Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Hogwarts One Shots

A Potion of Love

by mmaredding-chase07 0 reviews

Fred Weasley x Slytherin! reader (Requested by Anonymous)

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Fred - Published: 2018-02-21 - Updated: 2020-08-22 - 2045 words

1Moving
I wish Fred Weasley was dead. Or I was dead, either one would work. As long as I would never have to see his face again, I’d be fine. Ever since we had learned about Amortentia in potions a week ago… I couldn’t even look at him without blushing my face off. For the first time ever, I was glad that I was two years younger, and in a different house than the twins. It was easier to avoid them. I had just cut myself off of all connections from any of the Weasleys, and basically all Gryffindors. I found myself hanging around Draco and other Slytherins a lot more than I normally ever would, but I preferred to just be alone. I was sitting by myself at the lunch table when suddenly, the boy the I had worked so hard to never see again, appeared in front of me. Fred slammed his books down on the table, causing me to jump slightly. I pretended to be extremely interested in my charms essay, but couldn’t resist a small peek. A light pink tinged my cheeks as my face heated with panic. He had slid into the seat across from where I sat.

“Okay, what’s up?” Fred leaned across the table, making it painfully obvious of who he was talking to, and cutting off the option of ignoring him. I felt my face burn as people turned and stared at us. Not many Slytherins had fiery red hair.

“You’re not allowed to sit over here,” I muttered, avoiding eye contact. “You have to go back to your house table.”

“I’ll sit where ever I bloody want to until you tell me what’s wrong.”

“Nothing’s wrong.”

“Then why are you ignoring me?” I froze. Nope. Not dealing with this. Not here, not now, not ever. I quickly stood up, grabbed my things and hurried out of the Great Hall, feeling Fred hot on my trail. I rushed to the library, darting between bookshelves, before I ducked behind the last one, and realized that I had turned into a dead end. I whirled around to see Fred blocking the only escape.

“Why are you ignoring me?” He challenged again, stepping closer, causing me to inch away until my back hit the wall.

“I...I...I’m… not.” Fred snorted at me, moving forward, trapping me between the wall and his chest. I felt his muscles through his school shirt. My face burned as I somehow blushed more than before.

“Bullshit” Fred whispered into my ear, his face very, very, very close to mine. “So why are you ignoring me?” He asked once more. I couldn’t form words.

“I...I...I...just…I...what do you…” I trailed off, biting my lip nervously. I looked around for someone to ask for help, but nobody else appeared to be in the library.

“Eyes up here,” he said lowly, his own eyes barring down at me. I glanced up to meet his intense stare, blushing again. I felt his chest vibrate as he chuckled at me. “You’re so adorable when you blush, you know that?” I blushed deeper. I looked into his golden brown eyes, and took a deep breath, causing me to feel as if I had just stuck my head in a cauldron of Amortentia.

“So, last chance, why are you ignoring me?” I shook my head

“Please don’t ask me that,” I whispered, pushing against his chest.

“Was it something I did? Did George say something? Come on, tell me!” He looked worried.

“No, it’s nothing, I’ve just been busy…” He raised his eyebrows. I offered a weak attempt at a smile.

“With what?”

“Slytherin stuff.”

“What kind of ‘Slytherin stuff’?”

“It’s… classified.”

Fred sighed and pushed away from the wall. “I don’t believe you, ya know.” I shrugged, and with that, he left me standing there.

*

The next day, I was walking to Charms when someone grabbed my arm and pulled me into an empty classroom.

“Hello, love,” sang George, and Lee together. This was not good. The two of them blocked my path out of the room and smiled at me.

“So, we hear that you’ve been ignoring Freddie recently,” Lee said, grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

“In fact, you’ve kind of been ignoring all of us,” George pouted. “That’s not very nice of you.” I shrugged, unsure of how to respond.

“Now, we have been faced with the dilemma of, why could you possibly want to ignore Fred?” Lee almost seemed to be talking to himself and George now.

“So, we thought, long and hard, until we came to the realization of-“

“You started to ignore Fred around the time that we learned about Amortentia in advanced potions class, isn’t that right?” My face was currently bright red.

“Wha-what’s your point?” Both smirked at me.

“Simple question here, what did you smell in the Amortentia?”

“I, uh, well, nothing much?” I’m such an idiot. I can’t even properly talk about something to do with him, I swear to god.

“Come on now, you can tell us.”

“Fine, I smelled fresh pine and mint.” I didn’t continue.

“And?”

“That was it.”

“No, no, no, you may be smart, but you can’t fool us! What was the third thing?”

"It was..." I paused, staring at my feet.

"It was Fred, wasn't it?" Lee asked, almost seeming sympathetic now.

"Don't tell him!" I pleaded. "You can't tell him!"

"Why not?" Asked George, air-propping his chin on his hand.

"Becuase, well, just, you can't!" was my amazing reasoning.

"They can't what?" Fred had appeared in the doorway.

"They, uh, I, well," I ducked under Fred's arm and sprinted out of the classroom and down the hall.

*

It was time for lunch, but I didn't know if Fred, George, and Lee would be waiting for me to show up so that they could corner me again. In order to avoid a run-in with the boys again, I started to make my way to the library, but I didn't get too far before someone wrapped an ars around my waist and a hand around my mouth. The next thing I know, I was being pulled into an empty classroom, my wand snatched from my bag, the door slamming behind me with a click.

"What the bloody he-" I was just about to slam my fists against the locked door when two hands wrapped around my wrists, restraining me from hitting the obstacle in front of me.

"Don't do that. You'll end up hurting yourself there, love." I froze. I knew that voice. Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck!

"Let go of me, Fred," It was easier to talk when I couldn't see his beautiful face and stunning eyes.

"Maybe not," He pulled me into his chest and spoke in my hair, "I rather enjoy this position."

I turned around, only to start blushing my face off. I realized that I should have just stayed the other way. This was much, much worse. Fred's face was right in front of mine, him leaning down slightly so that our foreheads were almost touching. I backed up against the door, him following me so that I was sandwiched against the wall and his chest. 'Jesus Christ' I thought. I wish I could say that I hated being this close to Fred, but my heart was betraying me by beating faster than a hummingbird's wings.

Fred was smirking. "Wow love, flushed face," He pinched my cheek, "Sweaty palms," Fred took my hand and spun me around before pushing my back against the door and placing a hand on my chest, "And your heartbeat is flying!" He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "Now might you have the flu there, love?" I shook my head slowly. "Oh, not sick, are we? Then what might be the cause of these symptoms?" I felt as if my stomach was melting. This was bad.

"I...uh, I can explain, Fred-"

"Can you?" He got me there. I couldn't explain this without telling him about the Amortentia. I shook my head in reply.

"Well then, if you're sick, we should probably get you into bed, shouldn't we, love?" I wanted to bury my face in his chest and inhale his wonderful scent, by that would not help this situation. He smiled at me and picked me up, bridal style, carrying me up a flight of stairs. I didn't want anyone, especially not a Slytherin to see me, and I needed to calm down my 'flu symptoms', so I turned my face into his shirt and hid there. He smelled amazing. That was not helpful.

"Treacle Tart" I felt Fred's chest reverberated as he spoke, and suddenly a wall of warm air hit my back. I peeked up from Fred's arms. We must be in the Gryffindor Common Room. Fred carried me upstairs and into his dorm room, which was gratefully empty except for the two of us. I felt myself being lowered, gently place onto the bed, Fred's scent surrounding me. He sat next to me, staring at my face.

"So, are you ready to tell me what's wrong with you?" I shook my head slowly. Fred sighed. "Well, then, you really must be sick," He pulled his covers over me, tucking me in, but there was no way I'd be able to sleep. My whole body felt as if electricity was coursing through my veins, forcing my heart to pound faster. Fred laid down next to me, his hand coming up to cup my cheek as he stared into my eyes.

"Just tell me what's wrong," He pleaded, "Let me fix it, whatever it is." I took a deep, shaky breath.

"I don't think that you can fix it." Fred frowned.

"Why is that?" I shrugged. "Ah, ah, ah, Love, use your words." I blushed a deep crimson but didn't say anything. "Come on now, love, I know that you can." He rolled over and the next thing that I knew, I was pinned under Fred Weasley, his arms on either side of my head, and his chest pressed against mine. I was getting a strange sense of Déjà Vu from when we were in a similar intimate position, back in the library. Was there no end to this game?

"Tell me what's wrong" He continued to beg. "Does it have something to do with what George and Lee said?"

Shit, they told him. Fuck them! "No! They were lying! It has nothing to do with Amortentia!" He slowly grinned at me.

"So, it has something to do with Amortentia, eh?" Shit! Fucking shit! Are you fucking kidding me? The fucking beautiful bastard tricked me!

Fred almost seemed to tell that I was mentally gritting my teeth. He naturally laughed at me.

"Fuck you, Fred Weasley," I hissed, glaring at anything but his perfect face.

"Maybe later, love," He fucking winked at me. Will this torture never end?

"But now," he smirked again, "Tell me what you smell in the Amortentia." He knew. He so fucking knew. "Actually, let me guess," His smirk got bigger

"Fresh pine," as he spoke he slowly seemed to inch his face closer to mine. "Mint," even closer now, "and what might have been the last thing you smelled, love?"

I could barely form a single word without our lips touching at this point. His face was less than a centimeter away from my face.

"I...I...um...Fred," I breathed, staring up into his golden eyes. He was grinning wider than anything I had ever seen before.

"You smelled me, huh?" I blushed but nodded. He closed the gap between our faces, his strong arms wrapping around me as he kissed me. When he pulled away he was grinning like a mad man. "Good, because I smelled you." I smiled "And I was worried that you were ignoring me 'cause George and Lee told you and you didn't like me back." I laughed.

"And I was scared that you wouldn't like me either!" Both of us laughed together, and spent the rest of the night in eachother's arms
Sign up to rate and review this story