Categories > TV > JAG > Love Conquers All

Forever At Last

by Ew11581 0 reviews

Well, here's the wedding chapter, and also, Mac gets a special surprise from her girls.

Category: JAG - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2020-09-28 - 1773 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hey. Here's chapter ten. Hope you all enjoy the wedding and all that leads up to it.

As the day of the wedding got closer, Harriet planned a shower for her best friend. Since they had already gotten things for the house, there wasn't too much Mac needed,but Harriet didn't want her to miss out on that part of the wedding celebration.
Mac recieved some beautiful Haviland china in a Blue Garland patteren from Harriet and Bud. From Meredith and the Admiral, she received pottery dishes with a pattern called International. Most of the other guests gave her table linins and cloth napkins or everyday dishes. Coates gave her a waffle iron with a Snoopy ,Flying Ace theme.
"Frank and I have a present for you and Harm as well," Trish spoke up. She handed her soon-to-be daughter -in- law an envelope.
Mac opened it and let out a gasp. "Trish, this is... I can't accept this. It's too much."
"You can and you will. We want to do this. Please let us do this for you and our son. We're also going to stay with the girls while you're gone," Trish insisted. Mac held back tears as she hugged her future mother-in-law. In the envelope were two plane tickets to the Caaman Islands, along with hotel reservations. Trish and Frank were paying for the entire honeymoon.
"Thank you all, so much," Mac said, after opening her gifts.
"There's one more!" exclaimed Lani, as she and Chloe headed to Harriet's back yard. Trish and Harriet grinned, knowing what was coming.
When the two girl's returned, Chloe had a furry mutt in her arms.
"Girl's, what....?" Mac began.
"Dad told us about your dog from when you were a kid. We went together to get this one. Dad gave us permission," Chloe explained. The girls had been calling Mac and Harm by the parental names for about a month now, and it made both of them smile everytime they heard it.
"Frank and I took them to pick this little guy up," Trish added.
Mac became teary-eyed as she took the puppy from her daughter and stroked his soft fur.
"So, what are you going to name him?" Harriet asked.
Mac thought for a moment.
"Ace," she finally replied.
"After the Flying Ace?" Jen asked.
Mac nodded. "He's going to be part Harm's dog,too, so he has to have something about pilots or planes in his name."
"Exactly," Lani agreed.
For the rest of the shower, everyone enjoyed playing with ace and eating the food that Harriet had made. That night in bed, Mac was petting Ace and snuggling with Harm.
"So did you like your present?" the man inquired.
"He's perfect. Not as perfect as you, though. Our family is complete, and it will be offcial in two months," was Mac's soft and content answer.
Two nights before the wedding, Harm was given a bachelor party and Mac had a spa evening for her bachelorette party. Chloe and Lani went to the movies with Bella and Lacey. They would be spending the night with them.
Harm and the men went to the sports complex which included an obstical course and shooting range.
At the spa, Mac and her friends and mother-in-law enjoyed a time of relaxation with drinks and refreshments. Since the girls weren't there, the group gave Mac beautiful lengerie and a spa treatment gift basket. By the time Mac and Harm got home, they were exausted but relaxed and contented. In just two days they would experience the happiest day of their lives.
On the big day, Mac was getting ready for the ceremony at Harriet's house with the others in the bridal party. The men were at the admiral's getting ready. The wedding was taking place at the park where the MIA Wall was located. Harm had decided that he wanted his dad to be included in the ceremony somehow.
Mac smiled as she recieved a text from Harm.
It read: In just two hours you will be officially known as Sarah McKenzie Rabb. I love you with all my heart, Ninja.
Mac quickly texted back: Right back atcha, Flyboy.
Then she turned to Chloe and Lani and inquired, "Are you two ready to sing?" The girls were doing a duet of Wind Beneath my Wings during the ceremony. It was the perfect song to describe Harm and Mac's love for each other.
"I think so," Lani stated nervously.
"We're both kinda nervous, though," Chloe admitted.
Mac hugged them both tightly. "You two have beautiful voices. That's why we chose you to sing at our wedding. You'll do great." The girls smiled at their mom and hugged her again, before continuing to get ready.
After everyone was ready, They headed towards the church.
"Are you sure you're going to be ok?"Mac asked a very pregnant Harriet.
"I'll be fine, Colonel. I'm not due for three weeks," Harriet assured her friend.
At the park, the Admiral met Mac at the enterance. The bridesmaids, flower girl, and ring bearer took their places as well as Mac and Chegwidden, preparing to head down the aisle
Mac heard Chegwidden speak into her ear and she leaned up to listen. "Mac, I want to tell you I'm so proud of you. I don't say that nearly enough. I love you like my own daughter."
Mac teared up as she kissed her boss' cheek. "I love you too, Admiral. Thank you for everything you've done for me all these years."
The Admiral wiped some tears from her eyes before descreetly wiping his own. "Ok, enough sap. Let's get you married." The two shared a watery chuckle and themselves as the music started. The walk down the aisle seemed to take forever as Mac made her way to her groom.
When she and Chegwidden reached the front, the minister began his speach.
"Who gives this woman to be wed." he inquired.
The Admiral replied, "I do, on behalf of her friends and family." Kissing Mac's hand, he gently placed it in Harm's.
The ceremony was beautiful. Harm and Mac let a candle for his dad and placed it next to the wall. They had chosen to write their own vows from their hearts, so they would mean more. Chloe and Lani sang beautifully, without a single mistake. After that, the rings were exchanged and the minister permitted, "You may now kiss the bride." Harm put everything he had into that kiss, dipping Mac low before carefully pulling her back up.
The minister smiled and announced, "I now present to you Commander Harmon Rabb and Colonal Sarah McKenzie Rabb. The ressessional began and the wedding party and guests exited the park. The reception would take place at nearby reception hall.
The wedding party had to take pictures before heading to the reception, but the others went on ahead.
When the pictures were all taken and the wedding party walked in, Chloe and Lani couldn't beleive how magical the place looked. They were especially impressed with the cakes. Mac's was a Red Velvet cupcake tower with a small traditional wedding cake at the top. Harm's had a biplane on top and it was chocolate inside. After mingling a bit, it was time for the first dance of the bride and groom. Harm and Mac had chosen Celeine Dionne's Because you Loved Me.
Harm chose Bobby's Song by John Denver for the Mother/Son dance while Mac chose Molly Smiles from Uptown Girls for her dance with the Admiral. It had the wrong name but it fit for a father/daughter dance. Soon it was time for Bud and Harriet to give the speeches.
Harriet went first. "I've known you guys for six years now and it's impossible to miss the special bond you two have. I think everyone has known you belong together for years except you two."
There were some chuckles from the guests before Harriet continued, "You two brought me and Bud together and now you have finally found what you were both looking for. We love you both so much, and I wish you as much happiness as Bud and I have."
"Thanks, Harriet. We love you too." Mac told her as she got up to hug her.
when they had sat back down, Bud stood and began. "Harm, Mac, I've know you two for a bit longer than Harriet. I was their to see your first meeting in the Rose Garden. I could tell it was an instant mutual attraction. I am very happy for you both. You deserve all the happiness in the world and Loving someone in that special way brings so much happiness. I know it did for me and Harriet. Love you guys."
Harm and Mac returned the sentiment before hugging their friend tightly. They cut the cakes next and the dessert was served. They lost track of the time, and before they knew it, it was time to toss the boquet and garter before changing and leaving together.
Mac tossed the boquet behind her and it landed in Coates' arms. When it was Harm's turn to toss the garter, everyone laughed as they watched Little AJ catch it easily.
"I did it, Mama!" he called out.
"Good job,Sweetheart!" Harriet called out to her son before murmuring to Mac, "I am so glad he's not interested in girls yet."
The other woman chuckled. "Don't worry, Harriet. He doesn't have a clue what this tradition actually means. You have awhile before you become someone's mother-in-law." Harriet had to laugh,too.
After pictures with the two who had caught the bouquet and garter, Mac and Harm left the reception hall to change. About half an hour later, they returned to cheers from the guests. They hugged and kissed their girls goodbye and hugged the rest of their close friends and family. Then the guests followed them out. The men formed the saber line as they had done for Bud and Harriet's wedding, and the other guests tossed birdseed as they ran to Harm's car, which had been decorated by Chloe, Sergai, AJ, and Lani. With more hugs for their daughters and parents, Mac and Harm got into the car and drove off to the hotel they were staying in for the night. Their flight was leaving the next morning. Chloe and Lani hugged each other and smiled as they watched their beloved parents driving into the sunset to celebrate their love for each other.

Well, Mac and Harm are finally married. There is only one more chapter left. Thanks for all your support for this story. Catch ya'll later.
Sign up to rate and review this story