Categories > Original > Romance > Idols

Sweet Escape

by Amelia_Dreemurr 0 reviews

Too lazy.

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2021-03-08 - 2097 words

0Unrated
"Sweet Escape," opened a few years back, is the one of the only restaurants in Glendale, and the best. Known not only for its fair share of variety and different foods from different cultures, it also did a pretty great job with doing so, as well. What was there to expect from a poltergeist who'd been practicing her skills for years? Still, as tasty as everything she made was, she didn't get many customers. Nor did Glendale get many tourists.

I walk in, yawning. I was in my nightwear, as I didn't really care about strangers staring and Ciara had been over for sleepovers all the time for the A.A.

I head into the kitchen, using my ID as a pass, and Ciara is there, rushing around frantically. "Melie, thank god. Can you please help??? I promise I'll partake in whatever experiment you have planned after."

I grab the waiter outfit and go into her office to change. "Way ahead of you, sweetheart. Pad and pen, please? Shouldn't Aly be the one to help you?" I pull my hair up into a quick bun.
She shakes her head. "She's busy with a photoshoot. Go on, hurry!!!" She hands me the trays of food along with the tickets in where the orders were placed and pushes me out. I head to table after table placing food down, before heading back in. This waiter outfit is kinda tight… But it's the only one she has, and it's meant for Ikari, someone with the same bust as myself, but smaller hips.

I walk back out to wait on a big party of people who seem to have been waiting for a little while now. I write down their orders and bite on my tongue to stop me from biting on my nails instead. I look up and am faced with voices I somehow, vaguely recognize.

"Wait a damn minute." One of them looks directly into my eyes. "That's… Amelia."

"Mm. Yep. And I'm guessing y'all are the YouTube stars I was talking to. Just my luck you ended up in Glendale for your meeting."

"Well, we're working on a project here."

I scoff. "So you traveled here during the pandemic?"

"Well, we took the necessary precautions. Why aren't you wearing a mask?"

"Because I can't catch covid. Not if my Kingdom came out with the preventative vaccine ages ago." I roll my eyes. "Honestly, humans are so…" I trail off. "Nevermind. Give me your orders."

"Damn you're rude," what I assume to be Jack, says.

"Mhm."

"Wasn't today your day off?"

"I'm doing a favor for a friend. She runs this establishment with, basically only one other person, due to its lack of business, and said person was sick. And the person who's usually back up is busy. Plus, it's not like she isn't going to return the favor." I shrug. "Orders, please?"
Corpse gives me his order, and I write it down. They seem very surprised that I am, again, unfazed by his voice. It's very deep, I will give him that. I just don't care. Since he's a faceless influencer, I study his features. Black messy hair, dark brown eyes, and latino skin. Very large, rough looking hands with black and silver rings on them. He actually has a few piercings other than his on his lobes. A lip one, a nose one, and a bunch lining one of his ears. He's wearing a black hoodie with an anime picture on it.

Jack had a distinctive Irish accent when we spoke, and he has dark, long brown hair tied back in a bun, with shaved sides. I have to say, I am impressed. Not a lot of men can pull off a man bun. Nor a full blown beard. But he has. His eyes are a striking blue, but I've seen more vibrant ones, so I don't take much notice of them. He's wearing a white tee and there's a really ugly hat sitting down on the table beside him. He also has his ears pierced, but nothing too extravagant, just plain black, most likely plastic.

Valkyrae is probably a Eurasian or European mixture, with tan-ish skin, large brown eyes, curled hair, and very well defined brows. She's wearing a baby blue sleeveless turtleneck and the lightest touch of makeup. She has a henna tattoo going up her arm onto the back of her hand.

Markiplier is wearing a black tee with a whole phrase "Memento Mori" etched in white printed on the front, along with a skull, an hourglass, and other small, miscellaneous, and strange white symbols. So is Ethan. Mark has a strong jaw, and a pretty big build, above average. His hair is slightly long, and naturally curly, and his eyes are a deep brown, almost black. He has a thickly stubbled beard, but not as long as Jack's. He only has one diamond earring.

Ethan has a brightly gleaming silver watch that sticks out to me, but I try to focus on his facial features. He looks pubescent. A few pimples here and there, a clean shaven face, and eyes hazel, greenish brown in this light. His brown hair is thin, and it seems like it's been through many dyed periods. His ears are pierced with simple silver earrings.

Pokimane is very slightly tanned, with brown curly hair and bleached strips in multiple locks of it. Her soft brown eyes almost match my own golden brown ones, but not quite. She's wearing a pink ruffled blouse and a white jean skirt. Damn she's hot.

I bite down on my tongue harder, drawing that sickly sweet iron taste, blood as black and as thick as it usually is, into my senses. No bad thoughts. None.

Sykkuno is asian, with dark eyes and hair, but he keeps smiling and putting a hand over said smile. It's honestly adorable. His features don't stick out in any way, but he is super cute. His white t-shirt has a text box with japanese characters on it, and I read it out as Sykkuno. Hm.

Pewdiepie, or Felix, had a distinct Swedish accent when we spoke, and he has dirty blonde hair, and a matching beard like Jack, but he doesn't do a great job of pulling it off. He has greyish blue eyes, dull compared to Jack's, and he has what I call the perfect, medium body build. I glance down at the ring on his finger and let out a sigh.

Dream is a very blonde guy with vibrant green eyes, quite possibly more bright than Bella's. No offense, Bella. He has light skin, a green hoodie with a pixelated smile on it, and black leather, fingerless gloves.

As I'm leaving, I trip over my stupid heels and land face forward on the floor. Ugh. I stand back up, pick up the papers I dropped, and take off my heels and go barefoot. I get into the kitchen, managing to keep my composure, before pulling out the serum. A needle filled with a liquid that does god knows what. "Oh, Key!~ I'm getting impatient."

"Please, just one last table and I'll let you stop." She hands me the food for one table and I head back out. Placing the food down, I head back in to find more on the table, for the YouTube table. I sigh and pull on rollerskates I kept in my inventory for whatever fucking reason, and go about skating through my waiting job in a breeze. It's quicker than the bullshit I was putting up with.

Despite my natural clumsiness, I always manage to pull through if I'm focused enough. I finish the goddamn job and wait on all the customers. "Key. Now." I inject it into her. She falls over. Damn it. She says she suddenly feels weak, and so I help her to her feet and hand her a monster chocolate bar and as she eats it, she feels slightly better. "I think you need to come home with me, just in case there are some menacing symptoms… I'll text Aly and let her know you had to leave early."

"Sorry folks, the restaurant is closing." I bring out to-go boxes and pass them out, before opening the door for everyone to file out.

"Mel, the A.A. We should have another sleepover…"

"No, you might be sick. Maybe I'll invite Alcyone over, but that's it. K, bye, everyone! Thanks for stopping by the best restaurant in Glendale and feel free to come back!!!~" Citizens who've known me for years now thank me graciously for my time and effort, but I yawn and ignore them. Most of them are boring old humans with zero substance.

Ciara is clinging tightly to my side, having discreetly turned incorporeal. Damn it. She's trying to flirt with me again. As an adorable polyamorous poltergeist, she had a thing for me and Aly in our strange little alliance. She had a strange taste for dark skinned people. I can't even push her off, as my hand would just phase through.

Instead I use Chara's power to make the bottom half of my leg incorporeal and kick her shin. "Off," I mutter. She whimpers but does as she's told.

Corpse winks at me as he leaves, and I get his real name as he whispers it in my ear, "Josef." I make a quick swipe at his leg and trip him over.

"Get that close to my face again and I'll break your fucking leg. This town is mine. They won't punish me for physical assault." Not with my money. Not with my uncle behind me.

"What the hell?!?" Jack quickly gets Josef to his feet, snarling at me.

"I don't punch girls, guys…"

"But I do." Pokimane, or perhaps, Imane, as I read her mind quickly, makes a swing. I take it, and get a black blood running down my nose. I lick it off my upper lip and let go of Ciara's hand, wiping the rest. "A-Aah!~ Forgot what that felt like…~" I let my lovesick persona overcome my expressions as my pupils shift to that pure black it usually does when I'm about to lose control. "Now, darling… Sweet, precious little Imane~" I place a hand on her shoulder, smiling. "Do you have any idea what it feels like to be raped, by a woman? It's not a pleasant experience. Now, I'm no moral saint, but even I couldn't bring myself to commit such a horrendous act. I do, however, know many people who'd be willing. If you ever lay a hand on me again, muñeca, I might just have to point one of then in your direction, and knowing them, they have their ways to pool resources and find anyone~" I tuck a lock of her hair behind her ear and smile sweetly. "So, doll, move along please. I have children to get home to." Still holding the blondish lock and staring at it wistfully. I let it go. "Love your hair, by the way." I tug at my own bun and pull my hair down, before Ciara emerges from the restaurant, visible now, looking weary.

"Oh, hey, Key. How… are you feeling?" I brush her stray red strands from her face and feel her forehead. She has a fever… "Oh god… Aly is going to kill me for doing this to you. You're worn, huh?"

"Sh-Shut up, I'm fine." She pushes my face away. "Let's go home."

"Fine." I wrap an arm around her waist and pull her arm around my shoulder. I called Chara moments earlier to come with the car, and sure enough, there was the red convertible peeking out from the side of the restaurant. I pick up Key bridal style and put her in through the open hood.

"What did she say to you, Imane...?" Mark puts a hand on her shoulder, concerned.

"Is that your girlfriend?" Felix looks at me with curious eyes, but I laugh.

"Haha. No." I wipe the gloss from her lips. "Key, what did Aly say about using her lip gloss?"

"Not to…" she mumbles.

"That vain bitch will kill you if she finds out." I sigh and hop into the car. "Hood up, Char. Is mom taking care of my babies?"

"Of course." The hood slowly pulls over us, and I yawn. "What'd you do to Key?"

"Drugged her, I guess. Uncle Gaster never told me what the latest serum did and I thought the safe bet was to test it on her. I was wrong. But she'll be fine."
Sign up to rate and review this story