Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Technology and Desert Skies

I Promise

by xxFamousLastWordsxx 0 reviews

"That was such a nice feeling"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2021-02-24 - 1760 words

0Unrated
- 1 month later -
I sighed and set my wine glass down on my desk. “This isn’t working out,” I mumbled and furrowed my brows in frustration. I had set up the basement a.k.a my office. It was filled with all kinds of blueprints, protypes, creations, half-built stuff and more. I had managed to rearrange it and all the pods into assigned spaces. The cure I had made before this all kicked off was even locked away in one of the biggest and hardest to locate cupboards I could find. I was working on a new project. My dimension portal had been damaged, plus it needed a major upgrade. The dimension portal is something even Ghost doesn’t know about. I was wondering why I hadn’t heard from my other business partners or ‘friends’ in a long time. They couldn’t communicate with me correctly. Though, maybe that was a good thing. I looked up to my big black clock on my wall “It’s already 2am,” I mumbled and threw my head back. I spend roughly 14 hours in the basement a day. I don’t even need to move from it. Also, a fun thing about the basement is that no one else has access to it, not even Ghost or Missile. They can only come down if I let them come down to visit. I closed my eyes for a second and took a deep breath. I then heard a knock on the door at the top of the stairs. The door wasn’t visible to the other killjoys in the house. All they could see was a metal pad. Though, they had worked out where the door was and that they were able to knock it. Ghost probably gave them that.
“Who is it?” I asked, flicking my wrist to reveal a screen in front of me that showed who was at the door. They also got to see me on that little metal pad.
“I think you need a well-deserved break” Party Poison was standing at the top of the stairs holding a cup of tea. Over the past month, he had actually become one of my best friends down here.
I rolled my eyes “Breaks add time to the project, Party” I stated back raising an eyebrow at him “And why are you even awake?” I asked sternly.
“I couldn’t sleep, and I knew you were working down here, plus you never see any of us anymore anyway, heck a bit of socialisation and discussion about your project might give you a few ideas to try,” He said encouragingly.
“I’m not being responsible for keeping you awake, plus if Jet or Missile hears us, they will be shouting at us,” I laughed. Jet took Missile for target practice every morning at 6AM. Ghost had eventually joined the routine of it. I knew Missile didn’t need target practice, but it was important for her that none of the killjoys knew of her ‘secret’
“Then let me in and we can sit down there and drink tea, and you can show me what you’re working on,” Party persisted, dancing on the spot. I bit my lip; he couldn’t know about the dimension device.
“Fine, I’ll come up for one cup of tea,” I said standing up from my desk. I swiped my left hand over the desk, the papers and protypes disappeared to go back into their assigned slots.
“YES!” Party said triumphantly. “Knew I would win,” He smirked at the camera.
“Shut up” I said sticking my tongue out and closing the screen. I threw my fluffy black cardigan on and my panda slippers before I made my way up the stairs. The desert was boiling hot during the day. At night-time, you would think we all lived in Antarctica. I swung the door open and was welcomed by a hug from Party.
“Come on we can sit in the study area,” He said grabbing my hand and trailing me to it. I rolled my eyes and let myself be dragged along.
“You love that room, don’t you?” I laughed as he shuffled along.
“Yes, I do, I have made it through majority of your collection of comics at this stage,” He smiled.
“Party you only have one cup of tea, we both need a cup,” I said in realisation.
“Nope I’ve already brewed a pot and set it up,” He grinned like a toddler and opened the door to the study.
Adrenaline and Kobra had decorated the study. It had fairy lights around the room. They had re arranged the furniture and the bookshelves to make it look cosier. There were now four bean bags in the middle of the floor and a little mini table. On the table was the pot of tea Party had made with another mug. The old record player was sitting in the middle underneath the desk.
“You didn’t need to do this,” I said looking at Party, slightly annoyed but slightly surprised by how he had set up the study.
“You’re down in that little room for over 14 hours working, you need to assign some time for me, Ghost and all of us,” He stated. “We are going to make you a new timetable and you still need to bring me on that expedition you promised,” He said still dragging me. He brought me over to the bean bags. “Now sit” He said sipping from the black mug in his hand.
I sighed and sat down, I was that run down and tired, I didn’t even have the energy to object to his requests.
“That’s more like it!” He smiled and sat himself down beside me in the red bean bag.
I pulled my legs up under my knees and pulled my cardigan down onto my hands before lifting the chosen spider man mug. “Happy now?” I asked tilting my head to Party
“Very,” He grinned, keeping his eyes on me.
Even though I was still on edge over the technology, I had warmed to this little bunch of misfits. I just made sure I chose my words carefully and ensured I didn’t let them in on anything that was kept behind my basement door.
“If you want to, we can go on that expedition tomorrow,” I said taking a sip from my tea. “Though, Ghost isn’t going to be your friend, because he loves doing it,” I said
“I’m sure I can get away with going on one,” Party said also sipping from his mug. “You’re just really interesting, you’ve taught all of us something new since you arrived,” He smiled.
“I upgraded your lasers and you all thought that was crazy,” I laughed
“The fact you even have expensive, high tech lasers is crazy!” Party snapped back at me. “You’re so used to your little gadgets, you forget we haven’t even seen half of the stuff” Party said tucking a strand of bright red hair behind his ear.
“Half the stuff is still a work in progress, plus the laser guns is useful” I said with a shoulder shrug. “Also how’s the watch?” I asked peering down at Party’s wrist. That protype watch me and Ghost were talking about? I finally finished it.
“It is really neat, everyone is pinned on it, it even tells you when they were last active” Party smiled looking at the watch.
“It does so much, it will be useful if something bad happens,” I said. “As long as it is easy to use” I grinned
“Nothing bad will happen to any of us, we all know each other’s schedules by this point” Party said blowing on his tea, hiding his own anxieties.
“Look what happened two days ago with Adrenaline, she almost got taken, I think the draculoids have caught wind that me and Ghost are with you lot,” I said, feeling a pit in my stomach. Having all the most wanted killjoys in one place was eventually going to back fire.
Party considered what I said, “I know, luckily she was with Ghost, Thrill and Ghoul,” he said. “If she was by her self we would have been in deeper shit,” He said with a shake of his head. He was anxious as well about something happening to one of us.
I reached over and took his hand “Those watches, the guns and the trust everyone is built with each other is going to make us all protected,” I comforted.
“What if it’s not enough?” Party challenged looking at me. “Or what if they tap into the network and access the watches?” He asked with a deep sigh.
“That’s impossible, Kai will let us know if there is an intruder or hacker, I’ve been hacked before and I swear I ain’t letting it happen again, I promise,” I said, sitting up and looking at Party straight in the eyes. I gave his hand a light squeeze.
Party nodded also sitting up “I trust you,” He said quietly. “And I trust Kai,” He added.
“Good” I mumbled out.
We sat there for about 2 hours talking about everything and anything. I knew this was going to become a daily thing. Y’know what, I didn’t mind spending time alone with Party. He was the one that I trusted the most out of the group. He interested me. There was a connection between me and Party and I couldn’t work out why it was there.
Before we went upstairs, he did what he said he was going to do and made me a new timetable. The expedition was tomorrow, so he said it could wait until after the expedition had been done. He cared about me, that was a weird thing for me, considering I was used to taking care of Ghost and Missile. I forgot what it was like to have someone look out for you. Party even walked me the whole way upstairs and waited until I had reached my bedroom.
“You didn’t have to walk me to my room y’know” I said looking at him, crossing my arms.
“I just wanted to make sure you got there okay” He said leaning on the bannister
“Good night Party,” I smiled swinging the door open and stepping into my room.
“Good night Music,” Party said smoothly back as I closed the bedroom door.
That was such a nice feeling.
Sign up to rate and review this story