Categories > TV > JAG > Love Conquers All

Finally a Family

by Ew11581 0 reviews

The girls are finally adopted and the Rabbs become an official family forever.

Category: JAG - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2020-10-04 - 1091 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hey, guys! Here's the final chapter. Thanks for supporting this story. Hope you enjoy.

Early in the morning a couple of months later, Lani was awakened by a rough, wet tongue licking her face. She opened her eyes and looked at the culprit.
"Morning, Ace," she greeted her dog with a giggle. As soon as those words had left her mouth, her door swung open and her big sister bounded in.
"Wake up,Lan! Today's the day we get to become sisters for real!" Chloe exclaimed and she threw herself on her sister's bed.
Lani grinned and hugged the older girl. "Do you think Gramma and Granpa are up yet? Or Dad?"
"Well, I can smell sausage, so Mom's deffinately up. Let's go down and see if anyone else is," suggested Chloe.
Lani jumped out of bed and the two girls raced out of the room with Ace on their heals. When they reached the kitchen they found their grandparents sitting at the table reading the paper and their mom at the stove. They hugged the two older people and then went over to their mother.
"Hey girls. Breakfast is just about ready. We need to hurry it up. It's only ninty minutes and ten seconds until we have to be at the courthouse," Mac explained as she hugged her daughters.
Lani and Chloe joined their grandparents at the table and Chloe asked, "Where's Dad?"
"I beleive he's taking a shower. He should be down anytime," Trish answered.
Sure enough, less than five minutes later, Harm strode into the room and greeted his family with hugs and kisses.
Chloe helped Mac dish up the food,then, and they all sat down to eat. After a nutricious and delicious breakfast, the grown-ups cleaned up the kitchen while the girls finished getting ready.
About a half hour later, Harm called up, "Girls, time to go!"
"Coming!" called Lani. She and Chloe bounded back down to the adults and the family left for the courthouse.
When they arrived, the were met out front by the Roberts family, Chegwidden and Meredith, Coates, Turner, and Tiner.
Lani and Chloe ran to hug them all,while the grown-ups followed behind.
After the greetings, the group entered the building and waited for their turn to see the judge. At last they were called in and seated on benches inside the courtroom.
First the judge got testimonies from the extended family as well as Mac, Harm, and the girls themselves.
After that part was over, the judge spoke up. "This is an unusual case in that the circumstances that led brought this family together are very unique. However, after observing this family and how both of these young girls are thriving under the care of the Rabbs, it is my great pleasure to unite them officially as a family. I am honored to introduce Alandra Jane Rabb and Chloe Marie Rabb. I would enjoy hearing from your family from time to time and hear how you are doing. Congratulations Rabb family." With that, the judge banged his gavel and stepped down to sign the adoption certificates. After taking a picture with the judge and the certificates, they headed back to their extended family.
Mac hugged Harriet as she said, "Thank you guys for coming. It meant alot to all of us."
"We wouldn't have missed it," Harriet insisted.
"You all really are the best family we could ask for," Harm observed.
"We do have the coolest family," agreed Lani, to which Chloe nodded.
Hugs were exchanged all around and then Bud suggested, "Well, let's head back to the Rabb house for the party."
"Deffinately. Let's go." Chloe replied.
When they reached the house, they had cake and ice-cream,and the girls were given special presents. They recieved adoption themed Willow Tree figurines from the Roberts family, special personalized quilts with their names and adoption date embroidered on them from their Grandmother, special teddy bears with shirts that had their adoption date printed on them from Coates, cool tee-shirts with Officially a Rabb on the front and the adoption date on the back from Tiner, and special books of adoption stories from Chegwidden, and specially personalized and decorated journals from Meredith. From their best friends, Lacey and Bella, They received boxes of popcorn and their favorite movie theater candy, as well as movies. Chloe was given Anne of Green Gables and Lani got the most recent remake of Annie. Harm and Mac had special necklaces engraved with their daughters' names and the adoption date. The girls were thrilled and felt so loved and supported. As a final celebration for the special day, the four Rabbs and Ace camped out in the living room together for the night. The girls looked around at their newly official family as they lied on an air mattress. wrapped in their new quilts and clutching their teddy bears.
"We love you, girls," Mac told her now official daughters.
"Love you both,too. Thanks for being there for us and taking care of us," Chloe stated.
"We're always family and we always were. It's just that now it's legal," Harm assured her.
"Thanks for wanting me," Lani spoke up,quietly.
"No thanks needed. You are ours and we've loved you from the moment we met you. Both of you," Mac firmly informed the girls.
"Love you," Both girls responded to their parents. Mac and Harm hugged and kissed the girls goodnight before lying down on the other air mattress. Ace settled down on the floor between the two mattresses and Lani gently stroked his fur.
After their parents had drifted Lani grabbed her sister's hand and whispered, "Chlo? You awake?"
"Mmmhmm," the older girl mumbled.
Lani gave her hand a squeeze and timidly uttered, "I'm glad we were adopted together. You're the best big sister."
Chloe looked her sister in the eye. "And you're the best little sister. I love you, Lan."
"Love you, too." the little girl replied. Then the two snuggled up together and reveled in the closeness they shared, both feeling safe and loved, and knowing as long as the had the love of their famiy, they could conquer everything that life threw at them. Life seemed just about perfect at that moment,and they hoped it would last forever.

Well, that's all, folks. Thanks to all who have supported this story and me. I obviously don't own any of the JAG characters,nor do I own Anne of Green Gables, Annie, or Willow Tree. I enjoyed writing this story. Bye for now.
Sign up to rate and review this story