Categories > Anime/Manga > Saiyuki > The Bet

The Bet

by Gemini_Sanzo 0 reviews

Gojyo and Sanzo are getting on each others nerves, Gojyo finally snaps and demands a bet to settle things. Sanzo gladly accepts...but...what is the catch? Pairings: Sanzo x Gojyo

Category: Saiyuki - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Cho Hakkai, Genjyo Sanzo, Sha Gojyo, Son Goku - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-28 - 1264 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1 ~ The Bet



"I can to be nice you stupid kappa!" Sanzo spat, suddenly getting up from his chair, shaking the table slightly as he done so. Gojyo laughed before standing, his eyes hardened as they locked onto Sanzo's pretty violet pair.

"Oh yeah? I'll believe it when I fucking see it Mr. High and mighty priest Genjyo Sanzo!"

Goku and Hakkai sat in their seats watching the two silently. Goku's eyes flickered between the blonde and the redhead, knowing that Gojyo was about to get such an ass kicking from the priest. Hakkai was smiling, although it wasn't his usual everyday smile. Instead it had a hint of nervousness in it, afraid that Gojyo was about to go over the line again.
Sanzo's hand whipped out his gun and had it trained on the annoying half-breed within seconds, which only made the taller man smirk more, the smirk slowly turning into a wide grin.

"What the hell are you grinning at bakayarou?!" Sanzo demanded.

"You funnily enough, I think you're afraid to prove that fact to me." Gojyo spoke calmly. His crimson eyes never leaving the amethyst coloured orbs. By this time most of the patrons of the inn were staring at the pair, especially at Sanzo. Some couldn't believe that a Sanzo priest would have been so foul mouthed not to mention carry a gun with him.

"Is that so?" Sanzo said quietly, half growling as he replied. How dare that stupid good for nothing half-breed even consider that he would ever be afraid of anything! His eyes now narrowed dangerously at red crimson eyes, daring him to try him further.

"Damn straight! I bet you can't prove it!" Gojyo replied confidently, only to cringe as a reaction to a bullet whizzing past his head. When his briefly averted gaze returned to the blonde he could tell that he'd drove Sanzo a bit nearer to his limit. Pretty purple eyes were now darkened by the shadows that bursts of blonde strands made.

Goku looked at Hakkai, and Hakkai looked back, both concerned about the situation. Attempting to stop them now would only give them a one way ticket to a closer death. Neither the priest or the kappa were about to back down on this by the look of it.

Finally Sanzo lowered his gun, and removed his now done cigarette from his mouth and stubbed the remainder of it out on the ashtray on the table before paying attention to the redhead again.

"You're fucking on, kappa!"

"Good. For you to prove yourself you have to..." Gojyo started, he stopped to study the priest for a split moment before saying a word on the terms of the bet. His mouth turning into another grin he spoke again.
"You can't use your gun on anyone...you can't hit Goku or myself with that goddamned fan of yours...and you...can't smoke or drink booze...You have to act like a proper priest for a full two weeks."

A sweat-drop appeared on the back of Hakkai's head as Sanzo looked as though he had suddenly regretted agreeing to it, and also he looked like he was going to kill Gojyo with the terms he'd been given. Goku edged further away from Gojyo just incase Sanzo decided to go for the taller half youkai. Gojyo however looked more confident than he would have ever dared to be.

"Well? Do you think you can even do that, priesty?" Gojyo teased, knowing he was driving the blonde nuts.

"Of course I fucking can! Just you fucking watch me...and you, you can't fight with Goku, smoke or drink for the same length of time! Nor can you even try womanising for the next two villages!" Sanzo seethed, why the hell had he gone along with this exactly?

"Uh Sanzo..." Hakkai began, knowing that it was probably the wrong thing to do.

"What is it, Hakkai?" Sanzo replied sounding surprisingly calm about it.

"Well, it's the womanising part. Gojyo hasn't been doing anything of the sort for the past few months..." He briefly explained. Yes, he knew something the blonde didn't. Sanzo just sweat-dropped, how couldn't he have noticed that exactly?

"Besides that, Sanzo...you haven't exactly said you bet I can't do anything." Gojyo said folding his arms across his chest.

"...Fine...I bet you can't do what I said you can't do." Sanzo replied, taking it quite well. He'd prove to Gojyo and the other two that he could do this. He took out his fan after placing the gun down on the table, and placed it next to it. He then dug out his cigarettes and lighter and placed them beside the other two items then turned to the dark haired brunette.
"Hakkai, I trust that you'll be able to keep those safe for the next two weeks?"

"Yeah and I believe I can entrust my stuff with you." Gojyo smirked dropping his own cigarettes into the small pile.

"Hai, wakatta." Hakkai replied, resuming his usual friendly smile. The nervousness feeling drifting from him.
Goku sniggered slightly, he couldn't see Gojyo lasting through it and he couldn't exactly see Sanzo sticking to it for the full two weeks. Gojyo glared at the golden eyed boy. His hand moved to his head then gripped it while ruffling his hair up.

"And just what's so funny chibi saru?" Gojyo asked as Goku began batting at his hand.

"You and Sanzo, I can't see you lasting through this bet and I can't see Sanzo sticking to it at all." He replied. Gojyo's hand tightened its grip around the younger males head, Goku now trying to pry his hand off while giving short muffled yelps of pain.

"I'll make it through this baka saru just you friggin sit and watch me. It's High Priest Sanzo that's going to lose." He replied harshly as he let go of Goku, he said 'high priest' almost mockingly.

"Uh, Gojyo?" Hakkai began again, gathering the items which belonged to the other two into his arms before standing. Gojyo's eyes turned towards him questioningly and silent.

"You haven't came up with anything that the loser of the bet has to do if they break the rules first." He replied to the silent question before turning and taking the stuff upstairs to his and Gojyo's room.

"Hakkai has a point..." Gojyo said, a hand now cupping around his chin as he thought of a good punishment for the loser. One look at Sanzo's golden blonde hair gave him the perfect idea.

"The one that loses has to dye his hair...multicoloured."

"WHAT?!" Sanzo roared.

"You friggin heard priest. Either that or you have to have some other humiliation done."

"You're so fucking dead after this, especially if I lose...got it?"

"Same applies to you."

"Deal."

"Deal!"

Hakkai couldn't help but grin as he made his way up the stairs after just catching the conditions if one of them lost, in fact it was a rather amusing thought. Sanzo would really try and kill Gojyo if he had lost, and Gojyo would probably get all sulky about it. But apart from that, imagining one of those two with multicoloured hair was priceless.

Goku couldn't help himself either, he too was grinning only he tried to hide the fact that he found it so amusing by stuffing his face with more meat buns. His mind was focused on Sanzo or Gojyo having to go about with multicoloured hair for a while as well as how the hell they were actually going to dye their hair.

Sign up to rate and review this story