Categories > TV > JAG > Love Conquers All

Becoming a Family

by Ew11581 0 reviews

Mac gives her answer to harm and the two of them have a surprise for Chloe and Lani.

Category: JAG - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2020-09-23 - 1193 words - Complete

0Unrated

So what will Mac's answer be? You are about to find out. Thanks for all the support on the previouse chapters. Hope you enjoy.

Mac gasped when she saw the box Harm had in his hand, but she didn't hesitate before nodding her head and half whispering, "Yes! Yes! Yes, Harm. I'll marry you. I love you... so much!"
Happy tears streamed down the Marine's face as Harm got to his feet and pulled her close.
"I love you too, Sarah," he replied softly, with tears in his own eyes. The pair kissed deeply, only breaking apart when they heard loud cheers behind them. They both cleared their throats in embarressment but they were amused at the same time. Chloe and Lani ran over to their foster parents and hugged them both. They were quickly followed by the Roberts family.
Harriet pulled Harm in to a quick hug before turning to hug Mac tightly. "Oh my gosh, I'm so happy for you guys!"
"Thanks, Harriet. I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life," Mac replied softly.
"When's the wedding Aunt Mac?" Lani inquired.
The adults chuckled and Mac gently answered, "Sweetie, we just got engaged two minutes ago. We haven't even discussed that,yet."
Lani tilted her head to the side, pondering that for a moment."Oh."
At that moment, Turner, Chegwidden, Coates, and Tiner along Meredith and Bobbi Lathem all came up to the couple to give their own hugs, kisses, or handshakes of congratulations.
"This is the best news ever, Buddy," Turner told Harm.
"It's about time you two got your heads out of your sixes and tied the knot," Chegwidden added.
"We should all go somewhere soon and really celebrate," suggested Meredith.
"How 'bout tomorrow night? Is everyone free then?" Bud asked.
They all said they were, so the next evening, then group went to The Equinox Restaurant. The view was beautiful, and even the kids enjoyed the food and atmosphere. It was wonderful for Harm and Mac to just be together as a family with the people they loved to celebrate their act of love. After dinner the JAG family headed to the National Mall to walk around for a bit. No one wanted the night to end, but all too soon, it was time to get sleepy children home to bed and for the adults to get rested up for work the next day. So reluctantly, everyone headed back to their homes.
A couple of days later, Mac and Harm surprised the girls by calling a family meeting.
"What's going on? Are we in trouble?" inquired Lani timidly.
Mac sighed. Poor Lani still was having residual anxiety due to her father's actions. "No,honey. This is something good. I promise."
"So what's this about?" asked Chloe.
"Well, Mac and I have been talking and we wanted to ask both of you if you would be ok with us legally adopting you," Harm explained
"We want you both to be our daughters officially," Mac added.
The girls were silent for a moment before Lani spoke up, "You mean you want to keep me forever? Be my mama and Daddy? And Chloe and I will be sisters?"
"That's right. You can stay with us until you are ready to go to college or whatever you chose for your life."
"Me,too?" Chloe pressed.
Harm nodded with a smile. "Of course. We love both of you so much. We want to be a family together. So what do ya say?"
Chloe and Lani looked at each other before throwing themselves into Harm's and Mac's arms.
"Yes! Yes, yes, yes!" Chloe exclaimed.
Lani burst into tears and just sobbed. Mac scooped her up and silently rocked her until she calmed down.
"Sweetie, what's wrong? If you're not ready for this...." she began,after Lani's sobs had slowed down.
Lani shook her head. "I just can't beleive you really want me. After what my father did to you."
Mac hugged her little girl even tighter and struggled to hold back tears as she murmured firmly, "You had nothing to do with that. You are not to blame for your father's choices, do you understand? We love you very much. William Farmer does not define who you are or who you'll grow up to be. We want you as our daughter if that's what you want,"
Lani nodded. "Yes. It's what I want. I love you, Mac."
"Love you too, honey," replied Mac, kissing the girl on the forehead.
"Now,we have to tell you that this is a long process. It will take months before it's official, which is why we want to start the process now," Harm informed the Chloe and Lani.
"But they won't take us away,will they?" asked Lani nervously.
"No. They can't do that unless they find legal reasons, and they won't," Mac assured the little girl. With that, Chloe and Lani hugged their future parents again.
After pulling away, Mac suggested, "How 'bout popcorn and a movie."
The suggestion was met with resounding approval, so Mac went to make the popcorn while Chloe and Lani chose a movie.
The next day, Harm and Mac started the adoption process. Then it was time to concentrate on wedding prep. One day, Mac, Harriet, Chloe, and Lani went dress shopping. Chloe was a jr. bridesmaid with Harriet as the Matron of Honor. Lani was chosen as the flower girl. Across town, Harm, along with his Best Man,Bud and his groomsman,Turner, was looking at tuxes. Little AJ was also with him to get a tux to wear as Ring Bearer.
Mac didn't really find a dress she liked. So she decided to have one designed. It would have a trumpet/mermaid skirt and lace bodice. It would be sleevless and have a v-neck. She decided to forgo the vail and use a pearl hair clip that would match the cream-colored lace.
Chloe and Harriet both found Forrest green dresses that were perfect. Mac's colors would be Forrest green and burgandy. Chloe's was a v-neck, tea-length, sleevless Chiffon, and Harriet found an ankle length Chiffon with ruffled beading and sequins on the bodice. the sleeves were three-quarter length and flowing.
"Wow. You guys may look even more beautiful than me," Mac observed.
Chloe gave her foster mother a big hug and insisted, "Impossible."
"Well, Lani? do you see a dress you like?" Harriet asked.
The young girl looked around the store and then timidly pointed out a beautiful sleevless, full-length dress with a burgandy tulle skirt and cream-colored lace over-lay on the bodice.
"This one," she requested softly.
"Wow, Lan! That's perfect," Chloe excitedly told her sister.
"That is just the right dress for you," Mac agreed.
Mac gave her messurements and the purchased the girls' dresses while Harriet purchased her own. Then they headed out to eat lunch before going back home. Shoe shopping would be done separately.
Well, it's almost time for the wedding. It will happen in the chapter after next. Next chapter will deal with the Shower, and bachelor and bachelorette parties and other things leading up to the wedding. Thanks for reading this chapter.
Sign up to rate and review this story