Categories > Anime/Manga > Saiyuki > The Bet

Madness

by Gemini_Sanzo 0 reviews

The bet's been set. Gojyo can't do certain things for two weeks and Sanzo has to act like a proper Sanzo priest for two weeks. The loser has to dye their hair multi-coloured.

Category: Saiyuki - Rating: R - Genres: Humor - Characters: Cho Hakkai, Genjyo Sanzo, Sha Gojyo, Son Goku - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-09-28 - Updated: 2006-09-28 - 1569 words

0Unrated


Sanzo kicked another stone out of his way as he walked down the path. His anger level was rising a little by the minute, his hand kept going into his robes to get his cigarettes until he of course remembered that he had given his pack to Hakkai along with the rest of the things he couldn't use for two whole weeks.

'Goddamn it! Sanzo you're a right fucking idiot for agreeing to this!' he scowled silently. Oh well at least if anyone was to annoy him now he could always...no he couldn't do anything like that come to think of it. The Manten Sutra was the only thing Gojyo hadn't included in his list of 'cannot do's' and he'd only use it when he really had to. Next time he's think twice about agreeing with any bet Gojyo made.

With a small inward sigh Sanzo stopped and looked back along the path he'd taken, he seemed to have wandered a little far...about an hour at least. His violet eyes soon caught sight of a single butterfly happily fluttering past him. He followed it with his eyes until he could barely see it any longer, his anger level had fallen by a bit from just watching the small pretty insect that for some reason made him think of Gojyo. Shaking his head from his current thoughts he turned around and headed back towards the village, he'd be there in time for dinner by the time he was finished.

Back at the inn Goku, Gojyo and Hakkai were all in the room that Hakkai and Sanzo shared playing a simple game of snap with some cards they found in the room.
None of them seemed to be paying any particular attention to the fact that Sanzo had been gone for hours, well all apart from Gojyo that is. He was secretly worrying his ass off.

'Goddamned prick...he's been gone for friggin hours.' Gojyo winced inwardly while watching the younger golden-eyed boy place a card down on top of Hakkai's. With a sigh he drew the top card from his small and rapidly running out deck and placed it on top of the growing pile. He had neither looked at the card which Goku placed nor had he looked at his own card before placing it with the rest.

"SNAP!" Goku shouted as he slammed his hand down hard on the cards, he was just a little faster than Hakkai. Gojyo blinked, then blinked again...he had to blink a third time before it hit him, Goku had just claimed that large pile of cards.
"Damned saru..." the redhead sighed, placing the little cards he had left down on the table before standing and starting for the room door only to halt at the sound of Hakkai's voice calling him. Casually he turned, the look of worry trying to stay hidden from the brunette.
"Yeah?"

"Where are you going?" Hakkai asked. Gojyo never usually left in the middle of a game of cards. He suspected something was bothering him, and he thought that it may have something to do with Sanzo up and leaving them earlier. Nevertheless Hakkai smiled after asking him the question.

"To the shitter, I might be there for a while. You two go ahead and carry on playing without me." He replied trying to make it sound like there was no reason to be concerned for him. Hakkai's smile now faltered slightly, he now knew Gojyo was going in search of the hot headed blonde priest, as there was a toilet in the room... but he knew better than to try and stop the kappa from doing what he wanted. With a simple nod, Hakkai returned to the card game as Gojyo slipped out of the door and down the hallway.

Meanwhile, Sanzo let out a sigh of relief as he set foot back inside the village, he'd wandered a bit further than he thought he had done, he was itching for a damned cancer stick for he was stressed out, and when he was stressed he smoked...or found a reason to train his gun on Gojyo or some other poor random victim...or to simply hit someone with the fan, but no. He had agreed to a stupid bet which got all of the items confiscated.

A familiar pain began to build up at the back of his head, great a headache was just what he really needed right now, not. It never helped matters when an older looking man began to run at him shouting out 'Sanzo-sama'...ah this could only mean one thing, he was about to get asked something and for now he had no choice but to act on how a 'proper' Sanzo priest would act. With another sigh he turned his head towards the man who now came to a halt, his palms on his knees as he began to catch his breath back.

"Can I help you?" Sanzo asked, almost cringing at the fact that he had just asked the question. The man looked up at him with beady brown eyes a nod soon following. Standing up straight now he gave the priest a pleading look before saying anything to him.
"Please! You must help me, my house...it's haunted!"

'Oh fucking wonderful...of all things I cannot be arsed with...' Sanzo seethed in his mind, he wouldn't be able to tell this peasant to get lost and find another priest to tell a poltergeist to fuck off now could he...or wait, he could since there was no sight of his companions in sight. His mouth opened to say the words he wanted to say...only nothing came out and his mouth clamped shut again. A sigh escaped his lips not to soon after, the man now tugged his robes and left telling him to follow him, and Sanzo followed him. What was he doing exactly? Was his body being controlled?

'Damn it! Why the hell am I bothering with this?' He groaned to himself, letting out another sigh this time with the hint of irritation. But if that wasn't enough, he could have sworn that he heard a more polite version of his voice at the side of him, his amethyst eyes shifted to the side to look at his own right shoulder and the next thing he saw made him think he was going freaking mental. There stood a mini Sanzo...with a halo and a small set of wings. He stared.
'Just what in the yellow rubbery fuck is going on here?' He though as the little Sanzo figure looked up to him and smiled such an angelic smile. That was it he was going mad, Gojyo was going to pay oh so freaking dearly.

"Sanzo, were you listening to a word I was saying? Or do I need to repeat myself again?" The angelic Sanzo said with a sigh of disbelief.
"Of course he wasn't listening to a goddamned word you were saying angel-boy!" another voice came, sounding a little more evil. Sanzo stopped in his tracks, hearing the other voice, the man now out of sight. Someone might as well put a straight jacket on him right now, he finally thought he deserved to go to a mental home for the next two weeks...a couple of hours without his gun, fan, cigarettes and he was a complete and utter frigging FRUITCAKE!
"Who in the hell are you two?" Sanzo asked very quietly. Wait, why was he asking a question to two things which weren't real?

"You could say we're you're guardian angels." The angelic figure replied.
"Excuse me? We? You're the only prissy angel here, I'm the guardian devil if you will. Moron." The evil Sanzo said in a sarcastic tone.
"What the hell? Why are you here?" Sanzo seethed, even his 'guardians' could piss him off, how nice.
"You must do what is right, Genjyo Sanzo. You must help that man with the haunted house." The angelic said, sounding to sweet and holy for Sanzo's liking.
"You moron shut up! He doesn't have to help anyone, he's not got that red-haired idiot watching him for a start!" The evil one replied pointing what seemed to be a mini replica of the smith&wessen gun he owned, on the angelic form.
"Now, now there's no need for violence." The angel sighed, the tiny purple eyes narrowing and glaring at the evil mini Sanzo.

"Will you two shut the fuck up already and leave me alone?" Sanzo sighed, his headache was beginning to worsen and this was the last thing he really needed. For once he was glad Hakkai wouldn't be able to let him use his gun...for if he had it now, he'd be willing to use it on himself. He didn't know what was driving him further into madness, these two small weird things on his shoulder or his headache. He closed his eyes briefly rubbing his temple with his index and middle finger, and when he opened them again and looked at his shoulder the mini Sanzo's had vanished. It was pretty clear that he had gone bonkers. With an irritated sigh he forgot about the haunted house and the man, and headed back to the dreadful place where the others would be waiting for him.



Note: Chapter 3 may take a little while ^^; still at it.
Sign up to rate and review this story