Back at the dark, cold warehouse, Mac and the kids huddled in silence waiting for the door to open. When it did, they were surprised and releived to see that it wasn't their captors at all. Instead, a young girl of about ten quietly crept into the room laden with blankets and a backpack. Without a word, she handed them each a blanket and then opened the backpack. From it, she took out three water bottles and some pre packaged snacks including granola bars, fruit cups and pudding cups.
"Who are you?" AJ questioned. The girl hesitated.
"It's better for all of us if you don't know." she finally answered quietly.
"Were you kidnapped, too?" Chloe pressed.
"Chloe, she said she doesn't feel safe telling us that." Mac warned. She could tell the little girl was scared.
"This stuff should hold you for a few hours. I'd better go. They'll be back soon. make sure they don't see the supplies. I'll try to bring more the next time they go out." promised the mysterious child.
"Thankyou." Mac told her. The little girl nodded and ran back out of the room.
"I hope she doesn't get in trouble for helping us. Do you think she was kidnapped like us?" Chloe wondered.
"I don't know. But she was really scared. Hopefully she'll feel safe enough eventually to talk to us more, but until that happens, don't push her on it." Mac insisted.
"Ok." Chloe agreed.
"Auntie Mac, I'm hungry!" AJ insisted. So Mac devided up the rations and passed out the water bottles after checking to make sure they were safe.
Back at headquarters, Harm and the rest of the staff were hard at work.
"So why them?" Turner suddenly asked.
"Huh?" Harm replied.
"Why Mac and the kids? Who would want to hurt her and what did those children do to deserve this?" Turner clarified.
"It could be anyone Mac either put away or crossed in some way. The kids were probably just in the wrong place at the wrong time." Harm pointed out. The two continued digging until Mikey who had been going through Mac's computere system called out, "I think I found something."
The others came running to have a look. "That's Corperal Farmer. Mac had a case involving him a couple of years ago.
"Wasn't that the one where the guy got the death penalty for murdering his fellow soldiers?"
"Not all of them died, but yeah, that was the case." Harm confirmed.
"But he was already executed." Bud pointed out.
"But apparently he has a brother,Travis, who didn't take that well. He could be out for revenge." Mikey explained.
"He threatened Colonel McKenzie a few times." Tiner remembered.
"But it stopped after a few months. Why would he suddenly be coming after her now?" the admiral demanded to know.
Bud sighed. "That's what we have to find out,Sir."

About that time in the warehouse, Mac and the two children were just dozing off when the door flew open with a loud CRASH! The three of them jolted up with a start. causing their captors to laugh.
"Scared you, did we? Good!" sneered the shorter one.
"What do you want from us? Let these kids go. They've never done anything to you." Mac demanded.
"Colateral damage." the taller man said flippantly.
"W-what are you going to do with us?" Chloe stammered.
"Well,for now, nothing. First, we want to watch the Colonel here squirm. We want her to feel what it's like to know she's going to die but never know when it's coming. Don't worry kids, we'll send you back home to your parents when we're done with her." the shorter man replied. Little AJ started sobbing again. Chloe pulled him close to her, hugging him tightly.
"What did we ever do to you?!" screamed the teen.
"You? Nothing. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. We couldn't risk you screwing up our plans by calling for help. Colonel McKenzie on the other hand is going to pay for killing my brother. She's going to suffer just like my brother did while he was waiting to be executed." the tall,muscular man informed all their victims.
Mac wracked her brain searching for any clue as to who these men were. Then she registered that the big man had referred to an execution, and she suddenly knew what, or who, this was all about. "Farmer!"

Hmmm. So now they know who and why. The where will be discovered in the next chapter. Thanks for reading this chapter. Catch ya later. Bye!
Sign up to rate and review this story