Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Technology and Desert Skies

Loyalty

by xxFamousLastWordsxx 0 reviews

"Your reaction is telling me they are a threat to us"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Published: 2021-02-24 - 1574 words

0Unrated
-- 18 months later --
It has been a weird, year and a half. I stayed in the black parade for around 8 months. I started to work again, it felt like normality. Gerard had even shared his office with me and gave me space when I needed it. I was slowly recovering from the traumatic events that happened. The guys had reassured me that they were always there, no matter what and if it does get bad again, to go back.
I was back in the desert, I had developed an even better version of the house, that was kept underground, and I even had security at the front door to prevent anyone coming in. There was only a select few that stayed with me. They were old friends from school and within my business. They were also wanted for information regarding my stuff. My friends were so talented and full of knowledge. I was still getting used to their killjoy names, half the time I still call them by their old names.
I hadn’t found Ghost, Missile or the other killjoys since the incident. I had noticed that all the watches were offline. They had been offline for the past year and a half. I wasn’t surprised, they probably decided to go off radar. I was half expecting one of them to eventually find me, but I have given up on that possibility now. It has been far far too long.
I was in my little basement area, it hasn’t changed much at all, it only got a slight upgrade, but it was nothing worth noting. We had a small business that was only for certain clients. The Black Parade was our top one, they encouraged me to keep at my craft. The others were only a select few of trusted killjoys. They were only accepted when we had decided they were no threat to us. They mostly came in for upgrades on beat up laser guns.
The desert was even worse, it was strange. It was like it was emptier than usual? The style of government had changed, and they upped the medication for the population. Now, the draculoids were like puppets. They didn’t speak, they were sent out to shoot and kill. One of my friends had got an insight into battery city and was stunned at how the normal civilians were walking around like robots. It was an insane time to be alive. Also, notably, no one had seen Korse in the flesh in the last year or so, it was as if he had fell off the planet.
There was a sudden knock on my door. I glanced at the time; it was 1AM. “What is going on?” I called out without moving from my spot.
“There are two trusted killjoys standing out here. I haven’t saw them before, but they were on the list and passed the scanners” Stitch called back. Stitch was my old best friend in high school.
I furrowed my brows “Who on Earth could it be?” I mumbled to myself, standing up from my desk. I had gotten used to seeing the exact same clients, they all came at the exact same time on certain days of the month. I would have pre-orders and everything ready in the diary. There was no-one booked in this late. I grabbed my jacket and stepped out of the desk. I flashed the black out screen to split the two new killjoys from the rest of us. It allowed me to see them, before they could see me.
“Did they know me by name?” I asked biting my lip,
“Yes,” Stitch said “That was the weirdest part” he said “They said they were looking for someone who knew Music’s craft and technology” he continued, “They did not ask for you personally,” He said in a state of confusion.
“Hmm,” I mumbled. “I’m going to change myself into a disguise, go out and tell them that Violet will see them,” I said flicking up on my watch and transforming my entire appearance to that of a different killjoy. I stepped out into the main foyer and looked out at the black screen.
Well, all of my organs nearly dropped out of my body. I could feel my face going pure white.
Standing before me was Adrenaline and Thrill. Except, they were not dressed in their usual killjoy attire, they were dressed smartly. Thrill was wearing a pure white suit with matching black shoes. Adrenaline was also the same except with a white pencil skirt, blouse and blazer, with again, matching shoes. I couldn’t even move from the spot.
“Violet, this is Adrenaline and Thrill,” Stitch said looking at me, his face dropped noting my reaction to the two in front. This had also grabbed the attention of the others who stood behind me with lasers in their hand.
“Your reaction is telling me they are a threat to us,” Flame said nudging my elbow. “You obviously know them,” She said sternly. She worked in the security section of my business. She would be in charge of ensuring our connections were secure and reliable.
“They,” I started and stopped myself. “They are old friends” I mumbled. “I wasn’t expecting to see them,” I breathed, not taking my eyes off them.
“Can I drop the screen?” Stitch asked, “Just so it’s less awkward for them?” He asked.
I simply nodded “Drop down your weapons, they are not a threat,” I whispered, wiping a tear from my eye.
I had to keep my cool. I decided it was best to stay in my disguise as Violet, maybe I could work out more details and information about what happened to them after I left.
“Hello,” Thrill spoke, he spoke so much more formally than normal. He even out stretched his hand. I grasped his hand and shook it.
“Hello, my name is violet Sugar,” I coughed out, attempting to appear normal and not faint in front of them.
“Are you familiar with Music Catastrophe’s work?” Adrenaline asked, I just noticed that she was holding a clip board in her hand.
I nodded “Yes, I have access to everything, did you purchase any items and having trouble?” I asked with a cocked eyebrow. It took all my strength not to hug them and scream at them.
Adrenaline shook her heard “We have access to an item of hers that we can’t get into, there is a security glitch we can’t get past. We need to access to it for the benefit of our business” Adrenaline almost spoke down to me. She spoke with so much confidence and authority.
“I don’t understand, whose business is you with?” I asked folding my arms.
“I don’t want any of you to panic, we are with Better Living,” Thrill stated fixing his cuffs. I was shocked, how on earth did they end up working for BLI?
The others had drawn out their lasers and pointed it to them “it is impossible for you to have access to Music’s work; she would never work in partnership with BLI” Stitch spat standing beside me. I grabbed his arm and pulled the lasers down.
“We are old friends, we had it prior to our position” Adrenaline said with a roll of her eyes. “We would appreciate it if you came with us to the headquarters” She said, “You will be paid, you will not be arrested for your co-operation, we will allow this to slide,” She smirked.
“This is not a good idea,” Venom mumbled in my ear “You’re crazy if you go” She spat at me.
“I need to go” I whispered to her “They were a huge part of Music’s life,” I said looking at Stitch.
“I am leaving you in charge, trust me I can take care of myself” I said with slight fear in my voice.
“Great, let’s leave, we have the car awaiting” Thrill grinned proceeding towards the door. “Gather your things and pack a bag, we might need you for a few days,” He said proceeding to light up a cigarette.
I nodded “Okay” I whispered, going out the back and grabbing the emergency bag I had packed. It also had a pod in it with all my weapons that I might need.
After a debate with the killjoys, they eventually let me leave. I promised them that they would always have access to my location through the upgraded system on the watch. “If I am in danger, I will let you know” I said reassuringly. “Kai is on my wrist, Kai won’t let anything happen, I already learnt that lesson,” I said locking the basement door.
“Okay, I trust you,” Venom said “Let us know if you are staying longer than 4 days” She said “Otherwise we will come and get you,” She said sternly “I don’t want anything to happen to you” She said putting her gun down on the table.
“Nothing will happen,” I said and proceeded to leave and approach the car.
“Thank you for co-operating with us, Violet, you will be a useful resource for BLI” Adrenaline grinned shutting the car door.
I had so many questions, it was impossible to bite my tongue. Was Ghost and Missile part of BLI?
Had I made a mistake leaving Ghost and Missile behind?
Sign up to rate and review this story