Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Technology and Desert Skies

Divas and Destinations

by xxFamousLastWordsxx 0 reviews

"Big bad expedition"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2021-02-24 - 1455 words

0Unrated
I woke up to the sunlight beaming in through the windows. I squeezed my eyes a few times and let out a giant breath. It was expedition day. “I have so much to prep,” I mumble to myself as I rolled over and sat up on my bed. I gave my eyes a rub and glanced over at Ghost and Missile who were still soundly asleep. I smiled a little at them. Over the past month, Ghost had slowly adjusted to being around new people and he felt he had a support group instead of only having me around. I lazily and reluctantly moved from my bed and grabbed my grey light cardigan and threw it on over my pyjamas. I walked over to Ghost and gave him a nudge “Good Morning,” I said quietly. I let Missile sleep on in the mornings. Ghost likes to help me prep stuff for the expeditions.
Ghost turned over and looked up at me still half asleep “it’s expedition day” His voice broke as he spoke.
“Yes it is, come on we will get some breakfast and start prepping,” I smiled grabbing his hand to help him out of bed. He shook his head, ruffled his hair and followed me out of the room, dragging his feet along the carpet.
“I’m not going to come with you today, me, Missile, Jet and Thrill have some stuff planned,” He said stretching his arms out as we reached the bottom of the stairs. My heart broke a little.
“But it’s our thing,” I said suddenly turning around to him. “It’s the one thing we always do!” I whined at him, pouting.
Ghost chuckled, “I’m sure you’ll be fine without me,” He said softly. “Besides, I know Party is going with you today and he is going to need to be trained by the best,” He teased, plopping himself down on one of the chairs.
I rolled my eyes “He is going to ask me so many questions, then I’ll reply sarcastically and then he will turn into a sassy little diva,” I said grabbing two coffee mugs out of the cupboard.
“It will teach you to have some patience if anything,” Ghost grinned. I passed him a mug of coffee and some toast and sat down opposite him crossing my legs. I felt anxious going out without Ghost. I hadn’t really left him, apart to go to the basement. But I knew he was in the house.
“Stop panicking,” Ghost said reading me like a book.
“I can’t help it, I’m used to you being my little sidekick,” I sighed sipping on my black coffee.
“I’m going to help you get stuff, so that way, you will definitely have everything you need!” Ghost said encouragingly.
A lot of stuff goes through my mind before an expedition. Such as; draculoids, ambushes, dodgy killjoys, burglary, explosions, losing Ghost (well in this expedition it will be Party), leaving a piece of technology behind, so many risks, just to get some materials. Mental note: also locate water source.
“Okay” I said softly continuing to sip on my drink. “Just enjoy breakfast then we can get started,” I sighed.
--
“Okay that is definitely everything,” Ghost said closing the boot of the car. He got up his checklist on his watch and marked everything off with a swipe of his finger, ensuring he had definitely got everything.
“I trust you!” I grinned closing the car door and lighting a cig. “You’re going to miss me today and I bet, when I return, you’re going to wish you came,” I joked, exhaling smoke.
“Believe me, I will be well distracted,” Ghost said closing down his checklist.
“Yes I have stuff,” Party said to Kobra, Thrill and Adrenaline.
“I want to go on this little adventure now, but I would bring an entire library with me and I don’t think I will survive without my old DVDs either,” Adrenaline said thinking to herself.
“You wouldn’t last 2 minutes without Doctor Who and Harry Potter,” Thrill said nudging Adrenaline’s arm as they approached the car.
“Nope, it’s my life blood,” Adrenaline smiled. “Everyone knows that” She said pointing her finger in the air.
“Come on slow coach!” I shouted to Party
“ALRIGHT, CHILL” Party shouted back. He was going through his stuff one last time.
“I’m sure whatever you’ve forgot to pack, Kai will have it” I laughed as the three arrived.
Thrill and Party lit a cig. “What is it you’re really wanting to find out of this?” Thrill asked turning to me and Ghost.
“Everything and anything we can get our hands on. I need more antennas from old radios and stuff. To strengthen the network in the house. Some other stuff aswell” I smiled.
“And water, please remember water!” Ghost said kicking his feet in the sand.
“We are running a little low on that, but we definitely have enough to keep us going until you two get back” Kobra smiled.
“Don’t waste anything” I warned. “No malfunctions, no trying to enter the basement and most importantly, please don’t get lost or kidnapped or go missing” I stressed to the killjoys. The last thing I wanted was to be miles away from the house and then get a notification that something horrific had happened.
“It’s fine we have Jet and Ghost to deal with draculoids” Adrenaline smiled “Plus I have my daggers” She said whipping them out. She had a habit of finding any excuse to get the daggers out.
I rolled my eyes “Okay, we should be back within 2-3 days,” I said. Jet, Missile and Ghoul had already left to go to Dr. Death’s.
“Great, hope you find loads of cool stuff!” Thrill smiled pulling me into a hug.
“Please take care of Ghost,” I mumbled into Thrill’s ear.
“He will be in the best hands,” Thrill whispered back and kissed my cheek.
---
“I have pinned a location, redirecting,” Kai chirped up about an hour into the drive through the desert. Me and Party were pretty boring. All we talked about was comics, bands, new projects and the plan for what was next.
“Do you think we will ever be ready to take down Korse?” I asked glancing over at Party.
“Definitely, you’ve got so much stuff, we are training Missile, Jet is set and Adrenaline is dying to use those damn daggers,” He said puffing away on yet another cigarette.
“Heck, I don’t know if the stuff I have will be enough” I said shrugging my shoulders following the directions Kai had set out for us.
Party’s head snapped towards me, “Don’t be ridiculous, you have worked ridiculously hard on all of your projects, stop doubting yourself!” He said sternly. I felt like I was being told off by my mother with the tone he used.
“Party, half of it is in prototype mo-“
“No excuses!” Party snapped putting the hand up to me. I rolled my eyes.
“Stop being a diva” I said shaking my head.
“Stop being pessimistic!” Party shot back at me.
“Stop being overly positive!”
“Stop being a drama queen!”
“That’s rich coming from you!” I grinned sticking my tongue out at him. He looked at me like I had just slapped him in the face.
“That is just rude!” He said flailing both hands in the air “I’m sick of your shit!” He said throwing his head back into the car seat.
“Jesus, you’re just as bad as Ghost, getting on like a CHILD” I said, trying to stop myself from smiling.
“I AM NOT A CHILD!” Party pouted back.
“Clearly you are and you can’t handle this big bad expedition” I laughed.
Party sighed and shook his head “You have an answer for everything!” He said dramatically, proceeding to cross his arms and turn away to look out the window.
“Take a left and you have arrived at a new destination!” Kai perked up. “No signs of life” He stated as he scanned the area.
“We are here, so act big and brave and be a good killjoy!” I spoke to Party.
“Fine” Party grumbled out, continuing the act of being a child.
“This is the start of the real adventure now,” I smiled pulling up the car. Party, despite being a pain was amazing company. It was nice to do this with him. Even though Ghost was in the back of my head and I was concerned about him, I couldn’t let my anxieties get in the way of this opportunity.
Sign up to rate and review this story