Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Cherry Crush

Festival Time

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Kirika-chan and her family go to the festival. Meanwhile, the predator knows that she is there.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Tsuzuki - Published: 2020-12-25 - 471 words - Complete

0Unrated
Chapter Fifteen: /Festival Time:/

-6:00 p.m.-

Kirika-chan couldn't wait. Nothing would dampen her spirits. Not even her strained relationship with her aunt. This afternoon was a struggle. Lunch was awkward. Kirika-chan didn't speak. Daiyu shoved meat into her mouth. How long were they going to stay here?

"This is good," Daiyu said.

"Uh-huh," Kirika-chan said. The beef and pork belly were good. Her aunt looked up at her.

"So how are you really?" she asked. Kirika-chan turned to her.

"Good," she said. Daiyu lowered her chopsticks.

"Tell me honestly," she said. Her niece gave her a fake smile.

"I'm fine," she insisted. "Really." Daiyu frowned. Kirika-chan narrowed her eyes.

"Why do you hate Mama so much?" she asked. Her aunt about choked on pork belly.

"What?" she asked. Kirika-chan stared her down.

"Why do you hate Mama?" she asked again. Both girls sat silent. Daiyu clenched her teeth.

"I don't," she said. Her niece didn't look convinced. Daiyu shoved more food into her mouth. She fought to stay pleasant. Kirika-chan waited. Her face looked so dull. Typical.

But that wasn't going to kill her mood.

Right now, Kirika-chan stood in front of the mirror. She straightened out her yellow and purple yukata.

"Kirika-chan!" Anna shouted. "Are ready to go?"

"Yes!" Kirika-chan said. She smoothed out her pigtails and walked out of her room.

It's here. He opened his eyes. His hunger spiked. It's time. It's time! It's here! He knew where to go.

And like that, he was gone.

Tonight was supposed to be upbeat. Kirika-chan had been counting down to this. She stood outside waiting.

"Come on!" she said. "We're going to be late."

"Coming!" Tsuzuki shouted. It would be Kirika-chan, her parents, and Daiyu. The latter didn't let her down. Nozomi and Akira would be there.

Kirika-chan smiled to herself. Her cheeks turned red.

"Kiri?" she heard behind her. The girl whipped around. The adults stood in the doorway. Daiyu gave her an odd look.

"Are you okay?" she asked. Kirika-chan cleared her throat.

"Everybody ready?" she asked.

"Yes," Tsuzuki said. The women nodded.

"Right," Kirika-chan said. "Let's go." She turned and started walking away. All three adults followed behind.

Almost there. These humans can't see him. He smells them all. They meant nothing to him. He just wants her. She's here. He gulps. But where? Not there. Here? No. Here? No. Here? Here? Here? Here? No.

He frowns.

Where is she?

No what?

Then there it is. He freezes. Tingles ran through body. He gulped. If he had heart it would be pounding. He turned his head.

Kirika-chan led the way to the festival grounds. She pulled out her phone.

"I'm here. Where are you?" she typed. The girl smiled and hit send. The crowd and grounds came more to life as her group got closer.
Sign up to rate and review this story