Categories > Original > Mystery > Rock Stars Go To Hell

Brink Of Death

by Playing_With_Fire 3 reviews

ughh Sonny almost dies and yea so just like read it

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [R] - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-28 - 1203 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3

I stared out the foggy window into the rain. I whispered to myself, " Britney this is our big break, don't lose yourself with the crowd producers are looking for the new thing that will impact on others lives."

A black Mercedes pulled up into the drive of the hotel we were staying in. this weekend we were recording our first cd . A cd that we were planning on sending out to all the great producers because Nick was still mourning Sean's death.

I ran out the door the guy's following me. Sonny had been gone all night long and hadn't called any of us. There was something different about him since the night of our first big break. Like he was more stand off than usual.

A tall, thin, beautiful, lady crawled out of the driver's seat and walked around to the passenger side of the car. She opened the door and had somebody by the arm.

" OH MY GOD!" I yelled as I ran out the door, " SONNY!".

Sonny was drunk as hell. " Hey Britney," he said as he swayed from side to side.

The lady said, " I'm Jizelle, I'm with Tooth and Nail records and this young man although drunk has told me a lot about your band. As a matter of fact I listened to it on the way up here and I thought it was great," she pulled her hair out of her face and went on, " If it's okay with you guys then I will talk to my manager and give him this cd."

We all just stood there and stared our jaws wide open. The Mercedes slithered out of the drive and onto the main highway. I looked up at the glowing stars. It was amazing how they were just there floating among the black velvet blanket that the human race called night.

Sonny collapsed onto the cold cement, his breath short and raspy, as if something was in his lungs or blocking his esophagus. He laid there staring at the sky. He stared a stare that I had seen many a time in the dark depths of hell. I picked his head up, there was still hope for my dear Sonny. I couldn't lose him, not now when I needed him the most.

" What are you just standing there for? Get him to the room!" I yelled as they shuffled toward me.

The guys carried Sonny back into the hotel room. They laid him on the couch, covered him with blankets and propped him up with pillows. I ran into the kitchen and grabbed the keys to the rental car.

I walked at a swift pace towards the vehicle not taking into notice the disturbed surroundings. I slid into the driver seat. I slid the key into the ignition and turned up the radio.

I flew to McDonald's. Sonny needed something greasy in his system to slow the alcohol poisoning. I ordered the greasiest things on the menu. I went to Walmart to pick up some aspirin and all other sorts of alcoholic medicines.

I ran out with my shopping cart clanging all the way. I popped the trunk of my car and threw the bags inside. I opened the door and yet again got into the driver's seat. The key in the ignition I started the car. I unlocked the parking brake and switched into drive , when a Japanese kill string was wrapped tightly around my neck.

I man's violent voice whispered into my ear. " Why hello beautiful. What is someone as beautiful as yourself leaving their car open in a city like this? Are you completely numb to this world of today?"

At that second I knew he was going to kill me. There was nothing I could do to save myself from this hell I had formed around myself, or was there? My mind went to work plotting and scheming ways on how to get out of a situation that involved a civilian. The string tightened around my neck.

" I asked you a question Poppet," he continued, " when I ask a question you had better answer me, and do as I tell you."

My mind was still running wild with thoughts. Then it hit me Japanese kill strings were made of thin metal wire that generated electricity very well. I could send a jolt of electricity through my body, but what would I do with the body?

" I umm sorry sir what do you want I'll give you anything you want," I said in a kind of scared for my life voice.

I could disintegrate the body and it would go straight to hell and none would miss him. At that second I closed my eyes and began concentrating on a powerful jolt of electricity to kill the man that was going to kill me.

"Take me to..." is all he could say before the surge of electricity stopped his heart. The kill string loosened from my neck and his limp body fell to the floor of the backseat. I drug him out into the parking lot and had the fires of hell take him to the darkest, hottest parts of hell. I had his soul chained to the wall where my three headed dog Brutus could pick at his body.

I climbed back into the car and magically the smell of fried human had disappeared from the car it smelled as it did the night it was first bought.

I drove with ease back to the hotel. I looked around the parking lot before I unlocked the doors of my car. I didn't need to risk getting caught trying to save myself again. I ran up the seven stairwells that led to my floor.

I threw open the door to find the guys gathered around Sonny. Sonny was still alive, but barely there. I crushed up a couple of aspirin and mixed it with water. I held his chin and tipped the drugged liquid into his mouth.

I chewed up some nuggets and fed them to my dear dying friend. There was still a chance I told myself.

" Brit is he going to be okay?" Adam asked.

" Yea," the others chimed in.

" You guys I don't know," I whispered, " just try and get some sleep we'll take turns in watching him I got the first five hours and Davey you got the next then you guys can decide who's next after him."

The guys shuffled off into the rooms . I lay and stare at Sonny's blank eyes for an hour. Then I stand and slowly lift myself up and onto the couch. I slide under the blankets and put my arms around Sonny. I cried into his lifeless shoulder. I wish it was in my power to go back in time and change the fact that he went out.

I mean we could have stayed and had band practice or went out and ate pizza. Anything that would have prevented the events of tonight. His gasping breaths kept me awake there was no sleeping on duty. His breath was heavy and uneven. The tears flowed knowing that Sonny might die. Will Sonny die? Will Blake? Will Tooth and Nail sign them?
Sign up to rate and review this story