Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Technology and Desert Skies

Intrigued

by xxFamousLastWordsxx 0 reviews

"We even have a full fridge, no more Power Pup!"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2021-02-24 - 1504 words

0Unrated
“May I introduce you all to the new hideout,” I beamed as the killjoys all turned around to look at the white and black house standing before them. All of their jaws dropped.
“This is the closest to normality we have had in a long time!” Thrill grinned ear to ear, throwing his hands to his mouth.
“This is absolutely spectacular,” Ghoul breathed looking at it. He had a tear in his eye, staring at the modern building in front of him.
“This is the new hideout,” Party whispered staring at it. He looked over at me, moving his sunglasses off his eyes. “This is a new beginning,” He smirked at me. My heart almost fell out of my body.
“This is the safe haven,” I grinned keeping my eyes on Party.
“Can we go in?” Adrenaline smiled jumping on the spot. She had some sort of trust in me, that was comforting.
I moved and stood at the front porch. I swiped my hand up to expose a force field around it. “I haven’t fully used this pod before, this was developed for an emergency situation, luckily, this qualifies,” I laughed looking at them. “The force field will make the house invisible to outsiders, such as dracs or unknown killjoys,” I explained. “I have input all your names already and my watch scanned you all when you were turned around, so that the house recognises you all” I smiled.
“That’s pretty neat,” Jet grinned at me. This clearly meant a lot to this little bunch of misfits.
“It is pretty cool, it saves a lot of hassle,” I grinned. “You have to scan via finger print to access the house, it is the same for when you leave,” I said. “As another instalment, it will also learn your patterns over a few days and weeks, such as when you usually go out and when you usually come back, so if anyone goes missing, the house will tell us as well,” I said. “If that is a bit too secure, I can remove it,” I said as a slight comfort. I didn’t want these killjoys to feel trapped as such.
“No that is going to be useful, considering when we go out, we are always at risk,” Party nodded.
“Agreed” Kobra said. “Will it track us if we do go off grid?” He asked.
“I am in the process of developing something for that, it’s not quite complete,” I shrug my shoulders.
“The house will also recognise your beat up car and my car,” I laughed. “So it will let you enter in the car providing there is no unknown killjoy in the car, so you can’t really bring anyone in unless they are registered,” I said. “Again, just let me know and I’ll set it up,” I grinned.
“Amazing,” Jet smiled stepping forward to look.
“Okay, come on in and locate your rooms. Inside there is another security thing, I will talk you all through that,” I said going in the gate and opening the front door. The killjoys basically ran with excitement into their new home.
“This is a lot bigger than it looks,” Ghoul beamed as he studied around the living area.
“It’s organised our comics!” Kobra called out to Party “In a separate library and there is more!” He said obviously seeing my own collection.
“They are mine,” I grinned following them into the little study room. “I like a little separate room to chill and read,” I said looing at my own case.
“You have an extreme collection,” Party gazed in awe at the stacks. “Like this is impressive, most of ours got ruined during the analogue wars,” He said folding his arms.
“You’re all free to read mine, you might find some in mine that you’ve lost,” I said.
“Thankyou,” Party smiled immediately reaching into the shelves and pulling a few out.
There was chatter and excitement as the killjoys located different areas of the house
“WE EVEN HAVE A FULL FRIDGE, NO MORE POWER PUP” Jet and Ghoul had found the kitchen area. “THIS IS THE BEST PRESENT EVER,” Ghoul shouted like a hyper five year old child. How long had these killjoys gone without proper food? My heart broke for them.
“You are free to eat at anything, just let me know if anything runs down” I laughed watching them pull stuff out.
“I am going to cook a meal tonight,” Jet said sternly taking stuff off Ghoul. Jet was taking control of the kitchen already.
“I WANNA HELP YOU” Ghoul said staring through the cupboards.
“I am going to leave you lot to it,” I laughed and ventured out of the kitchen to go and see how the others were doing.
There was already a lot of happiness in this house. That made my heart swell. These killjoys can actually get a proper night sleep without worrying about draculoids coming or being robbed. Party and Kobra looked like they hadn’t slept for weeks. This really was a new start. For everyone.
Ghost and Missile had already made their choices on which beds they had wanted. Ghost came down the stairs stomping his way down “Have you shown them the coolest security feature yet?” He grinned at me.
“Oh! No I haven’t actually!” I laughed putting my arm around him. We called out to the other killjoys to meet us in the living room.
“Ghost wants to show you all, what he calls the coolest security feature in the house,” I smiled looking to Ghost to let him take the lead.
Ghost smiled and blushed slightly. He didn’t like everyone watching him. He wasn’t a good public speaker, that was something I was helping him work on. “So,” He started and clapped his hands together. “We are standing in front of the stair case for a reason” he said, taking his time. His confidence had improved so much since the BLI takeover. “This can only be activated by me and Music for the time being, but over here on the side is an invisible button,” He said pointing to a patch on the white wall, that did oddly look out of place. He placed his hand over it and a green light came over his hand. Kai was scanning his hand to ensure he had authority to access it. The big red panic button came into the view of the killjoys.
“This house is full of so many surprises already,” Ghoul said swaying side to side with his arms folded.
“Believe me you will stumble across something and it will scare you,” I joked to the killjoys. I had scared Ghost with one of the features in the car, that alarms when someone unrecognized enters it. I had forgot to authorise Ghost, he would not let me live that one down.
“This is like a fun house at the fair,” Adrenaline laughed, leaning lovingly into Kobra.
“Anyway!” Ghost said a little louder, regaining the attention of everyone. He pressed the button. The stairs retracted away into the ceiling and disappeared. “Upstairs is the panic area, if someone breaks in and we all make our way upstairs, the same button is there. When we press that, the stairs will come up, making it impossible for someone to get to us,” He said brightly. “If you look to the ceiling, there is a blue force field layer that also gives out electric shocks. It is my favourite thing Music has ever invented,” He said.
“That is so cool,” Party grinned and looked at me. “How long does it take you to actually make this stuff?” He asked, with interest.
I was still a little hesitant and had my guard up in relation to the technology. “It depends if I have the materials to do it, I will probably disappear for 2 days at a time to go and find stuff. Ghost always finds the cooler things.” I grinned back. The other killjoys were chatting to Ghost and asking questions about the button.
Party nudged my elbow. “That is something I would love to do with you, if you let me. I want to see how this stuff is built. I understand why BLI is after you. If they had access to this, they would be” He paused. “Impossible to stop,” He finished looking down at me.
I swallowed the lump in my throat. “That’s why no one ha s ever seen it apart from my colleagues, friends and my family,” I said. “You would find it boring going on an expedition with me, it’s mainly me and Kai talking about potential areas,” I scoffed at the end.
Party grinned “It would be something different,” He said before walking to join the rest of the killjoys. Ghost had already brought the stairs back down and made the button disappear again.
One thing played on my mind, why was Party Poison so intrigued? By my creations?
Sign up to rate and review this story