Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I remember

Chapter 3

by LOVELA 1 review

I remember when we were lost in innocence and then innocence was lost.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-09-25 - Updated: 2006-09-26 - 864 words

2Insightful
I was hoping to have some more classes with Pete, but I didn't get to see him the rest of the day. Joe on the other hand was in my math class and a total riot the entire time. The teacher was easy going and younger, so she let the students, like Joe, get away with a lot of banter. It was quite entertaining, which was a relief, since Math is my worst subject.

I was relieved to realize that I had made it through my first official day of school. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I met some nice people and have prospects of a friend in the works.

"Hey!" Pete said from behind me as I grabbed my books. Thinking of the Devil.

"Hi," I said smiling to him. I lifted my bag onto my shoulder.

"Lots of homework?" he asked looking sympathetic.

"Well, I figured since it is the weekend and I have nothing to do since I know practically no one, I should take that as an opportunity to catch up," I said leaning against my locker.

"Well, I'm glad that you mentioned you have nothing to do. Do you want to come to my soccer game? Joe and Andy usually go, so you will have someone to sit with," he said nicely as we began to walk out of the school.

"I don't know if I like soccer. My school never had it," I said back still wondering what his motives were for being so nice.

"You never watched soccer before?" he asked shocked almost stopping in his tracks. I didn't stop walking letting him fall behind.

"Nope," I said simply as he walked briskly to catch up.

"Well, then you have to come. I can't believe you have never seen soccer before. It's fun," he said to me.

"I'm thinking you are biased," I said teasing him a little.

"True," he agreed with me. I continued on walking and Pete continued to sell the whole soccer thing to me. I just nodded and smiled. I had already made up my mind that it would be fun to watch his soccer game, but I enjoyed stringing him along.

Once we got to my driveway I decided it would be best to let him know that I will come to his game.

"Ok, Pete, I'll come. It sounds like fun," I said turning to him and smiling.

"You made that decision a while ago didn't you?" he said laughing.

"Only a couple of blocks ago," I said back to him.

"Well, in that case would you like to hang out afterwards? A bunch of us get together and, you know, hang," he said now sounding nervous.

"Are you getting like some form of extra credit or something?" I asked not being one to keep in my inner thoughts for long.

"Excuse me?" he asked sounding shocked.

"Well, you barely know me and you are being so nice to me. Why?" I asked honestly.

"I dunno. I just thought maybe you would like to meet some people," he said sounding defensive.

"I'm sorry, but you just don't seem like the type to hang out with someone like me. Do you know how suspicious it seems? I come from a school with major clicks and our clicks wouldn't click you know what I mean," I stated my case.

"Well, looks can be very deceiving. Joe, the guy you met at lunch, is my best friend in the entire world even though we have different tastes. I play soccer because I enjoy the game, not because I enjoy my teammates. The truth is, our school doesn't have very many girls like you and I wanted to get to know you before someone got a hold of your soul and drowned it with their fake two faces and lies," he said sounding extremely passionate and irritated that I questioned his motives.

"God Pete, I must look like the biggest bitch in the world. I am so sorry for questioning you?" I said feeling like an idiot.

"It's alright. You are in a new place. I can understand that you are on guard," he said lightening up a little. I just nodded. I didn't even know what to say anymore.

"So, tonight. How about you meet Joe and Andy in front of the gate? I'll let Joe know you will be there. The game starts at 7:30, but you should probably get their around 7:00," he said breaking the silence, but talking extremely fast. He must have wanted to get far away from me.

"Yeah, that sounds good," I said looking downward. I am such an idiot.

"Hey, don't worry about it. It takes a lot to get me angry. You have every right to question everyone. In fact, I almost recommend it," he said backing away slowly. I just smiled at him.

"I am sorry," I said to him.

"Don't worry about it. You can make it up to me by cheering loudly, alright?" he asked.
"Alright," I said back to Pete who was practically at the end of my driveway.

"See ya tonight!" he yelled and left down the street.
Sign up to rate and review this story