Categories > Books > Harry Potter > What Goes Around...Comes Around...Lost and Found...Love

Guess What Everyone!!

by ilex 0 reviews

Bill and Fleur's 'surprise'...to no-one, really. House tours and mistletoe. Happy New Year!

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Characters: Angelina Johnson, Arthur Weasley, Bellatrix, Bill Weasley, Blaise Zabini, Cho, Colin Creevey, Crabbe, Dean Thomas, Dobby, Draco, Dudley, Dumbledore, Ernie, Fleur, Flitwick, Fred, George, Ginny, Goyle, Hagrid, Harry, Hermione, James, Justin - Warnings: [!] [?] [R] [V] - Published: 2006-09-25 - Updated: 2006-09-25 - 2339 words

1Original
Chapter 28






Chapter 29



Guess What Everyone!





"That was bizarre." Harry shook his head as he walked back into the house.



"But fun," Anna added, putting her arm around Harry's shoulder. "How many drinks did Vernon have?"



"Just a few, but not too many."



"Ah, that explains a lot."



"You should have heard what Snape..."



"Professor Snape."



"Professor Snape said to my uncle."



Harry related the conversation and Anna roared with laughter.



"I've never know anyone who could slit your throat and make you feel like you were special for the attention, like Severus Snape can. You uncle honestly thought he was complimenting him? He didn't know he was slamming the way they'd treated you as a kid?"



"Apparently not. But he said he was creeped out by Professor Snape, which was the smartest thing I've ever heard Uncle Vernon say."



"Then he's not a dumb as I thought. Oh, well, let's join the party, shall we?"



X # X # X



Most of the guests were in the music room, with a lively discussion going on as to what all of the electronic equipment was for. Hermione and Gwen were trying to explain everything, but when Anna entered, Gwen grabbed her arm, and steered her into a corner.



"Bill Weasley wants a quick word with you, but don't be too obvious."



Nodding, Anna scanned the room and spotted Bill and Fleur in the corner by the rear window. Wending her way over to them, she raised an eyebrow as she approached. Bill leaned over and whispered into her ear, which caused a smile to spread across her face. She glanced down, and then looked up at them.



"No time like the present...just give me a minute."



Going over to Remus, she spoke softly to him; he nodded and left the room, returning with Professor Dumbledore, Minerva McGonagall, Mad-Eye, Severus and 'Gran' Longbottom. He gave Anna a wink and she walked over and shut off the stereo. Holding up a hand to stem the chorus of protests, she cleared her throat.



"If I could have your undivided attention, please; Bill has something he'd like to say." Anna proclaimed, pointing to the back of the room. The entire group swiveled to look at the oldest Weasley son.



"Guess what, everybody? Fleur and I are getting married!"



Fleur held up her left hand and wiggled her fingers, showing off a spectacular ring. All of the girls squealed and surged forward to admire and cluck over it, wishing her and Bill the best. Molly was nearly choking her son and his future wife as she hugged them, each in turn, laughing and crying at the same time. Bill was also being mobbed by his brothers and father.



When the Weasley family finally calmed down, 'Gran' Longbottom spoke for the rest of Anna's guests as she approached the happy couple. "Congratulations William...Miss Delacour. May you have many happy years together."



"Thank you, Madame," whispered Fleur, blushing as the grand old lady kissed her cheeks and gave her a warm embrace.



"Yes, you two really know how to turn the fun up a notch," Anna added as she gave them both a hug. "I think we may have to break out the champagne early tonight. Winky!"



The house elf appeared, with Dobby in tow.



"Yes, Missy Anna?"



"Winky, we need some champagne, but not right this minute. Could you and Dobby set out flutes at each place on the tables, and then we can have a toast at dinner. Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour just announced their engagement."



Winky beamed. "Oh, yes, Missy Anna, that is an excellent reason. I is getting everything right away."



"Splendid. Hello, Dobby, I haven't had a chance to talk to you yet tonight. My, don't you look /marvelous/! Turn around and let me see if it fits you properly."



Dobby turned around slowly so Anna could see how nicely the ring bearer sized tuxedo jacket, that she had sent for Christmas, fitted him. The pearl gray satin with the matching velvet collar was just the right size but the mismatched socks he was wearing clashed so violently with each other, as to render Anna speechless when she tried to focus on them.



"Dobby wants to thank Missy Anna for the jacket she is sending him for Christmas. And Harry Potter, sir, look! I is wearing the socks you is sending me, too."



Harry had walked over to say hello to the house elf, when he saw his present on display in all their glory. He quickly suppressed the grin threatening to spread across his face.



"Glad you like them, Dobby," he answered in all seriousness. "I searched up and down Oxford Street to find just the right ones for you, you know. And thank you for the scarf you sent me, too. You're really giving Mrs. Weasley some stiff competition in the knitting department."



"I is glad you is liking it, Harry Potter. Oh, I must go help Winky!" And off he trotted.



X # X # X



Anna whispered into Gwen's ear, who turned, grinned at her, nodded and then headed over to the stereo equipment. Running a finger down the collection lining the shelves, she selected a CD and slipped it into the player.



"Dum-dum-dum-dum-da-da-da-dum...woo-hoo!..Dum-dum-dum-dum-dum...It's a Celebration!" Kay C and the Sunshine Band blared forth. Fred and George started dancing with Katie and Angelina, as the infectious beat filled the room, joined quickly by Bill and Fleur, Charlie and Tonks. Hermione dragged Ron out into the middle of the floor and Harry and Ginny looked at each other, shrugged and began to dance. Luna was pulling a reluctant Neville out of the corner as Anna indicated to the older crowd that they should move out of harm's way, into the hall.



"How about that tour of the house," she asked, over the din. "I think Molly, Arthur, Remus and Gwen can handle this lot."



"Quite, my dear," agreed 'Gran', linking arms with Anna. "Lead on."



Albus, Mad-Eye and Minerva followed them across the hall to the back parlor. They found Severus Snape chatting with Christopher.



"Hello everyone," Christopher called out, on seeing them, "running for cover or taking the guided tour?"



"Yes, to both questions, dear," Anna replied. "We're just starting the 'ten-pence' tour. Care to join us, Severus?"



"Delighted. We'll talk later, Christopher."



"Certainly. Think I'll pop across the hall and watch the fun."



X # X # X



"And last, but certainly not least, my pride and joy; the conservatory," proclaimed Anna as she led the small group into the glass enclosure.



"How lovely," exclaimed Minerva McGonagall as she surveyed the hanging baskets of ferns and rows of potted plants. "Very spot for an early morning cup of tea."



Peering through the glass, Professor Dumbledore surveyed the back yard and garden.



"The outside portion of your garden must be equally inviting - in the spring and summer that is."



"Yes, it is, Albus, but a bit bleak right now. It was Christopher's territory. I decorated the inside of the house and he had carte blanche with the gardens; here and at Briarwood. I, unfortunately, did not inherit my mother's green thumb. It's all I can do to not kill these ferns."



"Your home is quite beautiful, my dear." 'Gran' Longbottom settled herself on a bistro chair next to a small table in one corner. "I think your suggestion to allow Neville to stay here with you and our young Mister Potter for the rest of the holiday, to save me another trip to London, has merit. I'll send his trunk along from The /Leaky Cauldron/ and I'll trust you to see him safe onto the Express back to Hogwarts."



"Oh, splendid! The boys will have a great time together and I'll see they behave themselves."



"I'm not certain who needs supervision the most, Longbottom and Potter or yourself," teased Professor McGonagall.



"Shhhh!" Anna put her finger to her lips and tried to look innocent.



"I agree with Professor McGonagall, Mrs. Longbottom. Anastasia needs as much, if not more supervision that your grandson, Potter and any of the other students here tonight, /combined/," Severus commented as he glided past Anna, but he gave her a wink.



"Thanks a /lot/, Severus, for /that /little vote of confidence." Anna rolled her eyes as everyone laughed.



"Oh, I think everyone will be just fine, Professor Snape. They'll watch over each others behavior, I'm sure." 'Gran' patted Anna's arm, reassuringly.



"Missy Anna?"



"Yes, Winky. I'm over here."



"Mr. Weasley is wanting to play with the pinball machines, Miss. He has found the games in the back parlor."



"Speaking of needing supervision." Anna shook her head. "Tell Harry or Remus to plug them in and turn them on for him, Winky. They know how the games work."



"Yes, Miss." The house elf padded off.



"Pinball? Well, perhaps we should inspect these games ourselves," suggested Professor Dumbledore.



"Let's!" agreed Minerva McGonagall.



"Augusta?" Mad-Eye offered his arm to 'Gran' Longbottom.



"Thank you, Alastor." The old lady smiled sweetly at the imposing Auror as he steered her into the house.



Severus grabbed Anna's elbow and held her back as the group wended their way to the stairs.



X # X # X



Turning to Anna, when he was sure everyone had gone upstairs, he dug into his pocket.



"I found something."



"What?'



"This." Severus produced a sprig of mistletoe.



"Liar. You nicked that from somewhere upstairs."



"Guilty. /But.../I understand it's dead useful." Raising it above Anna's head, he bent to kiss her.



Lifting her lips to his, she froze. "Wait! Someone's coming down the stairs."



"Let them. Kiss me."



"It's Gwen and Remus, they'll see us!"



"I don't care. Kiss me."



Gwen and Remus headed into the kitchen.



"It's usually right over..." She jerked to a halt as Remus grabbed her elbow. "What the..."



"Shhh! Look," Remus whispered, pointing through the breakfast room to the conservatory.



Gwen's eyes widened and her mouth dropped open at the sight of Anna and Severus kissing under the sprig of mistletoe being held aloft. Gwen spun around and looked at Remus.



"Did you know anything was going on between them?" she whispered.



Remus shook his head no, gave Gwen's arm a tug and pulled her back into the hall.



"He might just be getting into the holiday spirit," ventured Gwen.



"Severus? That's hard to believe, even having just seen it with my own eyes."



Gwen peeked around the corner, then looked back at Remus, smiling. "They're still at it."



"Humm. That gives me an idea." Taking Gwen in his arms, he kissed her. "Why should Severus have all the fun?" Remus took a peek around the corner himself.



"Or Anna," agreed Gwen, as she pulled Remus back and then wrapped her arms around his neck.



X # X # X



"Ah, hem!"



Remus and Gwen jumped apart, smiling sheepishly.



"You two should get a room."



Anna was standing there, arms crossed, tapping her foot, shaking her head.



"Look who's talking!" Gwen laughed.



"Nonsense. That was an innocent holiday kiss, complete with mistletoe. Not the blatant spit swapping you two were engaging in just now!"



"Spit swap...Anna!"



"Tut...Tut...Tut." Shaking her head sadly, Anna swept regally past them and up the stairs.



Severus emerged from the kitchen and paused next to them. One eyebrow went up. Remus shook his head.



"Don't say a word, Severus .. not .. /one/."



"I /won't .. if /you don't .. Remus."



Remus looked at Severus, puzzled and then nodded.



"Fair enough."



Severus held out the mistletoe, which Gwen took and then he followed Anna up the stairs. Gwen and Remus looked at each other. Gwen snickered. Remus shrugged.



"Now, where were we, before we were so rudely interrupted?" he asked, returning his thoughts to matters at hand.



Looking at the sprig in her hand, Gwen flipped it over her shoulder. "Sod mistletoe. Kiss me."



X # X # X



Dinner was declared a spectacular success and Winky received a standing ovation for her efforts. Bill and Fleur had been toasted, and dessert was served, although most took their plates and settled in different parts of the house to chat and finish off the goodies Winky had prepared. Before anyone realized, it was almost midnight. The entire group gathered in the music room to watch the countdown on the telly.



"Has everyone a glass of champagne?" Anna looked around, checking that all of her guests were ready.



"Might I propose a toast?" asked Christopher from his vantage point on the wall.



"Certainly, dear." Anna smiled up at her late husband.



Christopher walked to the front of the painting he was using and looked around at the gathered guests.



"Anna and I had a little tradition of dancing on Christmas Eve to 'Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas'; an old song from the 1940's. So, I'm going to use some of the lyrics, if you don't mind, for my toast.



"Here we are as in olden days, happy golden days of yore, faithful friends, who are dear to us, gather near to us, once more. I know that, in a year we all will be together, if the Fates allow, until then, we'll have to muddle through, somehow, so have yourselves a very Happy New Year now.



"To all of our Friends and families, God bless and watch over us. May we all have a Happy and safe New Year. Cheers!"



"CHEERS!"



"Hey everyone, look at the telly! 10 .. 9 .. 8 .. 7 .. 6 .. 5 .."



Anna felt someone at her elbow, and without looking, knew it was Severus. He slipped his hand around her waist. She leaned her head on his shoulder.



"4 .. 3 .. 2 .. 1 .. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!"



There were kisses and hugs all around; even Severus was seen giving Minerva, Molly and 'Gran' a peck on the cheek. Fred and George had brought a small supply of fireworks which they proceeded to set off outside in the street, to appropriate oohs and aahs. The younger guests then renewed the snowball fight for twenty minutes or so, with the older crowd wisely viewed the goings on from the safety of the parlor and library windows.




Sign up to rate and review this story