Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Technology and Desert Skies

New Normality

by xxFamousLastWordsxx 0 reviews

A really big adventure

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2021-02-24 - 834 words

0Unrated
- 2 Months Later -

The night time was the worst. Temperatures dropped to ungodly degrees. It was hard enough to light a fire, never mind keep it going. “Come on” I mumbled frustrated as I hit the flint and stone together creating more sparks. “yes” I grinned as it finally worked, I fanned it frantically to increase the flame.
“For the inventions that you have, none are useful for fires” Ghost Thriller grinned at me, looking up from his comic. Jamie had taken a long time to come up with that. He didn’t want help, most of the journey was spent coming up with iconic alibis. Though as the time passed, we learnt we were the outcasts, we part of this “killjoy” revolution that had swooped across the United States. There was more like us out there, not giving in to BLI, or on the run from BLI. We hadn’t came across another living soul, the hunt for G still continues. I am still convinced she is alive, she may have been taken in by some killjoys, she is a smart girl, she could be still fending for herself.
“Nope, but it is on my to do list when we find somewhere permanent to stay, I can get the basement up and running again” I laugh. I hadn’t been able to do work because we were constantly moving in the car, praying to run into G. The basement is my portable workplace, once I connect it to all the pods, we wont have to carry around so many of them.
“I miss watching you work, I cant wait to do that again” Ghost smiled at me as his head sunk back into the comic.
“I miss it too, it won’t be long hopefully,” I say getting back onto my feet, flicking my dusty hair out of my face. I plopped down on one of my camping chairs and stared up to the dirty night sky. You could not see a single star, due to the pollution of BLI. Better Living Industries had completely taken over. It is a complete dictatorship.
Ghost let out a deep sigh and looked up “do you think we will ever… y'know-“ he struggled to find the words.
I raised an eyebrow and faced him “What?” I asked, moving beside him and kneeling down. I knew he was frightened. Our family was ripped apart, and his entire life had been flipped upside down. He lost friends. Heck, we don’t even know who is alive or dead.
Ghost looked down and thought for a moment before looking back at me again. “Go..back to normal again? Or find G?” He mumbled whilst looking at me desperately wanting some sort of hope to hold on to.
I swallowed the lump in my throat and put a hand on his shoulder. “I can’t promise you that” I whispered, holding back the sadness. This was the weirdest thing either of us has had to go through.
Ghost didn’t reply, he simply nodded, shrugged his shoulders and turned his attention back to his comic book.
“But-“ I said slowly, grabbing his attention back. I smiled halfly “we will try our best, it’s just me and you against the world,” I said encouragingly.
Ghost smiled “Me and you,” He repeated pulling me into a hug. My heart broke into a million pieces. My aim was to protect him at all costs, no matter what. For all I know, he is the last person I have on this planet. I pulled him into a tighter hug as a comfort.
“I just wish I had made those proper watches I talked about” I said into his ear. I had drafted plans for a smart watch which would alert me or the rest of the family when someone is in danger and constantly tracked each person’s location, better than those current smart watches on the market. You would be able to send out distress signals communicate and alert everyone in one small tap. The current watch was small and could pin locations, but only when the individual allowed it, not constantly.
“Hey, you could make an even better one, if anything, the current situation will give you ideas on how to make that better and ditch the old drafts you had,” Ghost said pulling out of my arms to look at me properly. I nodded.
“True,” I said sitting down again beside him and pulling out my notebook. I turned to the pages with the drafts on it and began to jot down new developments and ideas with Ghost. We spoke for hours; his imagination was incredible. The wind was getting sharper and it was getting colder and colder. I am lucky he is by my side. I would have gone insane if I didn’t have him with me. He is my sticking plaster. I am praying I can get him back to normal and reunite my entire family again.
Sign up to rate and review this story