Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Technology and Desert Skies

Technology and Desert Skies

by xxFamousLastWordsxx 0 reviews

Music Catastrophe is a wanted billionaire. With a business booming and one of the most technological killjoys around, BLI craves her on their side. However, she's got more to hide. Her priority? Fi...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2021-02-24 - 1357 words

0Unrated
// Hi! So this is the story I was asking about if you would like to see it!
Apologies it took so long to post but here we are! Better late than never eh?
I also published this on Quotev!
-- L x


“And so, this ladies and gentlemen is where we currently are,” I finish with a giant grin, tapping my chalk off the chalkboard. Applause came from the crowd, as they stood up ready to leave.
“Magnificent, you’ve made incredible progress” Mr. Dougherty grinned.
“Thankyou,” I laugh as I wipe away my notes from the board. The year is 2019. I am an inventor, I work for a multi-million dollar company. I am currently working on a development for the health and social care sector, the cure for cancer. It was a slow progress. Working on treatment is something I haven’t dwelled on much. I am more technology focused; I have technology for just about anything. My work is worth millions to billions in dollars. My smart watch lit up with a text from my brother
“School has just been evacuated! Be careful! Ill see you when I’m home! x”. I frown at the phone and with the next hitch of my breath, the entire building shook.
Screams filled the room instead of the joyous laugher. My eyes widened as the windows smashed through, the sky turning a blood red. I ran to the door, the minute my hand reached it, a neon blue light lit up around it, activating emergency mode. This unlocked the emergency staircase I installed in-case of an attack or a repeat of 9/11. We were on the top floor, that overlooked New York City.
“Everyone out! Go!” My clients and co-workers dashed down the stairs. I walked to my desk, my breath slowly speeding up with panic. I grabbed my briefcase, which contained all my progress on treatment. I also quickly grabbed my emergency briefcase. Once the room was evacuated, I left and closed the door. Using a code, it consumed the contents of the room into the ‘Pod’. Pod was an earlier invention, it clears contents of the room, once put back down, the room returns to normal. I had already lost a shoe, bangs and screams echoed throughout the building, as more and more people joined on the emergency staircase to get out.
Reaching outside, it was chaos. Cars crashing, smoke filling the red sky.
“Fuck,” I mumbled under my breath as I took it all in.
“THEY ARE COMING” “
“THEY HAVE DONE IT”
“WE ARE DOOMED”
The panic yells of the general public could only mean one thing. Better Living Industries had done it, they had won the analogue wars, it was the beginning of the apocalypse. What else could we do? I fell to my knees, my head in my hands as I processed everything. My legs trembling for the future.
I composed myself and got into the car. Immediately switching on emergency mode. My sat nav directing me to the house
“Be aware of unpredictable traffic or collisions” I rolled my eyes “Everyone is in mass hysteria, of course everyone is automatically going to try and leave” I mumbled to myself as I drove towards the house. Another text flashed through
“Im turning on my location, please please please hurry” It was a text from my 16 year old brother again, his name is Jamie. I was so scared for him, what if I don’t make it on time? I floored my accelerator as I drove towards his location, which now was on display.
“OH MY GOD YOU’RE HERE” Jamie wept as he climbed into the back of the car. I looked out to see the school in flames, children running around screaming out for their families. My heart ached for the children that probably would never see their parents or siblings again. I swallowed the lump in my throat and turned to my brother
“We need to find G, before someone else does” I said with tears. G is my younger sister, my sister with lets say, special gifts. Jamie simply nodded as he hugged into his knees.
I revved the engine and went towards home hoping to find a spark of life somewhere, as the world crumbled around us.





“SHES NOT HERE, NEITHER IS MUM AND DAD” Jamie exclaimed as he came out of the wreckage of the home. It was obvious that BLI had came here first, they knew of me and my work. I had valuable pieces of equipment and information that would make them stronger. Once I activated emergency mode, my files and inventions were condensed and hidden. Some would call it magic, I call it, a lot of effort.
I took a drag from my cigarette and rolled my eyes at Jamie “They have obviously managed to make it out or something” I sigh as I walk more towards the rubble. I found the pod that contained the information, files, inventions that I had in the house. This invention took me years to complete. I am only 27 years old, but heck I’ve done this type of work since I was a child.
“Wait wait wait, Louise” Jamie called as he found a slightly burnt piece of paper.
“What is it?” I ask making my way towards him, putting the pods safely into my handbag.
“It’s from Better Living Industries” Jamie trembled handing over the page.
“Bring the girl, bring the inventions and your parents will be kept comfortable” I read, my lips trembled and then something clicked in my brain. “Wait, they don’t have G,” I said with a slight sigh of relief.
“But they have mum and dad!! We need to-“
“We can’t go to BLI, they state that we need to hand over G, but as you can see, we don’t even know where G is!” I exclaim and took another drag from my cigarette.
“What do we do? She could be anywhere! With anyone!” Jamie said running a hand down his face, it was so stressful for him.
I looked at him with a slight frown “We will need to go on the road, we will need to find her, she’s smart.” I said, half trying to convince myself that was true.
Jamie simply nodded and fell to his knees in the rubble. I looked around, it was deserted, there wasn’t a single building standing. Our neighbour hood used to be so lively, so peaceful. It has been stripped away by a simple flick of the wrist by BLI. “Where are you G,” I whispered staring out hopelessly.
I opened the tracking app on my smart watch I created, clicking on recent locations for G, no luck. It hadn’t been updated since this morning. G is home schooled, due to her uniqueness. I’m going to go with that as a way to describe her.
- 12 hours later -
“That’s all we are going to get” Jamie said as he put another pod in his bag. We had gone around super markets and corner shops filling specialised pods with food. I had lifted tanks of water, juice and alcohol and cigarettes that had been abandoned.
“This should keep us going on the road, it is like a dessert out there now, we are well prepared, we just need some new clothes” I laughed, Jamie was still in his uniform and I was still in my business suit. I clipped my blonde hair up. I had also found abandoned packages of hair dye, that I might play with soon.
Jamie nodded “I found some stuff” He said as he opened a suit-case
I crouched down and smiled at him “Look at us, we are basically changing our identities at this point” I laughed as I picked up a black leather jacket.
“Louise, you’re going to be hunted, you’re so useful for BLI, they will come for you” Jamie said, slightly scared.
I nodded. “You’re right, we are going to need to disguise ourselves and change our names” I said as I lit another cigarette.
Sign up to rate and review this story