Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Technology and Desert Skies

Crossfires

by xxFamousLastWordsxx 0 reviews

"You have a reward on your head"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2021-02-24 - 1826 words

0Unrated
Missile had taken control of the situation, calmed everyone down and eventually, everyone agreed to put their weapons away. Missile relaxed her shoulders and nodded. “You lot need to learn that not everyone is a threat” she snapped looking between all of us. It was as if we were at war, Missile standing in no man’s land.
One of the strangers shook his head, “Listen, we only want to protect you!” He exclaimed under his red and black bandana, wiping his crazy red hair away from his face. He stepped forward towards Missile. The others stepped back; he must have some sort of authority. Well, that is what it seemed like.
“I know! But trust me on this, I haven’t stopped talking about Music and Ghost” Missile said looking up at him and stepping towards the stranger. I had to fight every instinct not to grab her and run back to the car and drive her and Ghost as far away from here as possible.
The man looked at her “Okay” He said turning his attention to me and Ghost. Ghost had stepped forward and stood beside me, keeping the forcefield up. “Can you..stop..your thingy so that we can talk?” He asked, obviously discussing the forcefield.
“Music, trust me,” Missile pleaded turning her attention back towards me.
“Shut it off,” I said hesitantly to Ghost, nudging his elbow. Ghost nodded at me and flicked it off with the watch.
“Okay…now I can introduce you all properly” Missile smiled, obviously pleased that she had diffused the situation. It was evident the six adults were hesitant. I myself was also a little hesitant, what if they recognise me from the posters and threaten to turn me in to BLI themselves for the cash reward? “Now, can you all take off your masks please,” She asked looking at each of the six and turning towards me and Ghost.
“I don’t know about this” Ghost mumbled to me. “We have never had to show our faces to anyone” He said into my ear.
“Listen, it will be fine, Missile trusts them, we need to as well” I replied lowly ensuring only Ghost could hear me.
“Okay, we will all do it at the same time” The female spoke, going to remove her own mask/bandana.
“On the count of 3” the man with the red hair stated. He was still in a defensive stance, clearly unsure how me and Ghost would react. I am near positive I have seen this bunch of killjoys before. It was clear they were killjoys. If this was a setup, the draculoids would have already blown their cover.
“Deal” We all stated in unison. Missile was beaming, she was clearly waiting for this moment for a long time.
“This will establish trust more than anything else” The man with the Frankenstein mask said as he reached to pull his own up.
“Okay..1…” The ‘leader’ stated. Everyone prepared themselves. It looked like they did not give up their own disguises so easily either.
“2..” he continued, his voice was suspicious, defensive and hesitant. I could feel my own heart rate increasing.
“3!” He yelled as he pulled off his own bandana. The others followed suit. Ghost removed his and I slowly pulled my own off fixing my hair out of my face. I looked between the others. 5 of them were male and there was 1 female in front of me. My attention turned towards the red-haired man, his hazel eyes did not move off me and Ghost for a second, clearly expecting us to react, run or shoot at them.
“Wait” Ghost exclaimed in realisation. “You are the Fabulous Four…” He stated. That was when it clicked with me who they were
“Oh my god” I mumbled stepping back and pulling Ghost back with me. I had heard so many rumours about them through the radio. They were the most wanted killjoys on BLI’s hitlist. They were the original four that started the killjoy revolution. Dr. Death Defying’s handymen themselves. I couldn’t believe my eyes.
“WAIT!” The blonde man stood forward “You… you’re that inventor BLI is chasing!” He exclaimed pointing at me, his eyes going wide. All of them were staring me down.
I simply nodded “Yes,” I muttered out.
“And yes, we are the fabulous four…more like fabulous six/seven at this rate” The man with the afro said looking at us.
“You have a reward on your head” the female said looking at me. “How have you not been caught out???” She asked as she stepped towards us. We all had one thing in common, wanted by BLI.
“I have enough resources at my own disposal” I said, keeping my confidence, I am pretty sure that came out cocky.
“LISTEN, WE WILL BE SUCH A GOOD TEAM!” Missile beamed up, grabbing onto the red hair man’s jacket and pulling it. “SHE IS SO CLEVER AND WE ARE ALL SO INTELLIGENT AND-“
“Woah woah woah lets get introductions over with first” The afro man spoke and looked at Missile.
“Yes, let’s do that” I said sternly. I had no intentions on teaming up with other killjoys. I simply want Missile back, so I can solve the issue of getting my parents back.
“Party Poison” The red hair man stated reaching out his hand to me and Ghost.
Ghost stepped forward first, “Ghost Thriller,” He stated shaking Party Poison’s hand with a small smile.
Party Poison smiled back “Nice to meet you,” He said. Ghost returned and stood beside me again.
Party Poison looked at me, extending his hand out again towards me, looking at me with hope. I sighed and let out a deep breath.
“Music Catastrophe,” I said shaking his hand. “Nice to meet you,” I mumbled.
“Jet Star,” The afro man said coming forward again with the same manner as Party Poison. This was quickly followed by a flood of killjoy names;
“Fun Ghoul,”
“Kobra Kid”
“Thrill Killer,” The taller quiet killjoy stepped forward to me and Ghost.
“Hey look at that we are kind of matching” Ghost laughed. Ghost got slightly more comfortable around them. I was still unsure how to take them. I mean, they did take care of Missile, but what if they knew this entire time she was my sister?
Thrill Killer grinned “Looks like we will get along,” He said in an English accent. There was a weird mix of nationalities going on. Party, Jet, Kobra and Ghoul were clearly American.
“I am.. Adrenaline Rush,” The female stepped forward looking at me, she was still on the fence about us. I mean, I don’t blame her. “I have looked after Missile like my own sister” She almost spat at me.
“What are you fucking hinting at?” I spat back, almost like venom coming out of my mouth. “
“HEY HEY DON’T START A FIGHT” Party and Kobra grabbed Adrenaline pulling her back.
“SHE WAS ON HER OWN” Adrenaline yelled back. My blood was boiling, I had been hunting out Missile kid for months. I have barely slept a wink, worrying, wondering if there was a stone, I had left unturned as me and Ghost went through the zones aimlessly, ending up in horrendous situations all with the common goal of locating Missile.
“YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’RE STARTING, SHUT THE FUCK UP,” Ghost piped up grabbing my arms and pinning them behind my back, he knew exactly what I was capable of. My fists were clenching, and tears stung the corners of my eyes.
“BACK UP, STOP IT, SHE HAS BEEN TRYING TO FIND ME THIS ENTIRE TIME,” Missile yelled pushing them further and further away from me. My anger was reaching peak, my breath was fast and rapid. A neon blue light flashed up the veins in my arms, catching Ghost, Missile and the others attention.
“Music, Music, listen to me..” Ghost stuttered. “They have protected her, they are going to have a bad opinion of you, it is not worth it, don’t do it, please!” He pleaded gripping my wrists for dear life.
“HA! What is she going to do? Fight me? I would love to see her fucking try!” Adrenaline yelled, drawing out two daggers from their hold on her wrist straps. Clever move.
I pulled out of Ghost’s grip with ease, drawing my laser gun from its holster. My eyes were lit a crazy neon blue, the flashes still running up my arms into my face and neck. My eyes pierced at her.
“NO” Thriller, Ghoul and Kobra went to grab my gun. In an instant, I smacked them to the floor with strength (a handy combat I learnt from the friends who I discussed earlier, again I won’t go into detail, otherwise my head would be on the line). I easily brushed past the others. I pushed Adrenaline down to the ground in an instant. My foot against her face and my laser aimed at her head.
“You don’t know who you’re threatening,” I growled to the killjoy on the floor in front of me, my finger wrapped around the trigger. My hand shaking.
The other killjoys were bewildered by what had just unfolded in front of their eyes.
“CALM DOWN MUSIC, MUSIC, PLEASE CALM DOWN” Missile was pulling my jacket, crying and fighting to get me off Adrenaline.
Adrenaline wriggled underneath me, the fear was settling in, I could sense that. “OKAY, OKAY IM SORRY” She yelped out, knowing I had her in my grasp. Like a fly in a trap. I didn’t take my own eyes off her, my mind clouded with rage.
“PLEASE” Missile’s voice pierced through my ears. It was ridiculously high pitched. I squirmed.
“Don’t ever fucking threaten me like that again, otherwise you won’t stand up again, if she wasn’t pleading for your life, I wouldn’t have hesitated to end you right now,” I scowled again at her as I released the pressure from her. She quickly escaped running back to the safety of the other killjoys, falling straight into Kobra’s arms. Kobra wrapped his arms around her pointing his gun at me. It took me a second to realise the others were as well.
“What the fuck are you, you are not human,” Jet managed to get out, staring at me.
“I am human, I’m just more advanced than the six of you combined,” I said, as my mind started to clear. The blue had stopped flashing, my eyes returned to its normal sky-blue colour. My heart was racing. That had not happened for years.
I was praying it wouldn’t attract the attention of my ‘friends’, otherwise I would be in even more shit than what I currently am right now. “Fuck,” I got out, before my mind went blank and I passed out on the diner floor.
Sign up to rate and review this story