Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Technology and Desert Skies

Using Initiative

by xxFamousLastWordsxx 0 reviews

New friends? Maybe?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2021-02-24 - 1371 words

0Unrated
- 1 Month Later -

“IT IS TOO WARM, I CAN’T HANDLE IT” Ghost whined whilst sipping on a strawberry milkshake and throwing his head back into the seat of the car. I tutted and rolled my eyes, peering at him through my shades
“Listen, I don’t know what else you want from me, the windows are down, the air conditioning is on and I have Kai running as well, which is also an extra form of ventilation, me and Kai is doing our best!” I shouted back at Ghost whilst trying to keep my eyes on the road. The sweat was also dripping down my own back, but I couldn’t admit to Ghost that I was cooking as well and feeding his already bratty behaviour. Kai is my electronic personal assistant. I run tests and other types of software through Kai. Kai is installed on my watch and in the car. Kai is undetectable and is great security. Kai will inform me if anyone even comes near the car or if he judges someone as a threat through my smart watch.
Ghost groaned and put his head out the window as we continued through the desert. “Be careful with the sand, the last thing I need is for you to be blinded stupid” I spoke sternly to Ghost pulling him by his shoulder back into the car.
“Listen, I’m going to do what I can to try alright!” Ghost snapped back, his sharp Irish accent coming through. Did I mention we were irish? There you are.
I laughed and threw my head back “You are acting like a 3 year old Ghost!” I laughed at him, shaking my head.
Ghost scoffed and looked at me “NO I AM NOT!” He protested proceeding to stomp his foot in disagreement.
“Look you’re just making it worse!” I laughed more, knowing I was winding him up more but I couldn’t help it. We were on the hunt for more supplies and trying to find signs of life. It was still just me and Ghost on the road. No signs of other ‘killjoys’ and no other signs of G. It was strange. It was as if me and Ghost were the only remaining humans on earth. I am sure, Ghost was getting pretty sick of spending 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with just me. Heck, before BLI took over, he could barely stand 10 minutes alone in a room with me.
Ghost rolled his eyes, folded his arms and looked out the window. “Has Kai detected anything yet?” He mumbled out, without admitting he was behaving like a child.
“No I have not,” Kai perked up. “However, there is a building not far, not sure what it is yet.. let me run a scan” Kai continued.
“Thanks Kai,” I said, smiling. Slightly hopeful, each building or restaurant or petrol station was abandoned that Kai found. However, we could still loot it and it was a depth into the unknown. Me and Ghost were ambushed by dracs about a week ago at an old storage facility. I managed to find materials that were going to be useful for further projects. Lets say, that encounter with the draculoids gave Ghost the fright of his life. But it also allowed an opportunity for Ghost to practice his training. He was pretty reluctant when using the lazer gun, however he is adjusting to the fact that he needs to protect his own life over others.
“You should be able to turn into a diner!” Kai exclaimed as he done further scanning of the area.
“A diner?” Ghost chirped up and sat up properly in his seat looking at the directions Kai displayed on the car screen.
“Yes!” I said. “There might be water and more food!” I yelled as I accelerated in the direction.
“YES” Ghost joined in glee keeping his eyes glued to the screen and out the windshield. “I CAN SEE IT!” he said pointing out the window.
I leant forward in my seat and squinted my eyes under the sunglasses as the rustic diner came into view. “Hmm” I mumbled under my breath.
“What?” Ghost said turning to me
“Nothing, it just looks…unabandoned?” I questioned. Lights were still flashing from the building as I slowed down to get a better look before approaching it.
“THERE IS A CAR THERE!” Ghost yelled as he pointed towards an old car that came into view. I bit my lip and stopped the car for a second.
“It might be dracs” I whispered, a little apprehensive.
“It could be other killjoys!” Ghost jumped. He was praying to see other people, meet new people in the hopes to find a lead to find G.
“Kai, scan the area for me to see if you can detect any signs of life” I said leaning forward in my seat and staring. It was a diner and a petrol station. The one car was at out the front of it.
“Scanning” Kai proceeded to scan the area. “Detection of 7” He stated.
“SEVEN” Ghost said. It was clear adrenaline was also running through his veins.
“I don’t know if this is a good idea or-“
“LISTEN IT IS WORTH A TRY!” Ghost butted in, looking at me desperately. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel. Yes, I did become a little more protective over Ghost the past few months, I just wanted to make sure we weren’t walking into a death trap. Me and Ghost saw posters of my face from BLI with a million dollar reward if I am given to them alive. But I didn’t want to miss out on good opportunities either.
“Okay okay, listen I am going to send you into the diner alone and I’ll wait out here to fill the car up, if the people look dodgy, run out” I said to Ghost seriously. I also wanted to promote his independence and allow Ghost the opportunity to use initiative. I wanted to ensure that if we did run into a serious issue, he would know how to handle it and protect himself.
Ghost nodded, clearly up for the challenge “Okay okay okay, I can do it” He said smiling widely at me. I nodded back and slowly pulled up to the diner. I swallowed nervously.
“Got your gun? And your watch on?” I asked Ghost.
Ghost nodded, pulling his green and black bandana over his nose and mouth. He clenched his neon green and black Y7 lazer gun. The gun was one I had worked on in the company. It was one of the most deadliest on the market. They can go for up to $5-6 million for a single piece. It was a draft design I had made with other partners. I can’t exactly go into detail about them. They are my friends as well as business partners. They were clearly unaware of the atrocity that’s occurred yet. Otherwise, I am pretty sure they would have tracked me down by now.
Ghost got out of the car and proceeded towards the diner. I let out the breath I was holding.
I got out of the car slowly. Ensuring my purple bandana was pulled over my nose and mouth. I approached the petrol pump to fill the car and the spare cannister I had. I couldn’t see into the diner as the petrol pumps were to the side of the diner. My heart was beating rapidly, I didn’t like the idea of sending him alone, but he was well equipped. With shaky hands I continued to fill the car and cannister.
Before I knew it, there was a giant crash. “FORCEFIELD V34.13 ACTIVATED” Kai informed me through my watch. I dropped the petrol pump and ran into the diner lazer gun raised, my breath quickened and my heart raced. “STEP AWAY” I yelled, not taking in my full surroundings, unaware of what or WHO was in the diner. My eyes darted at the forcefield. Suddenly my arms dropped, my lazer gun fell out of my hand in shock and disbelief. In the forcefield was Ghost clenching onto G. “G,” I whispered, falling to my knees.
Sign up to rate and review this story