Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Crush

Daiyu

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Daiyu comes to visit Kirika-chan again for the year. Kirika-chan and Anna are not looking forward to this.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2020-12-06 - 518 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Fourteen: Daiyu:

Daiyu is on the move again. She headed down to the airport. Her parents didn't stop her. They haven't been all this time. Why try now?

Daiyu looked at her phone. It was now eight in the morning. She'd by in Japan close to lunchtime. She wouldn't give up. They called her flight. Daiyu shoved her phone back into her pocket. She walked to board her plane.

"Come on, you're going to be late," Anna said. Kirika-chan sat at the kitchen table rolling her eyes.

"I don't want to see her," she said.

"I know," her mother said. "But it will make her happy." The girl snorted. Anna gave her a sympathetic smile as she sat across from the table.

"Look," she said. "We both know how she is. But she loves you so much. She doesn't get to see you that often either. Seeing her would bring her so much joy." Kirika-chan eyed her, frowning.

"Really?" her facial expression asked. Anna sighed. How many times has she done this speech? Even she doesn't believe what she's saying. The woman sighed.

"Just humor her please?" she asked. Kirika-chan said nothing. She rose to her feet.

"Thank you," Anna said. She took a breath. She could feel Tsuzuki's eyes on her back.

-Chijou-

Anna and Kirika-chan waited at the airport. Both didn't want to be there. Daughter looked at her mother. Anna shot a look back.

"Be civil," her eyes said. That sentiment was directed towards herself. Suddenly, Kirika-chan's phone rang. She looked at Anna again. Her mother gestured for her to answer. The girl sighed and pulled out her phone.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Kiri?" Daiyu asked on the other line. Kirika-chan rolled her eyes as she forced herself to smile.

"Auntie," she said. "How are you?"

"Good," the Chinese woman said. "And you?"

"Fine," the girl said. "Where are you?"

"I'm heading toward the gate," Daiyu said. "Are you there?" Kirika-chan and Anna looked at each other.

"Yeah," the girl said. "We're near the entrance."

"Excellent," Daiyu said. "I will be right there. Love you. Bye." Kirika-chan hung up.

"I'll leave you to it," Anna said. Her daughter gave her a blank stare.

"You're leaving?" she asked.

"I don't think she wants to see me," her mother said. She kissed Kirika-chan on the forehead.

"See you at home," Anna said. She turned and left the airport. Kirika-chan frowned as she waved.

"Bye-bye…" she said.

"Kiri!" she heard behind her. Kirika-chan turned around. Daiyu walked over with her arms out.

"Kiri! I've missed you so much!" she shouted. Her niece forced herself to smile. Daiyu pulled her into a hug. Her niece clenched her teeth.

"Thank you," Kirika-chan said. Her aunt wouldn't let up. Finally, Daiyu let go.

"It's been months," she said.

"Yeah…" Kirika-chan said. "Have you eaten yet?"

"No," Daiyu said. "Are you treating me to lunch?"

"Sure!" Kirika-chan said. "Korean barbeque, right?" Her aunt perked up.

"That sounds great!" she said.

"Right," her niece said. Kirika-chan led Daiyu out of the airport. Just make it through the weekend. The festival begins this evening.
Sign up to rate and review this story