Categories > Books > Harry Potter > What Goes Around...Comes Around...Lost and Found...Love

Mission Accomplished

by ilex 0 reviews

Goodbyes and Hellos...bittersweet and just plain bitter.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Angelina Johnson, Arthur Weasley, Bellatrix, Bill Weasley, Blaise Zabini, Cho, Colin Creevey, Crabbe, Dean Thomas, Dobby, Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Ernie, Fleur, Flitwick, Fred, George, Ginny, Goyle, Hagrid, Harry, Hermione, James, Justin, Kingsley, - Warnings: [!] [?] [R] [V] - Published: 2006-09-25 - Updated: 2006-09-25 - 2123 words

1Original



Chapter 30





Mission Accomplished





Winky had set up a light snack buffet, so the party continued for another hour or so. Finally the guests began to take their leave, reluctantly, but knowing the hour was getting very late.



"We had a marvelous time, Anna, and I know I speak for the entire Weasley clan when I say thank you," Arthur said, as the guests gathered in the front hallway, donning coats and preparing to leave.



"It was my pleasure. And I'm so happy Bill and Fleur took the opportunity to make their big announcement tonight. That was the cherry on the top of the party cake, as far as I'm concerned," Anna added, as she hugged each Weasley and their dates as they filed out the door.



"Harry, mate, you /have /to pop down to the Burrow. I'm stuck with four females this week, when Dad's at work. I'm out numbered, badly, and, besides, we could get in some practice with our slingshots, come to that."





"Neville's going to be staying here with Anna and me for the rest of the holiday, so we'll both come. Yeah, we'll take the Floo Network and spend some time down there with you. No problem," agreed Harry. "It'll be fun."



"Great. I'll send Pig after I talk it over with Mom and we'll get it planned for later this week. See you!"



X # X # X



"Now, you behave yourself, young man," admonished 'Gran', as she put on her gloves. "I'll send your trunk over first thing in the morning, and if I find anything at home you might need, I'll have is sent here later this week."



"Yes, Gran," Neville nodded, "I'll be fine here with Harry and Anna, don't you worry. And I'll go over to St. Mungo's and see Mum and Dad again before we go back to school, too."



"That's a good boy. Well, Anna, take care, and don't let these two run you ragged," instructed Mrs. Longbottom, as she kissed her hostess goodbye.



"Everything will be fine, 'Gran', they'll behave and so will I." She winked at the old lady, who chuckled and departed with the Weasleys.



Hermione, Ginny and Luna said their goodbyes and Ginny gave Harry a kiss before running down the stairs. Neville poked his friend in the ribs, but Harry just blushed and smiled.



X # X # X



Mad-Eye stomped up to Anna. "Thanks for inviting me, Anna. I can't remember the last time I was at such a grand party."



"Well, that's high praise, coming from you, Mad-Eye," Anna laughed, giving her old friend a hug and kiss. "Guess that means it was a success."



"Indeed it was, Anna," agreed Minerva McGonagall, as she and Albus Dumbledore made their way to the door. "We had a marvelous time, didn't we Albus."



"We most certainly did. Thank you, Anna, for a delightful evening," Dumbledore said, kissing Anna on the cheek. "We'll see you back at school, the end of next week."



"Certainly, and you enjoy the peace and quiet there at Hogwarts, while you can."



X # X # X



Waving goodbye from the top of the front steps, Anna closed the outside door as Harry and Neville went back into the hall.



"Come on Neville, I'll show you where you're sleeping."



The two teenagers took off up the stairs, laughing and chatting about the evening's events. Anna stood, leaning on the inside door, smiling. She looked to the entrance of the library, as Severus Snape emerged.



"Has everyone gone?"



"Remus and Gwen are still here, but they'll be leaving in a few minutes, I should think. Ah, speak of the devil."



Gwen and Remus were walking down the hall from the back of the house, arms around each other, talking, totally unaware of being watched. Severus took two steps backward and disappeared into the darkened library.



"Anna, we're going now. We straightened up the music collection and unplugged the pinball machines. Anything else we need to help you with?" Remus asked.



"No, thanks, you two. Winky has everything under control. She and Dobby are going to do the tidying up together. So, that's that."



"Happy New Year, Anna." Gwen hugged her step-mother. "Another successful party."



"Happy New Year, dear. And you, too, Remus." Giving him a hug and kiss. "Yes, I think this was one for the books, especially with the snowball fights."



"We'll not be showing up until way past lunchtime tomorrow, whoops, today. I'm planning on a long sleep-in, so you do the same, you hear," admonished Gwen. "You need to relax. You've been on the run since you got here. This is your doctor speaking. /Get some rest/."



"Right. I solemnly swear to pull the covers over my head and ignore all alarms in the morning. I promise, really."



Remus and Gwen stepped out into the cold night and went down the steps. Anna watched from the vestibule as they made their way along the snow covered sidewalk. She heard Severus behind her. Reaching for the switch on the wall, she turned out the light over their heads, plunging the small space into darkness. His arms went around her and he bent and nuzzled her neck.



Spinning, she put her arms around him and gave herself over to his kisses. They stood there for several minutes, lost in each other and totally oblivious to the world. Harry and Neville came clattering down the stairs, heading for the kitchen, but never noticed the two lovers in the darkened vestibule. Anna smiled and giggled, like a kid who'd just gotten away with something.



"I'd better take my leave, before we're spotted. I'll be missed, as it is, at the /Leaky Cauldron/, if I don't show up soon." Severus took his traveling cape off its hook and swung it around his shoulders.



"Nonsense, it's not a dorm and you don't have a curfew. Stay a little longer, please."



"Would that I could, but I'd be too tempted to throw caution to the wind and stay all night. That's not a good idea with Potter and Longbottom running loose."



"Well, at least you came to my house for a visit. Now it's my turn to visit you/." Anna wiggled her eyebrows. "I'll have Remus see the boys onto the train, so I can come back to Hogwarts, say...next Thursday? We'll have Thursday night and all day Friday and that night, too. /And Saturday night, as I know some of the staff will be returning on Saturday morning."



"That's not enough time, as far as I'm concerned."



"Don't be greedy. Besides, as far as I'm concerned, when I'm alone with you, we've got all the time in the world." She stood on tip toe and kissed him on the end of his nose.



"Planning on bringing a Time Turner with you, perhaps?" Severus' eyebrow went up.



"Don't be daft. You know you can't use a Time Turner for the kinds of things we have planned."



"Would that we could."



"Severus, you're a dirty old man!"



"Figured that out on your own, did you?"



"Putz!"



"Kiss me and than shove me out the door, or I'll ravage you right here, woman."



"Yes, Professor."



A long, deep, passionate goodbye kiss, and then Severus turned on his heels, walked out the door, down the steps and Disapparated. Anna hung her head and smiled sadly as she closed the outside door. Sighing, she lifted her head, turned the vestibule light back on and then went down to the kitchen to help the boys raid the fridge.



X # X # X



"Fifteen minutes visiting time only, Madam Malfoy. No exceptions. I'll return when your time is over. Please leave you cloak, purse, wand and any other personal belongings in this cabinet."



"Very well."



Narcissa Malfoy removed her gloves and put them with her purse and wand on the shelf, then removed her cloak and hung it in the cabinet.



"Your jewelry also, please, including your wedding ring."



"Is that really necessary?"



"Policy, Madam."



Narcissa gave the guard a withering look but removed her rings, bracelets and earrings and laid them next to her wand. She pulled the comb from her hair and shook out the platinum tresses that hung nearly to her waist.



"Is that sufficient?" she inquired as she placed the hair comb on the shelf.



"Yes. Thank you for your cooperation. This way please."



Following the guard down the long, chilly passageway, she shivered; not only from the cold and damp that pervaded the stone fortress, but from nerves. She'd only seen Lucius once since the trial and now the Dark Lord wanted her to deliver his message. And she had to hide that small leather pouch somewhere.



Lucius was waiting for her, standing beside the two wooden chairs that were the only furnishings in the small visitors' room. The guard stepped aside to allow her to enter.



"Fifteen minutes."



He closed and locked the door. His footsteps faded away as Lucius stood staring at his wife.



"/Well/? When am I getting out of this God forsaken place?"



"Hello to you, too, my darling," replied Narcissa. "I'm glad to see you are well. I've missed you," she added sarcastically.



"Don't get smart with me, Narcissa; it's unbecoming and we both /know you haven't missed my companionship. For that matter, companionship is probably the /least of your problems."



"You bastard/. I didn't come all this way to listen to your insults. I get enough of that kind of snide abuse from the entire Wizarding community. If you think I've been basking in the sympathy of solicitous friends, you are /sadly mistaken, Lucius. No one's attitude toward you, and by association, myself and Draco, has softened one bit."



"Speaking of Draco, where is the brat?"



"At home, suffering from a bad case of flu. He's had a rotten holiday, poor dear."



"Ha! Doesn't want to waste his holiday time traveling to see his father, more likely," sneered Lucius. "So...no one cares if I rot in Azkaban, is that what you are trying to tell me in your own subtle way?"



"Precisely."



"Any word from my Master?"



"The Dark Lord is going to rescue all of you."



"When?"



"I don't know. I've just been asked to give you instructions, which you will pass on to the others. Wormtail will tell you when it's to happen."



"Wormtail is here?"



"No, but he'll come when the time is right. He will give you, and the others, a ring to wear."



"Why?"



"The Dark Lord didn't feel it necessary to give me all of the details to his plan. He just needed me to relay his instructions. Put the ring on and wait."



"At least he's finally getting us out of here. Is he...still blaming us...about the loss of the Prophecy?"



"Well, he's not /pleased/."



They stood for a long moment, staring at each other, and then Lucius walked over to Narcissa. She raised her arms to put them around his neck, but seizing her wrists, Lucius pushed her back against the wall. Holding her hands fast against the cold stone, he kissed her hungrily, deeply, causing Narcissa to moan.



Letting go of one of her wrists, Lucius grabbed the front of her gown and yanked down, ripping the shoulder seam, exposing her breast. Lowering his head, cupping her breast and sucking hard on its nipple, he bit, making her gasp and sob.



Lucius stood upright, released her and began to undo his prison issue pants. Narcissa, staring at him with no expression on her face, lifted her skirt. He pushed her, roughly, to the floor, kicked her legs apart and dropped to his hands and knees. Stifling her cries with his mouth, he took her; brutally, swiftly.



X # X # X



The guard unlocked the door. "Time's up, Madame Mal .. foy"



But Narcissa had pushed past him and started down the hall, her arms crossed over her breasts, her heels clicking loudly on the stone floor. Startled, the guard looked into the visitors' room to see Lucius seated on one of the chairs with his feet propped up on the other. Lucius glanced over at the guard and then threw his head back and started laughing. The sound echoed down the hallway, taunting Narcissa all the way to the door at the far end.



When the guard caught up with her, she had her cloak on and was dumping her jewelry, rather unceremoniously, into her purse. Grabbing her gloves and wand, she turned and headed for the exit without a word to the guard, who followed her in silence. He never noticed the small leather pouch she had thrown between the cabinet and the wall. It lay in the shadows and dust, to be retrieved at the proper time.












Sign up to rate and review this story